Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

In Season 5, This Should Happen

Faerie Usul

Alright. I know I sound really rude. I'm sorry, but this story is absolute crap. Diamond Tiara couldn't possibly take over the world and enslave all of pony kind, even with all of that power that you just conveniently threw in there. If Princess Celestia is still around, she could just send her to the moon to rot. How would she even find that amulet? They put that thing in hiding wear it belongs! Don't even try "she stumbles upon it on her way back home from school" or something. That's a cliche and downright contrived way to start a story. Also, why does Equestria lie in the hooves of the blank flanks? In fact, why are our main characters conveniently not enslaved?! If she could take over the entire world, why are they left out of the loop? Were they having tea under a rock or something? And, just to make some sort of theme, you suddenly make a random, useless character (that's also apparently not enslaved) sexist. The whole story is messy and weak, and couldn't possibly serve any kind of benefit to the show. This really just seems like a cheap fanfiction to glorify Rainbow Dash's "awesomeness." And that's because it is. I'm sorry, but this idea is just not that good at all.

You made me lol

there is one way this could work even as wonked out as it is.

Make it a story Scootaloo wrote. She idolizes Rainbow dash so it fits. And add lots of gags and self depricating humor

Sweetybell: Robonies?

Scoots: yeah!

Applebloom: I dont know what that is but it sounds like some health issue mah granny got

• Brohoof 1

I do like the idea of it all being a story made up by Scootaloo, or possibly a dream she had. I like it! But another idea I had is that Diamond Tiara is actually Queen Chrysalis, and the real Diamond Tiara is among the enslaved ponies. It is actually her that is plotting the extinction of all ponykind so the Changelings can take over Equestria and disguise themselves as ponies to " repopulate" Ponyville. That is if and only if Rainbow Dash and the Mane 6 fail their mission.

• Brohoof 1

I do like the idea of it all being a story made up by Scootaloo, or possibly a dream she had. I like it! But another idea I had is that Diamond Tiara is actually Queen Chrysalis, and the real Diamond Tiara is among the enslaved ponies. It is actually her that is plotting the extinction of all ponykind so the Changelings can take over Equestria and disguise themselves as ponies to " repopulate" Ponyville. That is if and only if Rainbow Dash and the Mane 6 fail their mission.

You do know this is a rated Y cartoon right? Grim fanfiction aside it will NEVER get that dark in the show. Keep it a light hearted adhd romp of a story some filly wrote about her idol and it retains the flavor of the series. If you need to change it that much then it isnt mlp anymore.

There's every reason to be blunt about these sorts of things, Phoenix Flair. No one should ever believe that something they came up with on a whim is good enough for professional production without serious consideration of how it would affect the canon, how it fits into the preexisting canon, whether or not it's just fan-ramblings, whether it even fits into the direction the artists are even going for, whether it would mess up the pacing of the original...you can't just come up with an idea and expect it to be good enough to be aired to millions of homes around the world.

Too many people make the mistake of thinking they have a great idea without considering how everyone but themselves see it. That's why you need people to be extremely critical of these sorts of things. Writers of any kind, whether they be novelists or screenwriters, have more work cut out for them than just popping out whatever ideas come into their brains. It has to be polished.

I respectfully disagree.  Not about the production thing.  I agree that ideas need a lot of processing and framing before they can enter even the most basic stages of actual creation.  But their's a difference between helpful criticism and blunt and harsh criticism.

I believe we all ought to encourage creative thought no matter who the idea comes from, or no matter how bad it seems at first.  I believe we should offer suggestions and valid questions, instead of just telling someone that it will never happen.  You know how creative people, artists, musicians, writers, usually talk about naysayers?  I think we should all do our best not to be one of those.

Anyway, that's just my opinion.  But whatevs, ya know?  :)

The world needs more naysayers, I say. We're on opposite ends of the spectrum there. While I could have been more constructive I don't believe in coloring my words for the sake of being nice. I think people need to understand the chances they have with creative endeavors.

Well.. I gotta give my 2 cents.

1. It's very unlikely for Diamond Tiara to take over Equestria. She's only a filly. Yes, she's mean to the CMC, but that wouldn't mean taking over the entire world. I think it could use a better antagonist, like the return of Tirek or something, but Diamond Tiara? Wha-? Where'd she get all the power..?

2. This seems like another "Rainbow Dash worshipping" thing. They already did it in Sonic Rainboom and The Cutie Mark Chronicles. Is it really necessary to do it again..? She's not even the main character. I think it should be ALL of the Mane 6 trying to defeat her, not just Rainbow Dash.

This seems like a good plot,  but it needs a few.. adjustments. Also, that title.. sounds like something from G3. 

And I'll agree with some people saying it's a better idea to make it a story made up by Scootaloo.

Edited by Skarloey

The world needs more naysayers, I say. We're on opposite ends of the spectrum there. While I could have been more constructive I don't believe in coloring my words for the sake of being nice. I think people need to understand the chances they have with creative endeavors.

If it were that hopless then an anthropomorphic Sponge living in a pinapple under the sea and makes crabby patties for a living would never of got off the ground much less a staple of a generation of childhoods. Any idea can work if done in the right way.
  • Brohoof 2

If it were that hopless then an anthropomorphic Sponge living in a pinapple under the sea and makes crabby patties for a living would never of got off the ground much less a staple of a generation of childhoods. Any idea can work if done in the right way.

That's pretty much exactly what I said in my second post. If written right then anything is good but an idea alone is not good enough.

That's pretty much exactly what I said in my second post. If written right then anything is good but an idea alone is not good enough.

So then we should encourage someone with an idea to persue it and make it work! If they lose interest immediately after saying it that is one thing but if they are willing to polish and get it to standard then I am on board.

• Brohoof 1

Everyone and their mother are going to encourage them, though. They need views from the opposite end of the spectrum as well.

You must have a really supportive enviroment because the world is full of negetive people looking to drag creativity down. Constructive critiques are positive, but out right shutting them down is just going along with the rest of the world that doesnt even try.

You must have a really supportive enviroment because the world is full of negetive people looking to drag creativity down. Constructive critiques are positive, but out right shutting them down is just going along with the rest of the world that doesnt even try.

I couldn't have said it better myself.