Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sleepy Talk: Temperature

GammaDove

Sleep stuff  

69 users have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer to sleep in a cold room or a warm room?

• The Colder the better!
    • I don't care.
    • I prefer an average room
    • Hotter, obvi.

Personally I prefer to sleep in an extremely cold room, I put a box fan in my window during the winter and crank it on high so I can sleep perfectly, sometimes waking up with frost in my room.

since i despise hot weather, and am so used to cold weather that i can easily wear shorts and a t shirt outside when its 10 degrees i prefer my room to be cold as heck...makes it more relaxing rather than having to wake up covered in sweat in the summer...

• Brohoof 1

Well, I wouldn't say I like the heat for sleeping, but I don't like super cold weather necessarily either.

I do tend to prefer cold to heat, and thus my room is usually a bit cooler(Atleast I think so) but I wouldn't say cold. If it's to cold I get chilly. But I need it to be decently cool, or i'll get hot, and when I get hot I tend to feel kind of sick. Especially if I sleep through the night hot.

• Brohoof 2

since i despise hot weather, and am so used to cold weather that i can easily wear shorts and a t shirt outside when its 10 degrees i prefer my room to be cold as heck...makes it more relaxing rather than having to wake up covered in sweat in the summer...

The best part of sleeping in the cold is that it helps boost metabolism despite it risking your health for a little. sleeping in the cold actually boosts the amount of brown fat, the good fat, in your body because it needs to exert more heat to maintain homeostasis.

The best part of sleeping in the cold is that it helps boost metabolism despite it risking your health for a little. sleeping in the cold actually boosts the amount of brown fat, the good fat, in your body because it needs to exert more heat to maintain homeostasis.

my body is always trying to maintain homeostasis due to me wearing no warm clothing in winter :P (shorts and t shirt is all i wear year round) 

Dang, 10 degrees in shorts and a tshirt, how do you even do that xD?

I am tolerant of the cold typically more so than the heat i think, but definitely couldn't deal with that ;p.

Ironically enough though, I live in one of the hotter parts of the United States. But I still tend to prefer the cold. 

And one more thing, since I feel like I've seen this sleepy talk thing before, is this like some kind of topic series o-o? Or am I just imagining seeing the other "sleep talk" topic ;p.?

my body is always trying to maintain homeostasis due to me wearing no warm clothing in winter :P (shorts and t shirt is all i wear year round) 

you have some peak metabolism then, I as well have a great metabolism, it is how I hustle people in eating contests.

Dang, 10 degrees in shorts and a tshirt, how do you even do that xD?

I am tolerant of the cold typically more so than the heat i think, but definitely couldn't deal with that ;p.

Ironically enough though, I live in one of the hotter parts of the United States. But I still tend to prefer the cold. 

And one more thing, since I feel like I've seen this sleepy talk thing before, is this like some kind of topic series o-o? Or am I just imagining seeing the other "sleep talk" topic ;p.?

i used to live in Montana, way up by the canadian border for 8 years...coldest it ever gets there in winter is like -60 degrees, so when its 20 degrees out its like spring weather to me :P 

you have some peak metabolism then, I as well have a great metabolism, it is how I hustle people in eating contests.

pshaw i wish my metabolism was good...

• Brohoof 1

i used to live in Montana, way up by the canadian border for 8 years...coldest it ever gets there in winter is like -60 degrees, so when its 20 degrees out its like spring weather to me :P

I had special training, I've lived in Iowa my whole life, and the harsh winters were a great opportunity to train my immune system and metabolism, I now rarely get sick and can eat anything I want without any consequences, the downside is that if I get depressed, I don't eat and my weight begins to plummet, So that's why I must stay positive, It's a big gamble, but in the end, I shall rise the victor, or swimming in sewers in January would be a waste.

Ohhh. That would explain that.

-60 Degrees is pretty much unheard of here xD. The coldest it's ever been is like high 20's ;p. 

Typically it's in the 70-90's depending on the time of the year. Heck in winter it's sometimes only like 50.

Still, I don't feel like I can do much about the heat, besides sweat and suffer, the cold I can atleast get extra clothes, plus I just feel I tolerate it better.

But not -60 degree's, I can't do that xD.

Also on the subject of metabolism, My metabolism is really fast, I'm like 5'9 and I weight like 110. And it's not because I don't eat a lot or anything, I just have a stupidly high metabolism.

That doesn't necessarily make me healthy though ;p.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest I like the room average. Mostly because if I think it's way too hot, which doesn't happen often, I can kick the blankets off and sleep peacfully. Of course I use a giant winter blanket in the summer to sleep so you can see what I probably think is cold and what's hot.

Neither warm nor cold nor hot, just 'cool'. Cold enough so that the blankets warm me up but not by too much as to be uncomfortably hot.

I fall asleep faster when Im in a colder room. I love snuggling underneath my warm blanket, its the best! 

I cant stand sleeping in hot rooms, i tend to fidget a lot when its hot and i dont really get enough sleep.

Therefore i prefer sleeping in cold rooms.

• Brohoof 1

Wha?? All of you guys are snowmen!!

I feel rather silly picking "hotter" now that I can see the results, but anywho.

It's just the cold really bothers me, it sort of locks up my joints and it may be less annoying when it's hot but personally I can't even stand the cold at all! I just feel cold and can't sleep.

I don't understand the fuss about sleeping in warm weather, because in the winter you keep warm anyway that's what blankets are for...  >_>

Though, I must admit. Humidity is another story altogether which shouldn't be mistaken for heat..  :eww:

Edited by The Crimson Cross
  • Brohoof 1

Kinda surprised how many people went with cold.  I do like the cold, but not when it comes to sleep. Even on the hottest summer nights I have thermal blankets. I haven't had any problems getting warm in bed, though it's sometimes freezing getting out of it.

• Brohoof 1

Humans naturally sleep better when a room is a few degrees colder than it normally is. That's exactly how I like to sleep - cooler, but not cold. I can't get out of fucking bed if it's cold :P

• Brohoof 1

Humans naturally sleep better when a room is a few degrees colder than it normally is. That's exactly how I like to sleep - cooler, but not cold. I can't get out of fucking bed if it's cold :P

"Get out of bed!"   :angry:

"Nope, sorry. Can't do that."  :comeatus:

"Why?"  :huh:

"Too cold. I'll die of hypothermia if I move."   :proud:

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...