Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Apply to be a moderator!

SCS

Apologies if the question has been asked already but how long does it take for you to receive feedback? I applied over a month ago. :P I'd assume that means I wasn't accepted but according to your front page you notify them if they were or were not accepted.

Of course your amount of applications is probably crazy high so that's understandable. I was just wondering. ;)

The wait period is indefinite due to the high volume of applications we received and how long it takes to go through them with the level of thoroughness required. Everyone who applied will be contacted at some point, but it might take a few months depending on various factors.

I apologize for the lengthiness of the wait, but we have limited manpower and resources. Additionally, I'd rather take a long time to put together the best moderation team possible than to rush through it and end up making the wrong people moderators.

• Brohoof 7

The wait period is indefinite due to the high volume of applications we received and how long it takes to go through them with the level of thoroughness required. Everyone who applied will be contacted at some point, but it might take a few months depending on various factors.

I apologize for the lengthiness of the wait, but we have limited manpower and resources. Additionally, I'd rather take a long time to put together the best moderation team possible than to rush through it and end up making the wrong people moderators.

Hey, fair enough! Better late than never! ^_^ Take your time and thanks in advance! ^^ Edited by Felix
  • Brohoof 2

I have a personal question: Does anyone have the power to give a thread to another?

I ask because I have seen a RP thread that has a OP that, as far as I know, left the site, then the OOC thread (In charge of someone else for... complicated reasons...) has a owner who isn't responding. The way I see it, it is causing problems because if the original post isn't edited, it causes problems for new members of the RP. Like say, a pony dating thread. If not updated, it could cause hardcore role-players to fight over who is more worthy of dating, say, Fluttershy.

I ask because if I cannot do it, assuming I even get the role, I feel like it is an issue that needs to be handled. And because if it was to happen in every single thread I partake in, I don't wanna be that guy who goes to the mods saying, "So and so needs editing." every time something isn't updated.

• Brohoof 1

I have a personal question: Does anyone have the power to give a thread to another?

I ask because I have seen a RP thread that has a OP that, as far as I know, left the site, then the OOC thread (In charge of someone else for... complicated reasons...) has a owner who isn't responding. The way I see it, it is causing problems because if the original post isn't edited, it causes problems for new members of the RP. Like say, a pony dating thread. If not updated, it could cause hardcore role-players to fight over who is more worthy of dating, say, Fluttershy.

I ask because if I cannot do it, assuming I even get the role, I feel like it is an issue that needs to be handled. And because if it was to happen in every single thread I partake in, I don't wanna be that guy who goes to the mods saying, "So and so needs editing." every time something isn't updated.

None of our current moderation or administration tools can do this. If this is possible, it would likely need to be handled by Poniverse IT. 

There is a hook in the IPS marketplace for this feature, but I'd have to contact its developer to find out if it'd be compatible with the current version of our software.

• Brohoof 3

None of our current moderation or administration tools can do this. If this is possible, it would likely need to be handled by Poniverse IT. 

There is a hook in the IPS marketplace for this feature, but I'd have to contact its developer to find out if it'd be compatible with the current version of our software.

Sounds like a Thread Transfer (from User to User), IMO.  Its possible to have on a fully-custom forum, however, in IP Boards format, it don't think it would be possible, but it depends.  Yet, as you said, check with the developers to see if its compatible.   

• Brohoof 2

Sounds like a Thread Transfer (from User to User), IMO. 

Well, your opinion is correct. While I, for some reason, was unable to think of those words, that sounds exactly like what I was thinking.

• Brohoof 1

Well, your opinion is correct. While I, for some reason, was unable to think of those words, that sounds exactly like what I was thinking.

I see.  Thread Transfer is known as the "Thread Exchange" feature, from my exp. and is sometimes uncommon to use, since most staff just lock threads and have another user create the same thread, only he/she takes control.   

Moderators moderate conversations. Ban spammers, move topics to appropriate forums, and warn/take measures against those that break rules, right? Or was the person wrong?

Some of us also have sectional stuff to do as well. If there is an RP issue, while the other moderators will usually put forward their opinion, myself or one of the RP staff generally take care of it. Additionally we're called upon on occasion to mediate between two parties who have had misunderstandings. I'm also apart of the convention team. We all do a lot around here, and really most of the work we do is in the background. We also do "normal" forum things. Reply to threads, roleplay, answer polls, etc. There are times when it really sucks being a moderator, but at the same time it can be extremely rewarding.

• Brohoof 7

Just wondering...

Is there a proper age limit to be a moderator? I heard some rumors about that.

And if so, what is the age limit?

There's not a minimum age nor age limit ti become a moderator.

As long as you show all the trais that MLPForums is looking on a moderator,and you want to do it in case of rexeive the offer,age isn't a matter

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's safe to say that this topic has run its course. I will go ahead and end it on a few key notes:

• The moderator application is still open. You can click here to apply.

• Everyone is welcome to apply.

• All applications are reviewed thoroughly by forum staff.

• Everyone who applies will be contacted at some point informing them of whether or not their application was accepted. This may take several months due to the high volume of applications we received and the length of time it takes to go through them with the amount of rigor necessary.

• Being a moderator is difficult, and it's definitely not for everyone. Please don't take it personally if your application is declined. It doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with you at all. What we look for in applicants is specific and rigorous.

Also, please see this announcement for an update regarding moderator applications and other staff deliberations.

If you have any questions about this or any other staff/forum issue, feel free to send me a private message. :)

• Brohoof 11