Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Help Me Change My PonySona's Name!

Quilled Inc

Greetings, everypony!

So, I have been known as "Silver Quill" for almost my entire experience as a Brony, and until recently, everything was fine!  However, the sudden semi-recent popularity of the analyst/Youtuber "MLP-Silver-Quill" has been causing me a lot of problems, with people confusing me with him and/or vice versa (it was the worst at BronyCon this year, with people asking for my autograph thinking that I was him).  Now don't get me wrong, I am not blaming MLP-Silver-Quill for anything, and I thoroughly enjoy both his YouTube videos and his DeviantArt stuff, so it is for both of our sakes that I seek to change my OC's name.

And that is where you come in.

Over the months I have grown quite attached to "Silver Quill" as my pony name; after all, I chose it specifically because I believed that it did a good job representing my personality and interests ("Silver" -> 'silvertongue', "Quill" -> writing utensil).  It will be tough departing from "Silver Quill," but I believe it to be necessary.

So, any ideas?  If at all possible, I would like to keep the "Quill" part of my name, because I have enjoyed using it as a fun-sounding name for my YouTube Vidoes (e.g. "Quill'd In: Why Pony Analysis?"), but hey, if somepony has a good, catchy suggestion, I will definitely think about it!

So, some names that I have thought up thus far in an effort to keep the personal significance of the name are:

• Gilded Quill  ("Gilded" - to give a bright, pleasing, or specious aspect to.)
  • Aureate Quill ("Aureate" - characterized by an ornate style of writing or speaking.)
  • Embroidered Quill ("Embroidered" - to adorn or embellish rhetorically, especially with ornate language or fictitious details)
  • Steady Quill

So let me know if you like any of those ideas, or even better, if you have an idea of your own!  I appreciate any and all help that I could get with this,it really does mean a lot to me! :D  And feel free to check out the attached image of my OC's cutie mark for further inspiration, if needed!

Thanks a tonne in advance!!

~Silver Quill

P.S. THANK GOD for the internet!

post-19595-0-84323700-1407348035_thumb.png

I feel it's usually a good idea to name your Ponysona after yourself, since it kinda is yourself as a pony, after all.  :huh:

True, but I would rather not use my real name on the internet.  Plus, I like the idea of keeping it pony-esque sounding.  ^_^

Mercury Quill? 

Mercury is also known as quicksilver, the only metal that stays liquid at room temperature :P

Hmm, that's an interesting one.  Kind of catchy, too.  I'll think about it, thanks!

I'd just like to point out that when I saw Silver Quill get popular, I thought he was you :proud: 

Anyway, I like the name "Aureate Quill" the best out of what you've said :D I think it fits your general demeanor quite well, assuming your ponysona has the same personality as you :please:

• Brohoof 1

I think you're the only one who can find The Perfect Name  :)

If I was you I would start all over again with a completely new name.

Sadly, that perfect name was Silver Quill.  I genuinely put a lot of thought into that one, which is why it is so hard for me to change it now! D:

I'd just like to point out that when I saw Silver Quill get popular, I thought he was you :proud: 

Anyway, I like the name "Aureate Quill" the best out of what you've said :D I think it fits your general demeanor quite well, assuming your ponysona has the same personality as you :please:

Ah, if only, if only!  But thanks for the compliment (I'm just going to go ahead and take that as a compliment ^_^ )

Hmm, I like Aureate Quill as well!  Some have told me where I have asked elsewhere that it is a touch too long or strange sounding, but I dunno, I'm seriously thinking about it!  Thanks for your input, Ghosty! :D

• Brohoof 1

You don't want something that doesn't have a ring to it. It doesn't sound super traditional or very MLP like. (What happened to names like Goldie-locks or Dew Drop?) Your choices sound more like a warriorcat name. (Like Dovewing, Bluestar, Fireheart, or Hawkfeather.) So for that, I don't quite like or choose any of the names you listed. Maybe if you told me more about your personality and such- I don't know you too well, TBH I can help you recommend pony names for your ponysona.

You don't want something that doesn't have a ring to it. It doesn't sound super traditional or very MLP like. (What happened to names like Goldie-locks or Dew Drop?) Your choices sound more like a warriorcat name. (Like Dovewing, Bluestar, Fireheart, or Hawkfeather.) So for that, I don't quite like or choose any of the names you listed. Maybe if you told me more about your personality and such- I don't know you too well, TBH I can help you recommend pony names for your ponysona.

I get what you are saying.  As you can see from my original post, I was doing my best to keep the meaning behind the name similar.  At the moment, most people I've asked elsewhere seem to like Gilded Quill, but I can see how that would be un-MLP-esque.  Basically, I am trying to make my name communicate my love of writing.  And, as I said in the original post, I would prefer to keep the "Quill" part, so that I can still use "Quill'd In" in the title of my analysis videos.

I guess, while I would prefer to be as MLP-esque as possible, I would much rather have my name define my character, to an extent.

• Brohoof 1

Well, a lot of the Ponies have names that incorporate an aspect of their appearance, like Rainbow Dash or Pinkie Pie, so maybe you could align the first part of the name with that.

For that reason, I suggest Fox Quill.  Because my strange brain sees your color scheme and immediately thinks of foxes (even though your pony is brown and not reddish).  And also because Foxes are clever and quick and in a lot of Aesop fables and other traditional stories like Chaucer's Chanticleer.  I dunno, though.  Whatever you jive with.  :P

• Brohoof 1

Well, a lot of the Ponies have names that incorporate an aspect of their appearance, like Rainbow Dash or Pinkie Pie, so maybe you could align the first part of the name with that.

For that reason, I suggest Fox Quill.  Because my strange brain sees your color scheme and immediately thinks of foxes (even though your pony is brown and not reddish).  And also because Foxes are clever and quick and in a lot of Aesop fables and other traditional stories like Chaucer's Chanticleer.  I dunno, though.  Whatever you jive with.   :P

Ooh, I like that.  For some reason, I really like that!  I'm going to keep that one on the side-burner as a definite possibility!  No final decisions yet, but man, that one sounds good!  Thank you so much for the suggestion!

• Brohoof 1

How about you keep the Silver part, but add sterling to it.

Sterling Silver Quill.

Fancy.

2fancy4me.

With a name such as that even the Canterlot Elite could not possibly turn me away! XD

Anypony else want to weigh in before I make a final decision?