Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any lover of Math out there?

Professor SnuSnu

I've never really liked math as a school subject, since I felt that I could never apply it to anything. It was all just a bunch of numbers and I had no idea how I could use it outside of the classroom. That being said, I like math brain teasers; they're pretty fun. ;)

• Brohoof 1

You know, it's really ironic. I used to hate math back in high-school. But i had to become good at it, now that i'm studying computer science for a degree. If you told me i'd have to use so much math in my future, years ago, you'd be lucky to get a blank stare - but now, i like it. I'm no expert, but i do okay, and i enjoy solving particularly nasty problems (when they present themselves anyway).

It's really not as bad as some people make it out to be; math is more of a tool made to serve other sciences than itself. Like other tools, you have to understand what your tool is capable of and how to use it.

If you can :3 or if you have some up your sleeve :3 maybe help me get some nasty problems. pleesh :wub:

I used to love math when it was really easy, but now I can't stand the sight of integrals or differentials. Probably because the classes were torture and traumatic. 

Otherwise, I'm beginning to see how important math is for modeling biological systems. Often times, we need to simulate chemical reactions or enzymes at work, so we need to use mathematical models to mimic rates of reaction and reaction pathways. In short, I'm beginning to appreciate math in biology, even if it's not my favourite subject now :P

Oh yes, I love math! I can't really elaborate on why, I just like it. Maybe because I like solving puzzles? Ech, whatever. It's fun. mlp-rgush.png

No problem :3 at least i have found a worthy challenger. :lol:

10603145_332264820265540_1218086744_n.jp

Now please if you can, or if you have found out the formulae to how this is possible, please explain in detail.

Let's see...

8 x 5 + 50 x 20 + 1014 - 1999 = 815

Whoa, weird, that works a bit. mlp-tcute.png

Yep.
I'm no expert at Math, but my teacher makes Math fun and easy to learn.
My top average for the quarter last year in Math was a 98. :D

I had 124 as my highest grade, I believe. mlp-dhipster.png

But hey, congrats on your grade too! mlp-dhappy.png

Edited by ReGen
  • Brohoof 2

Oh yes, I love math! I can't really elaborate on why, I just like it. Maybe because I like solving puzzles? Ech, whatever. It's fun. img-2955864-1-mlp-rgush.png

Let's see...

8 x 5 + 50 x 20 + 1014 - 1999 = 815

Whoa, weird, that works a bit. img-2955864-3-mlp-tcute.png

I had 124 as my highest grade, I believe. img-2955864-4-mlp-dhipster.png

But hey, congrats on your grade too! img-2955864-5-mlp-dhappy.png

:3 ummmm can i hug the dog in your avatar ....I mean you.

• Brohoof 1

Also the formula doesn't work with 10.5 as a size.

It's the same principle as pick a counting number (whole number >0). 

Take that number and add 3. 

Multiply it by 72.

add the digits together.

add 99

Multiply by 3

subtract your original number times 9

Add all the digits together until it's a one digit number.

Take the body part that starts the first letter of that number

nose

It's more a trick by knowing number principles than a math problem.  [in my case I picked multiples of 9 which digits add to multiples of 9]

How about this riddle.

Solve for my Cutie Mark (avatar)  [look at my profile for a better picture.]

Also... tau is better than pi!

That's right, I went there. :fiery:

It is on!

• Brohoof 1

It is on!

Yea, I was just joking around when I made that statement. :catface:

The truth is that I believe pi and tau should co-exist, meaning that tau should replace pi when it is practical, and not for when it is not practical.

Here's a video that I like.

Edited by Asterisk Propernoun
  • Brohoof 1

Yea, I was just joking around when I made that statement. :catface:

The truth is that I believe pi and tau should co-exist, meaning that tau should replace pi when it is practical, and not for when it is not practical.

Here's a video that I like.

I was mostly joking; I saw that and agree up to a point.

There are approx 3.14 reasons why pi is empirically better.  Every other argument comes down to I like this way of looking at things.

1) Switching mid stream for students. 

They know pi, and don't Tau.  Therefore they come in next year and pi is gone and so is all their info.

1.07) The confusion for the teachers.

2.07) Pi comes sooner. (2314 comes before 2628)

3.07) Puns

3.14) Pi day can be celebrated with pie, Tau day can be celebrated with what

Losing at warhammer 40k? (I heard they were much improved but still could be creamed by any knowledgeable player)

• Brohoof 1

I was mostly joking; I saw that and agree up to a point.

There are approx 3.14 reasons why pi is empirically better.  Every other argument comes down to I like this way of looking at things.

1) Switching mid stream for students. 

They know pi, and don't Tau.  Therefore they come in next year and pi is gone and so is all their info.

1.07) The confusion for the teachers.

2.07) Pi comes sooner. (2314 comes before 2628)

3.07) Puns

3.14) Pi day can be celebrated with pie, Tau day can be celebrated with what

Losing at warhammer 40k? (I heard they were much improved but still could be creamed by any knowledgeable player)

Meh, we all have our own opinions of whenever having tau around is worth it or not. It's one o' clock where I'm at. I'm going to bed.