Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Deathwing vs Alduin

Snow Frostflame

10 users have voted

1. 1. who would win?

• Deathwing The Destroyer
    • Alduin The World Eater

I don't know why until now I though of this topic well these two dragons are primary antagonists for World of Warcraft Cataclysm DLC and Skyrim both of them almost destroyed the world so who do you think would win in a fight Deathwing The Destroyer or Alduin The World Eater if you don't know anything about one of them I was nice enough to put there bios here

(image 1 Deathwing, Image 2 Alduin, Image 3 both)

alright you guys keep mentioning that Alduin is immortal unless you use Dragonrend but Deathwing is also immortal because of his armor lets say they were both mortal who would win then

Deathwing:

Deathwing the Destroyer, formerly known as Neltharion the Earth-Warder, was one of the five Dragon Aspects and leader of the black dragonflight. Thousands of years ago, Neltharion was empowered by the Titans with dominion over the earth and the deep places of Azeroth. However, driven mad by the Old Gods, he turned against the other Aspects during the War of the Ancients. Among both mortals and dragons his name became one whispered with a feeling of fear and contempt.

The black aspect involved himself in the Second War, adopting the form of Lord Daval Prestor in order to destroy the Alliance from within. He also managed to turn his greatest enemy, Alexstrasza, into a slave of the Horde, with which he later allied himself. After a series of setbacks, culminating in his defeat at the hands of the other Aspects, Deathwing retreated to the elemental plane of Deepholm to recuperate. From there, he observed his former mate Sintharia's experiments with the twilight dragonflight in Grim Batol. He now continues his late consort's work.

Though believed dead by many, Deathwing made his return in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, the third expansion to World of Warcraft, and his wrath constituted a pre-release event known as the Shattering, which changed the world of Azeroth permanently. The world continues to reel from the effects of Deathwing's return as he flies over Azeroth to randomly cast his flame. He is the final raid encounter of Cataclysm, appearing as the last two encounters of the Dragon Soul raid.

Deathwing had control over the land and its fathoms, including lava. Like the rest of his dragonflight, lava features prominently in his attacks. He also has the ability to withstand extreme temperatures, such as those within volcanoes.

After making his final stand against the heroes and fellow Dragon Aspects who stood in his way, the final blow to the Destroyer was delivered by Thrall with the power of the Dragon Soul. As Deathwing's distorted body submerges into the Maelstrom, his reign of destruction was finally brought to an end. After his death, the world relished in relief as they survived the Cataclysm brought on by Deathwing, and the great purpose of the Aspects was finally fulfilled, their ancient power being expended as they looked to the mortals to foresee the new age.

Alduin:

According to Paarthurnax, Alduin's younger sibling and chief lieutenant for much of the ancient Dragon War, Alduin was once considered the greatest of Akatosh's creations. According to the writings of Archmage Shalidor, dragons had existed since the advent of time, but were initially as wild as anything else. It was Alduin who created their civilization. One legend says that Alduin can "eat" away the age of his victims, and that his ghost once ate the entire Nord population down to age six after being summoned by Orkey. This legend is somewhat grounded in reality, as Alduin feeds on the souls of the dead in Sovngarde, a privilege he guards jealously.

Imperial scholars concluded that Alduin is not the chief of the Nordic pantheon (in fact, that pantheon has no chief; see Shor), but thought he was its wellspring, albeit a grim and frightening one. Many Nords insisted that the belief he is some sort of Nordic version of the God of Time is a false one perpetuated by foreigners who misunderstood, or underestimated, Nordic oral traditions.

Alduin grew proud and chose to forsake his proper role as World-Eater in favor of conquering Mundus for himself and his fellow dragons. It was Alduin's claims of godhood that convinced Paarthurnax to lead some other dragons in rebellion, and he turned to the ancient Nords for allies. Paarthurnax instructed several of them on how to use the thu'um, which they used to bring about Alduin's defeat by flinging him forward in time. Groups such as the Dragonguard and Greybeards made sure to preserve his legend so the people of the future would remain wary.
In 4E 201, Alduin reappeared near the Throat of the World, from where he had been banished thousands of years before, and decimated the town of Helgen. The resulting escape of Ulfric Stormcloakprolonged the civil war in Skyrim and secured for Alduin a steady flow of souls to be consumed in Sovngarde. As the World Eater set about resurrecting dragons loyal to him, the Last Dragonborn was revealed and sought to stop him.Though this Dovahkiin took the souls of many of Alduin's soldiers, their leader proved impervious to death in the Mundus. Eventually, the Dovahkiin gained accessto Sovngarde and finally vanquished the wyrm. However, it is suspected that Alduin will be allowed to return to Nirn at the true end of time so he may fulfil his proper role as World-Eater.

post-27623-0-60332200-1407037426.jpg

post-27623-0-93554100-1407037433.jpg

post-27623-0-12072300-1407037449.jpg

Edited by PonygamesFluttershy
  • Brohoof 1

Whats funny is that Dragonrend would do nothing to Deathwing because Alexstreaza did EXACTLY that on him, only worse. 

She cursed him to experience the death of every dragon of the red flight.... every single one in one go. That experience nearly cripplied him. So unlike a skyrim dragon, Deathwing CAN comprehend mortality.

Deathwing is certainly the more powerful of the two but deathwing's power (and subsequent madness) are slowly eating at him, as experienced by his final stages of life.

Alduin can reincarnate, even from death. So victory would untimately be his.

Unless ofc Alduin fights Nozdormu then he is boned. :P

Deathwing has a lot more strength, he actually managed to split the world apart at one point. However, since Alduin is immortal (you need to learn Dragonrend to kill him), i'd say Alduin.

Alduin, since he's overall a cool dude and honorable. Also, you need Dragonrend to kill him anywho.

Well, while I've never actually played WoW, it seems as thought Deathwing has more actual power. Honestly Aludin, while powerful, isn't insanely powerful. However, he is immortal, (well besides with Dragonrend) so in a battle with Deathwing, he would eventually technically win. 

As for which I like more? Alduin, but mostly because I've been hooked on Skyrim lately, and I've even started trying to get into the other Elder Scrolls games and stuff. On the other hand I've never played WoW, and never had much inclination to do so personally, just not my type of game I guess. So yeah.

Plus Deathwing looks a bit too glowy, I like the glow to an extent, but it looks a bit overboard in a way to me. Alduin, while a bit more plain looking maybe, still looks pretty awesome.

here is my personal opinion I think Deathwing would annihilate Alduin first Deathwing is four times his size Alduin may have that annoying meteor spell or shout or what ever it was but Deathwing before the raid came out to kill him he would fly to Alliance, Horde and neutral cities and exhaled magma everywhere causing anyp player or AI to instantly die who stepped in it and Alduin may be able to call more dragons to help him Deathwing is allied with Firelord Ragnaros and is the father of Onyxia who are both really hard bosses in World of Warcraft so I think Deathwing would win but its about your opinions not mine

Deathwing is a living supervolcano who incinerates entire regions of Azeroth in single breaths. Just him coming out of deepholme created so much force tsunamis destroyed several islands and the coastlines of continents the world over. No question. Going with Deathy. Can't beat something that IS destruction. Not too mention by the end of that expansion he was physically larger than most mountains.

Edited by Jammo
  • Brohoof 1