Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Powerpuff Girls Reboot in 2016

Harmony Spark

For the last few months, I have become a PPG fan since I loved the show from my childhood and I'm pretty addicted to watching it unti MLP season 5 comes out next year. (Cough cough Him is best villain cough)

However there is one thing that intrigues me.

I have heard that Cartoon Network is planning a reboot to the PPG series in 2016. I'm pretty excited since season 5- onwards of the original series wasn't that good. The episodes I watched in later seasons were in my opinion not AS good as the episodes in season 1-4. Just my opinion :)

But I'm curious where this reboot is going to go. Is it going to be about the girls but have grown to teenagers (that'll be awesome so the reboot series can be more mature and by mature, I mean dramatic and slice of life) Will the villains of the original be changed? Do you think Craig McCracken or Lauren Faust is gonna return for this reboot? Will the animation be done in Flash or CGI? And most importantly, will the reboot series be just as good as the original? (I hope it does!)

What do you think?

UPDATE: PREPARE YOURSELVES, 2016 is COMING!

http://rack.0.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDE1LzA2LzA4L2E4L1BQR2lybHMuN2E2OTMuanBnCnAJdGh1bWIJOTUweDUzNCMKZQlqcGc/de444900/ab6/PPGirls.jpg

Edited by Harmony Spark
  • Brohoof 1

Well reboots tend to have a trend of not being as good as the original (unless you're fim where you're BETTER than the original). It might be good, it might be terrible but who knows? Maybe it will at least encourage CN to have more shows with female protagonists. 

• Brohoof 2

Unless they get some of the original writers back, I imagine it will be terrible. I'm a big PPG fan, always have been, and the show got good for being written and produced by those who have originally been working on it. I don't want it to be rebooted, personally; I always find it sad when a really great show is remade or rebooted and ends up spoiling the amazing original. It may cater more to today's kids and end up being child-like and dull.

• Brohoof 1

I heard about this. Don't know about how the reboot is going to be like but I hope C. Mccraken bring it back! The only shows on CN that I watch are Regular Show, Steven Universe and sometimes Gumball. So bringing this back would be awesome.

I mean I noticed that there are some shows getting reboots/remakes such as Sailor Moon( I think crystal is great) so a new PPG show sounds good too.

Edited by LazuriteDreams*
  • Brohoof 1

I mean I noticed that there are some shows getting reboots/remakes such as Sailor Moon( I think crystal is great) so a new PPG show sounds good too.

Not to get too far off topic but I am looking forward to the new Sailor Moon reboot. The old anime was f-ing amazing!

• Brohoof 2

Not to get too far off topic but I am looking forward to the new Sailor Moon reboot. The old anime was f-ing amazing!

Not trying to change the topic here but yeah. I recently saw episode 3 of the reboot. It was epic. :)

Edited by LazuriteDreams*

Do you think Craig McCracken or Lauren Faust is gonna return for this reboot?

Nope.  Craig has never expressed any desire to partake in a relaunch or anything of that nature.  The same goes for Lauren as far as I know.  As a Powerpuff Girls fan myself part of me hopes they'll change their mind and get involved somehow, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Craig did return for one episode though, an original series conclusion called Powerpuff Girls Rule which was released a few years after the series went on hiatus. 

• Brohoof 1

I used to enjoy the original series. However, If there is a reboot, they should do it in Flash.

Now, I know that some people have concerns about reboots but I'm not going to judge until I see some of it.

Let's stay positive and assume it is going to be good. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...