Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I the only one that find this concept stupid?

Deathstroke

Yes. They aren't funny 'jokes', at all. They have a large context behind them that is still ever present in our culture.

Really, the amount of guys going around whining about how girls never date them, even though they're such a "nice" guy, and they would treat us right, but then they turn around and make sexist jokes like that is very telling.

Yeah, like "le get back in the kitchen! what, you dont want to have sex with me? hurrr stupid friendzoning SLUTS, 4channe warned me about you! why dont the nice guys ever win? :((((((("

• Brohoof 1

It is incredibly stupid, in my opinion, not to mention sexist. I am not a feminist or anything, but yeah.. totally sexist, but you will mostly find, that the majority of people who says shit like that are twelvies who think it is cool, or some alcoholic/junkie. And mostly in games like COD, BF and WoW

• Brohoof 1

To be honest I find it quite funny when people say stuff like the online, mainly call of duty. It's not funny because of what they are saying, its funny because they actually say it, and then I can say something back to them and stick up for the person who is being talked to like that.

• Brohoof 1

I get pissed off! Its so stupid. UGH! I remember one of  my boy classmates telling me to go back to the kitchen and make him a sandwich because I was playing MC on my laptop. I stood up and punched him in the throat. He ran away crying like a little baby. No one messes with me! :proud:

Edited by XxConfusedUnicornxX
  • Brohoof 8

(edited)

I get pissed off! Its so stupid. UGH! I remember one of  my boy classmates telling me to go back to the kitchen and make him a sandwich because I was playing MC on my laptop. I stood up and punched him in the throat. He ran away crying like a little baby. No one messes with me! :proud:

Yeah! kick his ass! teach him that no one messes with you!

Edited by Deathstroke
  • Brohoof 2

Concept? It's just blatant sexism and should not be tolerated anywhere. In fact if you see it, report it if possible, lots of games and places on the internet have that option

Edited by Jaref
  • Brohoof 5

Of course this concept is stupid! It's plain unreasonable!! nobody should be a slave to anyone!

Though I'm fairly certain that any gamers who are to say such things are likely doing it to mess around or troll.

Either way, I'd imagine it to be pretty offensive. I dislike it when anyone says such things to be honest. Especially some of the adults these days that should really know better than to treat their loved ones like that.

It's very tiring and so irritating. Joke or not, it's just another thing that make fellow males like me look like a freakin' jackass.

In more cases than not it's just preteen trolls who think they're being cool; which doesn't make it any better.

I know a few gamer girls and I'm friends with some. I would NEVER say that to them! Leave that crap in the past.

• Brohoof 1

Concept? It's just blatant sexism and should not be tolerated anywhere. In fact if you see it, report it if possible, lots of games and places on the internet have that option

This is all that needs to be said. It's simple sexism and needs to be called out as such.

• Brohoof 2

Lol I've never had anyone tell me that.

I guess I'm just lucky? But I mean yeah it's kind of offensive, but it's better to just laugh it off and toss a joke right back to knock the person off their high horse.

But still, gaming is for everybody. Not just guys, not just girls. Just as mlp is for everybody. Nobody has to be a certain gender to interested in it. The stereotype walls have to be broken down and until then there will be stupid jokes made.

That and well people are complete donkeys.

@@Deathstroke,

I've never been told that ever, and certaintly never to my face.

Whenever I hear those concepts being spoken, I tend to find they are the old fashion serious christians or chatholics back from the mid 1900s...who still believe that the 'women raise the kids and cook dinner' and 'the men bring home the bacon.'

What I find ignorant about that, (if it weren't obvious that it's just plain sexist at this point), is that we are living in a time where ONE person in a relationship simply can't always be responsible for making in the money anymore. Some women actually wish to have that privlidge to stay home and cook all day, but they can't afford to.

