Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

DJ Pon-3

Sushi

This is going to sound stupid, but how do you pronounce her name?

Pony or Pon three

I've heard people say both ways, so which is the correct?

Edited by Sushi
  • Brohoof 1

I've been saying it "DJ Pon-three" but maybe I've been wrong all this time.

Edit: According to this, it's Pon-three, so if Miss Nowack says it is, I'm going with that. :nom:

Edited by Lunatic Envy
  • Brohoof 1

It is a play on of Deadmau5. You don't call him deadmau 5 or deadmause 5. It is dead mouse. 

With that said, I just call her DJ Pon3 (DJ Pony), since the 3 is supposed to be an e.

• Brohoof 1

DJ Pon3 is a stage name, her profession (her special talent,) as she's obviously a DJ. Her name is Vinyl Scratch. It was a tie while voting for her name, and that's what they apparently went with.

Edited by Bada3oom Box
  • Brohoof 2

Well, I think the "Equestria Girls" music video from a few years back promounced it as "Pon-three" but I could be wrong.

I tend to say 'pon-three' myself, but I use 'pony' sometimes.

'Pon-three', since that's how it was pronounced in the Equestria Girls parody promo and it's how Nowacking pronounces it when she plays Vinyl in videos

I've always preferred just pronouncing it "DJ Pony"; Like, pon-ee with the way it's spelled out.  The fandom had that in mind when the name was thought up back when Suited for Success was still a new episode, I'm pretty sure.

But the official pronounciation, at least according to one commercial, is pone-three.  Which makes kinda no sense but it's probably just Hasbro 'not getting it' lol.  Either's fine to me, but to be honest?

I usually just call her Vinyl Scratch.