Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New to making brony music, seeking advice

Silver W. Valensnow

Hello everypony,

l am fairly new to the world of MLP, having only started in this fandom in December. l wish to seek advice as how to become a music-sharing brony with a healthy amount of watchers, this concerns:

Where should l post my music?
What music is hot of MLP-related content?
How can l transform it into a piece of my own, without obviously copyright-violating the creator when l cover?
ls this the only place to discuss MLP music?

l don't mind taking a private note on this if you feel like you don't want to share your opinion with everyone reading this post. l am here to learn the ways of MLP-music, ant wat will do ;p

Furthermore, if you have any requests for me to make a new piece of music (MLP-related or not), then you can send me a private message or start a skype-, or facebook-conversation with me (ask for details on how to add me on one or both)

THAT IS PRETTY MUCH IT, UNLESS THERE IS ANYPONY OUT THERE HAVING OTHER QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS, :)

Toodles -wink- and greetings
Silver, Pnoartz (YouTube)

Hey.

I'm fairly new here as well, but I'm definetly not new to music. Anyway, what I would say is not to remix other people's songs, but to make your own. I make plenty of music that directly has nothing to do with ponies, but I pass it off to the brony community.

• 2 weeks later...

@@Silver Snow,

I ain't a musician but I know a lot of basic stuff about these since my brothers are and so is my best friend. Also I can say what the viewer expects[such as me].

Where should l post my music?

On this forum is good to start with for sure, and I guess you should post it on Youtube. 

What music is hot of MLP-related content?

I would say original songs, original music and text. That stuff is always hot even if you are a horrible singer and have no skill what-so-ever *cough* Tombstone *cough*. So if you will be kind enough to make somewhat quality things then that would be great ^-^

How can l transform it into a piece of my own, without obviously copyright-violating the creator when l cover?

You ask the creator if you may make a cover of it, that is what I think, is something I once did when I wanted to use someone else-s music track so I guess it applies with covers and such too, not to mention I bet the creator wouldn't mind and would probably like to see the cover too ^-^

ls this the only place to discuss MLP music?

As far I know of this is possibly the best place to discuss MLP music, and other youtube video comments.