Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wonderful memories thread!

Guesty_

Post your heartwarming memories! May it be something from recent times or something during your childhood. Post something which really warms your heart when you think about it.

Here is mine:

I awoke Monday morning with a distant memory which was long lost in my visions.

I remember, I was very young, but old enough to go to the corner shop on my own. I was in the back garden with my grandfather Les. He was craving some ciggarettes, but alas he had none. He gave me some money, and asked me to go to the Day&Night corner shop around the block.

I made haste to the shop. When I arrived I walked up to the woman behind the counter and said "Could I have a packet of cigarettes, please?". The woman refused, she was right to do so, it was her job. "Oh, no, they're for my granddad". "I'm sorry, I can't sell them to you, you're too young" she replied.

I was crushed. The thought of letting my grandfather down saddened me. He trusted me to pick some cigarettes up for him, and I would not fail him.

Having failed to get them from behind the counter, I had an amazing idea.

I went to the sweet section of the shop, picked up a small box of Candy Sticks. I took the candy sticks to the counter, where the woman who refused to sell me cigarettes earlier was serving. "I'll have to get these for him instead, then". I was very young at the time, so I can't remember the woman's reaction to my obscure adorableness.

She scanned in the candy sticks and handed them to me. I put them in my pocket, safe and sound, no phone or MP3 player to hinder the space. I collected my change and set off home.

When I returned home, my grandfather and mum were sat out in the back garden. I ran through the house and out to join them. Where I pulled the candy sticks out of my pocket and handed them to him along with his change.

The looks of joy on their faces was amazing. I had no idea I was being so adorable.

That is one of the, if not THE last memory I have of my granddad Les. And I cherish it to this very day.

I miss Les, we all miss Les. But he will be in our hearts forever.

• Brohoof 4

Post your heartwarming memories! May it be something from recent times or something during your childhood. Post something which really warms your heart when you think about it. Here is mine:

Oh my god, I think my heart just broke.

• 2 weeks later...

Well how can anypony follow up that heartwarming story!

I was never really adorable as a kid. I was either whining and annoying or I was absolutely silent.

As for wonderful memories it's hard for me to come up with one at the moment. Most of my best memories end up having a horrible twist to the later in life! :(

I'll get back to you on this one!

Post your heartwarming memories! May it be something from recent times or something during your childhood. Post something which really warms your heart when you think about it.

Here is mine:

No, really. That was heartwarming.

Discovering this site. C;

I'll have to remember something that's so cute you'll all get type 2 diabetes. The only memory that stands out in my mind from when I was young was when I was about to drown.

Oh, I'm sorry. Did I kill the mood here?

And yes. You did :(

• 3 months later...

I move around alot. I moved from Kansas to florida, back to kansas, then moved inbetween kansas and Texas for one summer due to some...family issues. Then moved to my current location. I miss Kansas alot, but more than that, I miss my best friend Chapel. I am already tearing up, and I havent even told the story yet, heh heh. I knew I was moving, we both did, so we were trying to spend as much time as we could together. Finally the week came that I would be forced to leave her behind. We decided to hang out one last time. We went to a movie, pirates of the Carribean 4, and loved everyminute of it. Afterwords, we drove around, and talked like nothing was wrong, and that everthing was the same, and pretended that this wouldnt be the last time that we would see each other for who knows how long. Finally, we drove back to my house, and parked on the curb outside my house. We looked into each others eyes, and then slowly, we both got out of the car. We walked up to each other, and without a word, we just hugged each other. I dont know how long the hug lasted, but, all to quickly, we parted. I hadn't let myself cry yet, but just as I turned to head back inside, she yelled out for me to wait. She ran up, and gave a quick kiss on the cheek, then ran back to her car, crying the whole way, and drove off. I waved goodbye to her, tears already staining my cheeks as I smilled and bade her farewell. I was bawling the rest of the night, I'm Man enough to admit it. The next day I was gone.

