Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season Five Villains

Shanktastic

So, with season coming in 2015, I have been thinking that there should be more developed villains. Especially with Twilight's Kingdom, if Equestria always had villains then Twilight's kingdom will be attacked more often but I say there should be sub villains and then one main villain we don't know about until like two episodes from the season finale. I think this would be an excellent idea, it could either be a huge plot twist like discord. Another idea is Sombra and Chrysalis join toegther and maybe sombra will get some more lines because i think he needs to redeem himself. When I watchedpost-28726-0-88324200-1407125760_thumb.jpgpost-28726-0-15765500-1407125765_thumb.pngpost-28726-0-64021000-1407125771_thumb.jpg the crystal empire i expected more from Sombra, instead we were let down.

I personally thought Sombra played his role as a Sauron-type villain who was more of a force than an in-depth character pretty well.

Aside from that, it would be nice to see Chrysalis return, at least in my opinion. If there was a plot about a bigger villain pulling the strings, you could probably work her and her Changelings into it as the ones being manipulated.

I'm fairly certain nearly every one of us is anticipating the return of Chysalis, what after that epic two parter called "Canterlot Wedding" it makes sense for her return. I don't really mind how she returns, but I'd love to see more changeling trouble in Equestria!

Sombra had best pick up his game as a villain, because he never really seemed to actually do that much anywho.. 

He got beaten by spike guys, SPIKE!!

• Brohoof 2

I personally thought Sombra played his role as a Sauron-type villain who was more of a force than an in-depth character pretty well.

You hit the nail on the head. Sombra wasn't meant to be a deep character; just a dark, evil presence that proved to be an obstacle for the main characters. Honestly, he's easily my favorite of the FiM villains for a variety of reason.

As for season five, I'd like to see the Sauron-esque villain revisited at some point. I'd love to see Sombra again, but if not then I would like to see Grogar from G1 given a similar makeover ala Tirek.

I would also like to see a villain involved in some sort of political intrigue to remove the royal sisters from power. THAT'D be fun!

In the end I just want a smart villain; something like Grand Admiral Thrawn. Tirek & Sombra have been the closest thus far.

• Brohoof 1

In the end I just want a smart villain; something like Grand Admiral Thrawn. Tirek & Sombra have been the closest thus far.

Thrawn works by strategy, right? It would be tough to come up with a villain who tries to outsmart the Mane Cast, who in doing so doesn't accidentally outsmart child audiences and make them lose track of what's actually happening.

I'm one of the few people who enjoyed Sombra for what he was, which was a dark, impending force rather than a fully-formed character. That's what he was written as, and that's how he was used.

The newly hinted-at formula for Season 5 (the Mane Six traveling to different areas in need of some good ol' fashion harmony) could really allow for some more significant minor villains sprinkled throughout the season. Heck, we could finally be seeing more two-parters used throughout the season instead of being reserved for the opener and finale.

It really hurts me on a fundamental level that they haven't brought Chrysalis back yet. She's so freaking awesome and to not take advantage of her awesomeness more often feels like a mistake.

As for season five, I'd like to see the Sauron-esque villain revisited at some point. I'd love to see Sombra again, but if not then I would like to see Grogar from G1 given a similar makeover ala Tirek.

How could Sombra come back in the season 5? He's dead.

And one Sauron-esque villain is enough IMO.

How could Sombra come back in the season 5? He's dead.

And one Sauron-esque villain is enough IMO.

The writers can basically do anything they want. Whether or not someone said he is dead is irrelevant, IMO. The possibility always exist if the writers have enough interest in the concept.

I believe this season will have a bigger scale than the previous ones. I get the almost the feel of Justice League (the TV serial).

They got a proper base of operation and it looks like they are going to be travelling a lot, so villains both big and small will most likely appear quite often.

It's just feels wrong for using such an epic setup used only for another small personal adventures.While those episodes were good, I see them having an actual, ongoing mission.

I believe this season will have a bigger scale than the previous ones. I get the almost the feel of Justice League (the TV serial).

They got a proper base of operation and it looks like they are going to be travelling a lot, so villains both big and small will most likely appear quite often.

It's just feels wrong for using such an epic setup used only for another small personal adventures.While those episodes were good, I see them having an actual, ongoing mission.

All of my agreement with you on this. They have basically set up for a "travel around Equestria" plot at the end of season four. My thoughts is there will be one big villian shadow controlling a bunch of little problems leading up to a finale. Edited by Buck Testa

Heck, that big table and those chairs remind me a lot of the Hall of Justice/the Watchtower!

Narrator: "Meanwhile, at the Hall of Friendship!"

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind seeing more of the less humanoid villains from G1 return. Also, I think one or two more villainesses would be nice. Not only have the Mane Six tangled with more male villains, but I think the female villains have gotten the short end of the stick, aside from Nightmare Moon, and maybe Queen Chrysalis. Gilda's just a one off bully. Trixie is a minor show off who pops up occasionally, but I consider her more of a rival/anti-hero type character. Sunset Shimmer is more of a villain, but she's too similar to Trixie IMHO, but without the trademark one-liners and over the top personality that Trixie is known for. Actually, Sunset Shimmer is over the top, but more in a parody of a clichéd high school antagonist sort of way. I'm still holding out for the Discord of female antagonists, TBH. That appears to be what Trixie is to some, but she isn't quite that for me.