Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever had that feeling?

Soldier Surplus

Well, sometimes, when I'm really annoyed. I think of mean things to say. But, I never say them, because I am a nice and polite person :)

And then, in the end, I always think that maybe, I should have said what I was really thinking...

Edited by boiteporte
  • Brohoof 2

yes plenty of times it sounds like the right response but then staying silent seems better once I actually said something because I was very pissed off at what some guy did to me and I burned him very badly then we became friends a few weeks later

As long as I don't act on the mean impulse, I don't feel bad about it. Part of being human is controlling your base urges, and even the nicest person in the world is going to think of something mean-spirited every once in awhile.

Just like how meaningful bravery comes from overcoming fear, not necessarily being entirely fearless, niceness comes from fighting the urge to do harm; finding fulfillment in that is what makes you "good". That's what I think, anyway.

Note, this is referring to having mean thoughts every once in awhile and not acting on them, not constant mean thoughts and only acting nice to save face. If you are constantly having those sorts of thoughts about someone that usually means there's an underlying problem in your relationship with that person that you might want to look into.

Edited by TenorSounds

There's nothing wrong with having selfish thoughts. It's human nature, as long as you keep offensive comments to yourself.

If someone is a prick to me at school, let them have it. If it's really bad I won't say it, but I'm not gonna just let them hurt my feelings without doing something back.

I'm the type of person that will sit in the corner and say nothing out loud but have all these demonic thoughts and scenarios playing out in my head if somebody is gettin on my nerves.

If someone is being a donkey, I'll literally just imagine horrid things happening to them. I won't say anything, I won't act rude to them, but hay yeah I'll imagine them getting stabbed in the face with a fork.

I won't really feel bad about it. I keep things to myself, especially the negative. I don't like hurting anyone's feelings. I'd rather say nothing at all than something horrible.

Ohh I do that all the time. Other then the "feel bad about it" part.

Usually if i think of something mean to say it's something someone would REALLY deserve me saying to them.

Of course i don't say it to be nice lolz!

It happens occasionally.

There are times when I think of particularly funny puns or something mean to that extent, but then I need to backtrack a little bit to make sure I wouldn't offend anyone by saying it.

Also sometimes I'm just in a judgemental mood or I'm overly critical so I need to be especially careful then.

Though in all honesty, the majority of times the thought just flies right past me, it only happens if I'm having a bad day!

Yes, I have had this feeling before. There have been times when I have wanted to say something mean, but thankfully, the vast majority of the time I am able to overcome my worst impulses and not do so. 

In regard to online communication, one way I do this is to type out what I actually want to say to someone at the time, just to get it out of my system, without actually sending it to them. Then I either rewrite it or write an entirely new version that is actually respectful and reasonable. 

In regard to communication in person, I usually just keep my mouth shut when I want to say something hurtful, or I just say something harmless whilst keeping my true thoughts to myself.

This is because I genuinely do not want to hurt people. I get angry sometimes, but I exercise self-control and refrain from allowing that to affect my choices. 

I'm not perfect by any means, so I don't always succeed at this. But I do my best to treat people with kindness and respect.

• Brohoof 1

I usually hold back retorts at the last second, and later feel good because it pays off. Its better to calm a situation than to escalate it, although its difficult remaining in control sometimes.

• Brohoof 1

Many times, I've thought of mean things to say to people, but, and this gonna sound terrible, I can't really say that I've ever felt bad for those thoughts. If I acted and said those cruel things, then yeah, I'd feel pretty bad, but I just can't feel bad for thoughts I had.

• 4 years later...

It seems I go to war with every thought that goes through my head sometimes. I'm always thinking inappropriate things (probably because I try too hard not to) and I hate myself for doing it. Sometimes, because I have a sarcastic sense of humor, I think of very dark jokes and have to hold them in. I don't always hold them in though; it just depends on who I'm with and whether or not they'd be okay with it.