I know by this point you are thinking, this is supposed to be a HAPPY memory we are sharing. And, well, even though it was sad to say goodbye, this is one of my favorite memories of my friend Chapel. We were able to spend a day together, being happy and just enjoying each others closeness, then left on good terms with each other. I know, that if I ever go back to Kansas, that Chapel will be ther first person in line, waiting to see me, and she will be the first I want to see. This is the one thought that makes me happy whenever I feel sad or lonely, knowing that I have an amazing friend waiting for me back home in Kansas, and you know what they say, There is no place like home.

• 2 months later...
(edited)

My birthday gift yesterday, which was completely accidental and utterly priceless. Just told Viscra about it, and felt like I needed to share it. (Yes, I know the thread is old, but I think it deserves to be brought back.)

See, I was so absorbed by my book in the subway that morning, that I totally missed my station and had to get off at the next (which is the last one btw).

But instead of walking to the opposite platform just to retake the train in the other direction, I decided to get out and walk all the way back. It almost took me half an hour, even longer if you count the time spent checking maps, but I knew where I was going.

Towards the end of my journey, I came across a man talking to someone else, and holding a big black dog on a leash. I wiggled my fingers to see if the dog reacted, and it did, wagging its tail and coming closer.

I took a couple minutes there scratching that dog, getting my wrist munched on (playfully of course :3 ), before I bid the man farewell and carrying on.

I arrived nearly 20 minutes late in Ecology class.

Walked into the room like a boss and settled as if nothing happened.

Edited by Feather Spiral

What a wonderful story Guesty___ I have memories like that with ny greatgrandparents. The memory I am going to share is more recent though. Me and my boyfriend moved into together last July, we were both working a lot and had very little time to unpack or cook a meal in our new apartment, we had been living off of Chinese take out the first few days. I was estatic the fourth day we had been living there that I wad going to get off early enough to cook our first homecooked meal in our apartment. I picked up the groceries I needed and went home to cook, and get cleaned up. I was so excited, I wanted it to be just like in the movies, a nice romantic dinner, flowers, wine, just the two of us. Well dinner didn't turn out like I planned, I overcooked the chicken, I forgot to buy wine and wine glasses. So I had to go out and get some, which lead to the bf arriving home before me. I was disapointed that it hadn't gone off as smoothly has I had hoped for. So I set the dinnerware and served the meal I had cooked and poured us some wine. Just ad I had turned around to put the wine up I heard my boyfriend sniffling. I asked him if my cooking was that bad he replied no, that what I had done was the most kind, romantic and loving thing anyone had ever done for him, that he was so happy to have a home together and that me cooking dinner like that for him just cemented it for him. He pulled me over and gave me a big kiss. That by far is my one of my happiest memories, I never thought I would find my special somepony and the fact that I did and I was able to do something so special for him makes me grin ear to ear.

I'll have to remember something that's so cute you'll all get type 2 diabetes. The only memory that stands out in my mind from when I was young was when I was about to drown.

That happened to me too... Not a good memory :(

Probably a weird good memory to have but:

It was the first time I've ever been in a storm (I was like 9) and I was terribly curious. So naturally when I heard the Thunder boom and saw the Lighting light up the sky I couldn't stay inside. It felt like the sky was singing to me, I must have been out there for only ten minutes but it felt like hours. Naturally when I came back inside the house I got into serious trouble but still one memory that never fails to bring a smile to my face.

I fell out a a canoe once and quite literally almost drowned! I had to be pulled out of the water and everything!

Excuse me?

a joke on how something that's so cute/sickly sweet that it gives you diabetes, or rather, diabeetus, when you're exposed to it. in this case, me remembering something so cute it would positively make people go "awwwww" when they see it.

but maybe i should have left out the "type 2 diabetes" part in that post, for people that actually might have that here on the forums.

I think the "diabetes" joke is widespread enough that you don't need to explain it.

Then again, the one asking for an explanation IS named Derpy. (Though he might've meant something else, like what sort of memory you had in mind.)

figured as much, otherwise why would you have quoted me, for?

at any rate, i apologize if i offended you.

It's fine. Just didn't really understand the reference.