Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Apply to be a moderator!

SCS

In the past, the general stance taken by the staff was that individuals shouldn't express interest in joining the MLP Forums moderation team. We came to you, not the other way around. Expressing interest might have even decreased one's chances. 

This is no longer the case. If you are interested in moderation, you are encouraged to make that known to the staff by submitting an application! To bolster our efforts, we want to bring on a few awesome volunteers.

Some individuals may still be invited, but we now have a moderation application form available for use as well. We encourage you to apply as we're currently in need of additional moderators.

Please keep in mind that moderation is not higher or lower than any other position on MLP Forums or elsewhere in Poniverse. There is no need to try to "work your way up" to moderation. It is perfectly acceptable for someone to go from member to moderator if they are qualified for the position.

All moderation applications are reviewed by the forum staff, and all applicants will be notified at some point regarding whether or not their application was accepted.

If you are interested in applying to be an MLP Forums moderator, here is the direct link to the moderator application.

• Brohoof 67

Keep in mind, we will only be hiring Rainbow Dash fans. If you are not an RD fan, then kindly leave. :P

Seriously though, we look forward to seeing the applications you guys send in. Try to take your time and think out your responses. Treat this with the same care as a paid position you would apply for.

If you don't think you can sit down for a decent amount of time to handle this, then hold off until you have that time. It looks better when people put effort into the application.

Good luck guys :)

• Brohoof 35

Keep in mind, we will only be hiring Rainbow Dash fans. If you are not an RD fan, then kindly leave. :P

Seriously though, we look forward to seeing the applications you guys send in. Try to take your time and think out what you'd like to put into them. Treat this as you would a paid position you would apply for.

Not sure that's the best choice of metaphor (simile?) there. More like applying for an internship.

• Brohoof 1

More like applying for an internship

True, that could work too. My goal was for people to put similar effort into the application, not for them to view it in the same light as you would a paid position.

I'm a little interested but how would I feel this application up? What would Isay in it?

All you need to do is answer the questions in the application. As simple as answering an exam. (well, maybe not "simple" )

Edited by Dawn Rider
  • Brohoof 4

I'm a little interested but how would I feel this application up? What would Isay in it?

Answer all of the questions in the application to the best of your ability. Just say whatever you say with honesty.

• Brohoof 7

Keep in mind, we will only be hiring Applejack fans. If you are not an AJ fan, then kindly leave. :P

Fixed it for you. :derp:

Are only the sane allowed to apply? :wacko:

• Brohoof 12

Are only the sane allowed to apply?

Nope, all people are free to apply.
  • Brohoof 7

Feld0 has been kidnapped by ninjas!! I'LL SAVE HIM!

Nah I kid. I don't think I have the skillz to moderate lol. Maybe I do maybe I don't. Maybe I'm just too shy to send an app :o

True, that could work too. My goal was for people to put similar effort into the application, not for them to view it in the same light as you would a paid position.

All you need to do is answer the questions in the application. As simple as answering an exam. (well, maybe not "simple" )

Ew exams. Count me out! Joke XD

• Brohoof 2

Are you taking a set number now or are you keeping these applications on backlog?

All applications are kept on file. So if we achieve the number of desired mods now, you will still be considered for the future.
  • Brohoof 8

Wow, um... :blink:

I remember that, ever since I joined this site, every now and then, some people asked how to become a moderator/admin/staff member and it always seemed like the "don't call us, we call you" policy was set in stone.

Might as well try this and apply myself; I mean, everyone can at least try and... No, no, States, what are you thinking? They'd never choose you and you're bad at handling any kind of responsibility... and your English is pretty mediocre... It's... Nah, it's... Where was I? :confused:

Oh, yes! I hope that this new policy will work and that some people who are able to handle this position will be found.

Good luck to all those who apply! I can't wait to see who ends up rescuing Feld0 from those pesky ninjas.  :smug:

• Brohoof 11

Eh never put the power in a maniac's hands!  :P

seriously though, am little interested

Hey now, don't go giving them ideas about who's hands not to place the power into. Those ninjas would be no match for the hairspray ray of doom!

• Brohoof 5