music Poll: What type of music do you listen to?

Twiliscael

It's a mix. BGM/VIdeo Game Music/Classical/90's/20's/30's/40's/Japanese/Japanese Rap

You may be wondering why a 14 year old likes old school music and not Rap/Punk/Rock/ETC.

Well, my friend, you can thank Bioshock Infinite for that and JRPGS for Japanese music/BGM

And I like Classical because it is technically the music that started music. Though I probably wouldn't be interested

in it if it wasn't for those black & white cartoons. Man, I was born in the wrong time. Though maybe not, because I

don't know what I'd do if I didn't have technology. I would probably try to actually live a life. lol. Who does THAT anymore? :P

I'm mostly 90's grunge and early 2000's post-grunge/alternative. I would blame this on my brothers as they were born in the 80's, therefore, I grew up hearing what they heard, which was grunge/alternative from that time. I was born a year after Nirvana's breakup (which was in 1994) and, usually agreed on, the end of the grunge genre, so I do find it weird I like that kind of stuff sometimes. 

• 2 months later...

This poll should've been made  so you can select multiple choices.

I listen to almost everything...from Metallica and AC/DC to The Beatles and Elton John.

I also like classical music scores, be it Beethoven, Mozart or from a movie.

The only music I don't really like, at all...is dubstep or any sub genre of it. Though I do like Techno, trance and house. I really like Daft Punk.

I'm also not a fan of 99% of the rap out there, though I do like Eminem.

Edited by xFlutterdash

• 2 weeks later...

Before I tell about my music.. Maybe you should add a "too much to list" option :)

I voted for other, because I listen to A LOT of different types of music. At the moment, I listen to various brony songs. My favourite genres are Trance, (heavy) metal and (neo) classical. There are also a few dubstep songs I REALLY love. Country, blues and industrial are also among my top 10 I think.

Besides that I listen to almost anything, besides: Dutch folk music, most pop songs and happy hardcore and stuff.

Anything from the 50s to 80s.

I am not a fan of today's music, you heard one song you basically heard them all. There is no one nowadays who even shares the same brilliant voices similar to Barry White or Geddy Lee.

Anything from the 50s to 80s.

I am not a fan of today's music, you heard one song you basically heard them all. There is no one nowadays who even shares the same brilliant voices similar to Barry White or Geddy Lee.

Serj Tankian. his voice is awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I listen to a lot more than one genre, but metal is my main one. Almost all of the sub-genres as well. Traditional metal, symphonic metal, death metal, deathcore, djent, progressive metal, experimental metal, metalcore, math metal, crabcore, viking metal, ambient metal, tech metal, symphonic deathcore and djentcore. Oh, I forgot black metal, blackened death metal and groove metal. I do also listen to other genres, such as classical, drum and bass, complextro, glitch hop, dubstep (only some, however), house and other, unclassified electronic genres.

EDIT: I MISSED "STANDARD" HEAVY METAL! And also hardstyle and trance.

Edited by RaptorJesus
  • Brohoof 1

I would say that I would listen to: 

Experimental Rock [i.e. Velvet Underground]

Psychedelic Rock [Pink Floyd]

Garage Rock [White Stripes]

Alternative [sonic Youth, Husker Du, etc.]

Punk Rock [black Flag, Operation Ivy, MDC]

Grunge [Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Mudhoney]

and a bunch of more rock bands I'm too lazy to actually list.