Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any lover of Math out there?

Professor SnuSnu

I am preety good in math, since I study in a politechnic university that makes sure students know tons of maths, but it's hard for me to talk about it in english. I can solve many problems, but not "describe" them in english.

PS: That test is BS, because I'm 20 and my shoe size is 45 ^^

Sowwi ~

I am preety good in math, since I study in a politechnic university that makes sure students know tons of maths, but it's hard for me to talk about it in english. I can solve many problems, but not "describe" them in english.

Sowwi ~

:C what happened with the thingy?

What answer did you get?

No problem :3 at least i have found a worthy challenger. :lol:

10603145_332264820265540_1218086744_n.jp

Now please if you can, or if you have found out the formulae to how this is possible, please explain in detail.

HOLY FUCKING SHEIT, IT NAILED MY AGE W00T  :blink:

1) 11=11

2) 11*5=55

3)55*50=105

4)105*20=2100

5)2100+1014=3114

6)3114-1991(year I was born)=1123

I been good at math most of my life, but I had a hard time at calculus when I studied engineering. I've changed to accounting, and I think I'm doing well in it. One of the topic I see is statistics, I always study it the day before the test. The only one I've failed was the first one because I copied wrong something important, but from there onward I've never got less than 14/20

Sowwi ~

You probably used a non-american shoe measurement ;) , it's likely around the same es mine (11)

Edited by Zekromic

I am good at this

I am good at that

Ermagerd

Strowking muh e-peen

Seriously though, math was a vital part of my studies and therefore, the most boring. The only torus area I want to hear about is that of my doughnut.

• Brohoof 1

No problem :3 at least i have found a worthy challenger. :lol:

10603145_332264820265540_1218086744_n.jp

Now please if you can, or if you have found out the formulae to how this is possible, please explain in detail.

Okay! Because I have nothing better to do:

Let Ss represent your shoe size and By represent birth year.

20((Ss * 5) + 50) + 1014 - By <--- start out with the formula

(Ss * 100) + 1000) + 1014 - By <--- use the distributive property to multiply through with the 20

(Ss * 100) + (2014 - By) <--- Bring everything together

So yeah. I don't think I really need to go further... On the topic of math though, I think it can be pretty fun if you think of it as a series of logic puzzles.

Okay! Because I have nothing better to do:

Let Ss represent your shoe size and By represent birth year.

20((Ss * 5) + 50) + 1014 - By <--- start out with the formula

(Ss * 100) + 1000) + 1014 - By <--- use the distributive property to multiply through with the 20

(Ss * 100) + (2014 - By) <--- Bring everything together

So yeah. I don't think I really need to go further... On the topic of math though, I think it can be pretty fun if you think of it as a series of logic puzzles.

That's the way I did it. jeez my 2am brain did not think to explain it like that. Stupid 2am brain. 

Edited by AnonBrony
  • Brohoof 1

I would....if I understood what language I was looking at. No math, the letter C is not the same thing as the entire book of Cat in the hat in unown alphabet.

41K54Vc7wtL.jpg

Also, to anyone that has hate- or love- relationship with logic (mathematical logic), read Carrol's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, and try to keep in mind that logic (and pop math) was on the uprise during the mid 19th century; and Lewis (being a mathematician himself) dropped lots of references in little's Alice's path (the whole book is kind of digesting inverse relationships in math and other stuff).

If after that you're still wondering why it's called "Wonderland", and why everyone seems to be loopy, jumpy or nutty, or in the mood for beheading.... well....

You know, it's really ironic. I used to hate math back in high-school. But i had to become good at it, now that i'm studying computer science for a degree. If you told me i'd have to use so much math in my future, years ago, you'd be lucky to get a blank stare - but now, i like it. I'm no expert, but i do okay, and i enjoy solving particularly nasty problems (when they present themselves anyway).

It's really not as bad as some people make it out to be; math is more of a tool made to serve other sciences than itself. Like other tools, you have to understand what your tool is capable of and how to use it.

Edited by Terminus
  • Brohoof 1

<p>I just tried this equation, it doesnt work if you havent had your birthday yet. Im 15 in 2 months and I got 815. So it isnt perfect. However, everything has flaws.</p>

<p><br />

EDIT: It does work if you use 1013, just act as if you did it on your birthday.</p>

Edited by NinjaWulv

Yup, I like math. It's been my best subject. However, lately I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep up with the increasing difficulty of the subject. I'm done with all math-dedicated classes, but I still need to apply them to my next courses.