Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What time era would you have liked to live in?

Gone Airbourne

For me I would have loved to live either in the 60s, 70s or early 90s.

Alot of awesome stuff during those time periods mostly music related for me though. What I would give to see some bands in their Hay Day like the Rolling Stones, CCR, The Who, The Doors, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden and so on.

What era of time would you have wanted to be apart of?

Edited by Gone Airbourne
  • Brohoof 2

Now is pretty great.  I do often wish I'd been born either 10 years or so earlier or 10 years or so later, though;

If earlier, I could have more fully experienced the glorious 80s and early 90s, for sure my favorite chunk of time that I wish I'd have been alive and more fully-matured during more of.  By the time I realized how much I loved it, it was already gone.

If later, A) I could have had more cool technology from a younger age and might not have gotten quite AS addicted to the internet as I have if it had just been a 'plain thing that was around en masse by the time I was old enough to read', rather than this AMAZING FREAKING THING THAT I SAW COME AND GROW BEFORE MY EYES AND WANTED TO BE A PART OF.  Also, B) ponies would have come out just as I was entering highschool, and as sad as this is I'd have really loved to have been more 'in it' from the very beginning and made friends irl through it and such, bullying and all that be damned.  I am honestly sad that due to where I've been in my life since it's come out I've hardly gotten to share it at all irl or do anything really fun with it during the early days, though hopefully I can make up for that going forward.

Of course I also think of the obvious "it'd have been cool to be born WAY IN THE FUTURE when everything's better and cooler" or whatever but if youw ere born into that, it wouldn't seem all that great or cool to you.  Being born at a time like today when all this awesome stuff is happening and technologies invented before our very eyes is a lot more magical.

And from time to time I do think about the simple satisfaction of being born in old-timey Europe and just experiencing the joys of life in a much more down-to-earth way.  Though I'd have probably been some fancy-pants in a powdered wig playing piano and reading books all day, but I'd have still really loved that.

Edited by hip-indeed

Now is pretty great. I do often wish I'd been born either 10 years or so earlier or 10 years or so later, though;

If earlier, I could have more fully experienced the glorious 80s and early 90s, for sure my favorite chunk of time that I wish I'd have been alive and more fully-matured during more of. By the time I realized how much I loved it, it was already gone.

If later, A) I could have had more cool technology from a younger age and might not have gotten quite AS addicted to the internet as I have if it had just been a 'plain thing that was around en masse by the time I was old enough to read', rather than this AMAZING FREAKING THING THAT I SAW COME AND GROW BEFORE MY EYES AND WANTED TO BE A PART OF. Also, B) ponies would have come out just as I was entering highschool, and as sad as this is I'd have really loved to have been more 'in it' from the very beginning and made friends irl through it and such, bullying and all that be damned. I am honestly sad that due to where I've been in my life since it's come out I've hardly gotten to share it at all irl or do anything really fun with it during the early days, though hopefully I can make up for that going forward.

I like the past more technology is the drain on society.

Of course I also think of the obvious "it'd have been cool to be born WAY IN THE FUTURE when everything's better and cooler" or whatever but if youw ere born into that, it wouldn't seem all that great or cool to you. Being born at a time like today when all this awesome stuff is happening and technologies invented before our very eyes is a lot more magical.

And from time to time I do think about the simple satisfaction of being born in old-timey Europe and just experiencing the joys of life in a much more down-to-earth way. Though I'd have probably been some fancy-pants in a powdered wig playing piano and reading books all day, but I'd have still really loved that.

I like the past more technology is a drain on society.

Well, I want to live in the future. A time when mankind will discover other planets with resources and peaceful alien life. A time when we will conquer outer planets and spread Love and Tolerance to other alien species using our mighty fleet.

Seriously though, if I had to choose, I would go back to the Renaissance era. On the other hand, the lack of technology back then would probably drive me crazy. 

• Brohoof 1

Very likely the Renaissance or the ancient Greek or Chinese times. They're the periods that, at least I consider, contributed the most to science and philosophy. I would've loved to learn under someone like Socrates!

Like dust in the wind, dude...

I'll stick with this era. I mean, I certainly have musical tastes that align mostly with my parents' generation, or even further back. However, I wouldn't even want to go back to the 60s/70s. For however great I may have thought the music may have been and how much I'd like to see some bands live, that time was far from perfect. I mean Jim Crow laws still existed into the 60s. I can't stomach that.

At the end of the day, I have all of that great music in front of me now. Even more then I would have back then, actually. Since the internet has made it possible to discover obscure artists from the time who I would have never heard of if I lived back then. Plus I have the more recent music that I like, and the classical composers that may have not even been discovered back then.

I could go on and on and on and on about this actually... I used to think it would be 'cool' to live in the past. That was until I realized that every problem I have now would be magnified. I'm happy to have been born into this time and not some earlier time!

• Brohoof 1

If anything, I would like to live in the future. I want to live in a time where certain social problems have been solved, and I want to have bad-ass technologie. As I see what kind of gadgets people are working on today (Like, exoskeletons, bionic bodyparts and 3D printing), I... honestly find it hard to wait for it xD How I would love to test a prototype exoskeleton right now...

• Brohoof 1

I would have loved to have lived back in the Saxon and Viking occupation of England in 800 AD. Life would have been simpler back then, no technology, no pollution... Wait, no technology? Let me rethink that... :lol:

But in all seriousness, this is my favourite era of History, screw the Romans and the Egyptians, the Vikings is where it's at :P

all the good music (for me) is in this era man, i aint going anywhere.

ok maybe i get to go to the 22nd century.

Edited by twistedmetalero