For instance I'm a hard working woman, and newly wed to my husband. But we both fend for ourselves when it comes to the home daily tasks. He doesn't expect me to be a sweet obident housewife. One of the things he loved about me was my gaming spirit, creativity and independence. And in a world with our economy, the wife and husband both need to work. So yes I do find that concept stupid, old fashion, and frankly...sexist and ignorant.

Edited by Lightning Bliss
  • Brohoof 1

Hold on, people say that?

I don't like it. Not one little bit. And by the way, it's not girl gamer, we don't say boy gamer and if I ever get called a girl gamer, I will remind you that I am just a gamer and that I don't call you boy gamer. Got it? Good.

Now as for the sentence, I don't like it. At all.

• Brohoof 1

Technically speaking, it'd be kind of like telling a gamer guy to move back to the garage and fix your car or something.

No it wouldn't.  Telling girls to 'go back to the kitchen' is an insult about when we had no rights, had to do whatever the men said, and when men could legally hit/harass/seriously harm us/other things.  It's saying we are less than human and should be ordered around by them.  

Telling a guy to go fix a car is just a joke someone made to try to counter that.  Obviously it doesn't work, since it will never have the same historical connotation associated with it.

• Brohoof 5

People still say that? I have no interest whatsoever about getting married and I play video games a lot and i'm female. It's just an insult.

Edited by Shift
  • Brohoof 1

If my husband/boyfriend told me to go the kitchen and my job is to clean the house not play video games i will not hesistate to break up with you whatsoever. I'd like my husband/boyfriend to play video games with me.

Then again people online probably tell this to women that are better than them in a video game *cough* Call of duty and battlefield players *cough*.

• Brohoof 5

No it wouldn't.  Telling girls to 'go back to the kitchen' is an insult about when we had no rights, had to do whatever the men said, and when men could legally hit/harass/seriously harm us/other things.  It's saying we are less than human and should be ordered around by them.  

Telling a guy to go fix a car is just a joke someone made to try to counter that.  Obviously it doesn't work, since it will never have the same historical connotation associated with it.

I didn't know that - Didn't really occur to me either. Huh. Still, if anything this goes to show how times have changed. I don't think any men say that to bring women into submission nowadays, more so than to coax an angry response. 

• Brohoof 1

I didn't know that - Didn't really occur to me either. Huh. Still, if anything this goes to show how times have changed. I don't think any men say that to bring women into submission nowadays, more so than to coax an angry response. 

It's not try to to make us submissive, it's telling us to 'know our place'.  As if we're less than them, and making fun of what we've had to go through.  It's just really mean and hateful.

• Brohoof 2

Any time a man tells a woman to "go to the kitchen" (or vise versa) is stupid, irrational, and wrong.

• Brohoof 1

If my husband/boyfriend told me to go the kitchen and my job is to clean the house not play video games i will not hesistate to break up with you whatsoever. I'd like my husband/boyfriend to play video games with me.

Then again people online probably tell this to women that are better than them in a video game *cough* Call of duty and battlefield players *cough*.

I never saw any hatered from the battlefield community 

Men who think women belong in the kitchen should remember that's where the knives are kept.

God, I hear so many of those, 'kitchen' jokes though.  Every time my reaction is the same: "Ha ha ha ha ha, f you."  >:/

people are still doing this when will it die out I now roles need to be played but sexism is not the solution , a lot of people are raised in these enviorments and the worst thing is some women believe in this junk its just ignorince raising ignorince. all so that joke sucks.  

As some have pointed out already, I think it's pretty stupid that girl gamers are even classified as such. We're all people who have a common interest and hobby. That's all that matters. Just enjoy doing what you're doing and try to be pleasant company. It's not difficult.

Fortunately though, I don't bear witness to this kind of behavior very often. Most guys I'm playing with talk to the girls like they would each other and the subject of gender is never a topic. Wish it was like this all the time, but I'm under the impression that it's not a pervasive issue, at least not as much as it may once have been.

• Brohoof 1