Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A solo for Rainbow Dash in Season 5

CP3_P0n3

After her song in Rainbow Rocks, I don't have very high expectations for her Season 5 song. I could be surprised though, she has a rather nice voice for singing.

I had the opposite reaction. sorta. On top of the fact that horse RD is a very different person than human RD by now, I'm also doubtful that they'd have two songs from the same character having a similar tone. I'd like to think the writing staff has more respect for RD's character than that too.

tumblr_nfrva6vmjM1tab03wo1_1280.png

Old tweet about the song ^. I'm optimistically interpreting Break the Sky as a title, or at least a theme. That'd make it sound like a song about chasing dreams and breaking free. Soarin', flyin, there's not a star in heaven that she can't reach.

• Brohoof 3

Production-wise, the only diference between Horse RD and Human RD is the model animated on-screen. The franchise treats them as one-and-the-same character, they even do so with Flash Sentra, seeing how Twilight is attracted to both his human and horse versions.

The point is, since the same people are writing and performing a song for effectively the same character, I don't expect it to be much better than the previous song.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow's may in fact be my favorite singing voice in FIM.  I will regularly listen to her parts in WWU and a True True Friend over and over again.  I'l just sit there with my finger on the seek bar and click it back to her part repeatedly and often skip the rest.  :S  She is long overdue for a solo.  Alls I can say is it damn well better be good.  It has the potential to be the best song in the series, but it could easily go the other way, too.  I'm afriad they'll be tempted to make it some throw away rap thing or something.  Not that rap is always bad, mind you, but I want something grand.

• Brohoof 4