Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pegasi are physically stronger than Earth Ponies

ManaMinori

You have to keep in mind that Rainbow Dash is considerably stronger than your average pegasi due to years of training and natural talent, and as has been pointed out she is slightly stronger than Applejack in terms of upper body strength but Applejack seems to have the upper hoof on lower body strength. 

Earth pony strength doesn't seem to be shown consistently in the show. I don't blame them, it would get kinda boring if only the Apple Family/Bon Bon/Cheerilee/the train stallions/whoever were always shown lifting and pulling more weight than the pegasi and unicorns. 

There's really nothing that indicates that pegasi are physically stronger or weaker than earth ponies, and both AJ and RD are very physically active ponies regardless of their race so they shouldn't be used to determine anything

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 1

Also,

Dash has beaten a strong Earth Pony like AJ in a game of hoof wrestling

Thought it would be interesting to bring this up, but I read in an analysis somewhere that hoof wrestling/arm wrestling is more about technique than raw strength. Who knows, maybe Dash just had a better strategy. I'm not saying that you're wrong, but I wanted to bring up an alternative perspective. :)