Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any lover of Math out there?

Professor SnuSnu

Just a simple math question.
<3
Anybody interested?

I might start posting math brain teasers on a daily bases. 
I might need a bit of help getting them though, if you're interested or have question you want me to post then please message me. thank you :wub:  

Edited by DeathBySnuSnu
  • Brohoof 3

The derivative of a function is defined as the slope of the graph of the function at any point.

The integral of a function is defined as the area under the curve of the graphed function between two points..

.... Yes I love math.

• Brohoof 2

No problem :3 at least i have found a worthy challenger. :lol:

10603145_332264820265540_1218086744_n.jp

Now please if you can, or if you have found out the formulae to how this is possible, please explain in detail.

Holy crap, it actually works.  :lol:

And yes, I love math.

Edited by Rainbow S.D.

The derivative of a function is defined as the slope of the graph of the function at any point.

The integral of a function is defined as the area under the curve of the graphed function between two points..

.... Yes I love math.

I don't know what to say....i really don't....impressive.

ahodomo-nichijou-26-final-720pnts41330a2

• Brohoof 2

No problem :3 at least i have found a worthy challenger. :lol:

10603145_332264820265540_1218086744_n.jp

Now please if you can, or if you have found out the formulae to how this is possible, please explain in detail.

Heh that only works because of add 1014 thing. However it wouldn't work if we were in 2015 then the number would have to be 1015. So that aint a formula. :P

I believe in you guys!!!!!!!! Don't give up!!!

post-28609-0-90255100-1407561860.jpg

Heh that only works because of add 1014 thing. However it wouldn't work if we were in 2015 then the number would have to be 1015. So that aint a formula. :P

:okiedokielokie: Hmph fine but can you explain how it would be able to have your age and foot size as the answer.
You figured one part and that part is very important. :P

I believe in you guys!!!!!!!! Don't give up!!!

attachicon.gifCheer.jpg

:okiedokielokie: Hmph fine but can you explain how it would be able to have your age and foot size as the answer.

You figured one part and that part is very important. :P

Yes I know I did that to buy a little time. I figured it out. I am having a hard time explaining it. 

Whatever you shoe size is after doing the first 4 steps the number will be that number plus ten then multiplied by 100. Doing so will created a pattern like size 9 = 1900, 10 = 2000 11= 2100. By adding the year it currently in -1000, in this case 1014 you get a number with the first two digits being your shoe size plus 20 and the last two being year you are in. Like for me doing all that except the last step I got 3114. 31 being shoe size plus 20 and 14 being the year. From hear it's hard to explain cuz it really just simple subtraction. 3114 - 1996 (I'm size 11 and turning 18) If you understand math at all you can see how it gets to there if not I can't really explain XD

Edited by AnonBrony
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yes I know I did that to buy a little time. I figured it out. I am having a hard time explaining it. 

Whatever you shoe size is after doing the first 4 steps the number will be that number plus ten then multiplied by 100. Doing so will created a pattern like size 9 = 1900, 10 = 2000 11= 2100. By adding the year it currently in -1000, in this case 1014 you get a number with the first two digits being your shoe size plus 20 and the last two being year you are in. Like for me doing all that except the last step I got 3114. 31 being shoe size plus 20 and 14 being the year. From hear it's hard to explain cuz it really just simple subtraction. 3114 - 1996 (I'm size 11 and turning 18) If you understand math at all you can see how it gets to there if not I can't really explain XD

Your method might be a bit too crude.

I will post the answer in the next post, if there is anybody out there that do not wish to see the solution please refrain from looking.

To put it simpler let's use algebra.

Let's use x=shoe size

Step 1: 5x

Step 2: 5x+50

Step 3: (5x+50)20 now first let's cancel the brackets.

100x+1000 now you get 100x so that whatever your shoe size is,it will be in the hundreds.

Step 4: 100x+1000+1014 now this is important 100x cannot but added to 1014 thus you will get 2014 which is the current year.

Step 5: 100x+2014-(ex 1997) 

=100x+2014-1997

=100x+17

Let's say x was 9

100(9)+17

=900+17

=917

which equals to my footsize and my age in their respective places.

Edited by DeathBySnuSnu

Your method might be a bit too crude.

I will post the answer in the next post, if there is anybody out there that do not wish to see the solution please refrain from looking.

To put it simpler let's use algebra.

Let's use x=shoe size

Step 1: 5x

Step 2: 5x+50

Step 3: (5x+50)20 now first let's cancel the brackets.

100x+1000 now you get 100x so that whatever your shoe size is,it will be in the hundreds.

Step 4: 100x+1000+1014 now this is important 100x cannot but added to 1014 thus you will get 2014 which is the current year.

Step 5: 100x+2014-(ex 1997) 

=100x+2014-1997

=100x+17

Let's say x was 9

100(9)+17

=900+17

=917

which equals to my footsize and my age in their respective places.

It's 2am here. I couldn't explain what I did for shit but my method was similar to that. 

• Brohoof 1

The derivative of a function is defined as the slope of the graph of the function at any point. The integral of a function is defined as the area under the curve of the graphed function between two points..

That's the geometric interpretation, anyway. Remember that you can get the derivative of a derivative function thus gaining insight on how the slope itself changes, and performing integration can also gain you the volume (double integration) of an object or even get the result of a factorial operation (the Gamma function). 

@, I have NO idea how this works, i'll be honest - but i seem to get 34 as my age (10 years have been ruthlessly added to my life :( ). The digits representing shoe size are right though.

EDIT: (in case it wasn't clear, yes i love math)

Edited by Terminus

(edited)

That's the geometric interpretation, anyway. Remember that you can get the derivative of a derivative function thus gaining insight on how the slope itself changes, and performing integration can also gain you the volume (double integration) of an object or even get the result of a factorial operation (the Gamma function). 

@, I have NO idea how this works, i'll be honest - but i seem to get 34 as my age (10 years have been ruthlessly added to my life :( ). The digits representing shoe size are right though.

EDIT: (in case it wasn't clear, yes i love math)

I shall not work with this injustice! give me your foot size and DOB :3

Oh wait only  foot size please :3

Edited by DeathBySnuSnu

Maths is by far the most boring and easiest subjects I have studied. Hard to love it in general, but I do enjoy a good question that requires thinking.

Did you look at the solution, please say you didn't :3

dyu mean the algebra given above? Uh, yes I did. ( was I not meant to?)

:C i was hoping you could figure it out:C

I might start posting math brain teasers on here for the funsies

Any one wants?

:C i was hoping you could figure it out:C

I might start posting math brain teasers on here for the funsies

Any one wants?

sorry...

I didnt figure it out, but understood the problem anyways. If it might help, try different shoe sizes, and your age will always be the same according to the equation. It's a trick question. The shoe size has nothing to do with it.

And of course that would be great :)