Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What games are you currently looking forward to?

Omega Centauri

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Cities Skylines 2 is coming later this year and it looks like, for once, they actually were smart and saw what the community wanted in terms of QoL features in the game. I hope they improved on the performance though from the first game and some other little quirks.

Dreamsettler as well. Hypnospace Outlaw was cool and funny and this seems like even more fun :eager:

I'll put Hotwheels Unleashed 2 under the "maybe" section. The first one was not too much fun honestly and relied on P2W for cars. The devs also had a roadmap of lots of content but that was lackluster and from my knowledge they stopped suddenly. I haven't seen much from HWU2 so I hope they add more things to keep it engaging instead of driving and drifting.

Nothing else at the moment has caught my eye.

Pikmin 4 is the only one I know I’m looking forward to, but there are rumors a classic Mario release is getting a remake. I’ll find out about this later in a few ours :proud:

(edited)

Being the misfortunes, brick walls, overwhelmed challenges and hardships in my life, don't want to think of future games for the next several months:mlp_pout:  

Hopefully the next Star Wars game is in 2025 or 2026:Tempest:  

Edited by ZiggWheelsManning

Six days at Felluja, a tactical team shooter, gosh i love those kinds! 

Also im looking forward to star citizen and Squadron 42 :eager:

Haven't played for years. Haven't had time neither interest. For some time I followed the news and media but haven't bothered since. I have no clue of upcoming, new triple A big hitters and which old franchises will have sequels.

I remember getting excited after Elder Scrolls 6's teaser was first announced, but it seems the actual game will take some sweet time to actually arrive to the market :muffins:

On 2023-06-25 at 1:55 PM, Sophie H. said:

Six days at Felluja

That still haven't been released either? Guess I have something to look for in the near future then

(edited)

Super Mario RPG Remake. Probably not going to play it, just watch a playthrough. 

@Steve Piranha Super Mario Bros. Wonder looks like it'll be neat, I agree. 

More than anything else, though, I'm looking forward to more 3D platformers from small developers, something that fires on all cylinders.

Edited by Sasoriman

(edited)
9 hours ago, Divine plywood said:

That still haven't been released either? Guess I have something to look for in the near future then

They did release it! but early access and "only" 4 missions, but it's fun!

Edited by Sophie H.
  • Brohoof 1

Only games I'm really looking forward to atm is the MGS Master Collection.......which is a collection of games I've beaten multiple times :p

I mean, there are games that look really good like Mario RPG Remake, Sonic Super Stars, SMB Wonder, Prince of Persia and FFVII Rebirth, and I'll probably get them at some point, but for the most part all of my excitement is on the former, and I'll probably just go back to working on my backlog

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Detective Pikachu Returns, Mario RPG 2023 and Wonder, whatever the new Peach one will be, and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon 2024.

But currently, I'm getting ready to buy Tears Of The Kingdom in the near-future.

Edited by Castle Bleck

On 2014-08-05 at 5:30 PM, Omega Centauri said:

gaming season is upon us

:confused:  There's a gaming season?  I mean, I know there's a time when new games are announced.  E3 or whatever.  But, I mean, it's not like video games are a fruit that's only ripe during certain months!   :laugh: Every day is gaming day!

I love games.  I used to play a lot, but my gaming hobby stalled and kinda went into hibernation for many years.  I've had a rough time for a long time--lotta setbacks, lotta trying issues, lotta work.  I'm not gonna go into any detail, but for about the last decade, I've basically played no new games and have just been trying to keep my head above water, dealing with a lot of sh*t, especially mental health.  I'm finally at point where things are looking up, paths are clear, and I can start playing games again.  I've got a huge list of must-play games that I am really looking forward to.  That's an understatement, really.  The promise of playing all the games I want to is the only thing that's kept me going these years.  I've missed out on so much, and it's not like I'll ever be able to "catch up" or play everything I want to, but it will be fun to try anyway.

Games on my to-play list include, but are not limited to:

• The Witcher 3
  • Elden Ring
  • Stray
  • Assassin's Creed Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla
  • Far Cry 3, 5
  • The Horizon games
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • God of War 4, 5
  • Secret of Mana
  • Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
  • Ape Out
  • Carrion
  • Ara Fell
  • RDR1, 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Neir Automata
  • Dying Light
  • The Forest
  • Conan Exiles
  • Metro Exodus
  • Outlast 2
  • The Witness
  • The Outer Worlds
  • She Will Punish Them
  • Octopath Traveler 1, 2
  • Outcast 2
  • Cyberpunk 2077

My greatest fear at this point is just some societal collapse or catastrophic climate crisis that will end my ability to play games before I can make a dent in my list.

• 1 month later...

Deltarune's next update whenever that'll be. With some luck Toby Fox will just announce it's finished and release it out of the blue sometime in the next few years like he did with Chapter 2.
Aside from that, Starfield, maybe. But I'm expecting it to fall into the usual Bethesda cliches but without the lore that helps to carry their Elder Scrolls and Fallout games.
Spiderman 2 will probably be good but since I don't have a PlayStation I'll be waiting for it to make its way to PC, I am looking forward to that.

Spiderman 2 is the only game coming up I can say I can really get excited for unless you want to count Nintendo's next console as a game

• 2 weeks later...

I'm incredibly excited for Final Fantasy VII - Rebirth. The Remake is already one of my most favourite games of all time now, so Rebirth is keeping me on my toes! 

I'm also looking forward to AK-Xolotl. Because an axolotl with a gun is hilarious, the animation is adorable, and it just looks like pure fun!