Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever feel like you've been here too long?

Revy ~ Two Hands

I sometimes feel like I've been a brony for too long.

The reason is that when I first started watching the show, I experienced a type of... hm... let's say... magic. It's quite hard to describe.

This thread puts it nicely.

While I was watching the second episode for the first time, I realised that this show had officially won my heart. The summer break was fast approaching, meaning I was free to view all the pony material I wanted.

During those few weeks, I felt a type of emotion. An emotion that I doubt any other show would be able to fulfil.

I adored the show. The characters, the setting... just everything. Having disorders such as ADHD and autism, whenever I try to watch anything else, I just sit there tapping my thumbs waiting for it to finish.

However, with MLP, I savoured every moment on the screen.

I'm guessing you're thinking, "So... happiness, basically?". Don't jump to conclusions yet; the happiness was blended with something else.

I viewed Equestria as a dream haven. I wanted to leave this world and go to Equestria. I know how silly and insane this sounds, but it actually made me sad.

I started believing that, somewhere, their peaceful world existed due to the multiverse theory.

Sadly, ever since those glorious days, I found the magic dying. Mainly due to...

- My family uncovering the revelation that I watched the show

- The return to the normal schedule I had before I obsessed over the show

My thoughts are still clouded with ponies... but OC ponies. Sure, the RP Equestria is fun, but it's not the same Equestria I fell innlove with.

• Brohoof 4

Yeah I guess so. But since its my first day on the forum, I'm cutting myself some slack. But the community is filed with awesome people with composed personalities, it's great

• Brohoof 1

I do feel like I've sort of overstayed my welcome on these forums.

This would be my exact answer at times yes... however I do tend to stick around in hopes of making new friends now and again. Been here a little over 2 years now and never never would have thought I would end up being here this long. This being my first forums I've ever been apart of can't say I haven't met some decent people here because I indeed have. 

• Brohoof 2

I can't really feel like that yet, since I didn't watch the show till late May or early June, but I dunno if I'll ever feel like that.  I mean, the fandom is so exhilarating.  I've never met a group of people before that are so into creating things.  I mean, the Sherlock fandom and the Doctor Who fandom, they're all right, but the Bronies are downright inspiring.  Maybe I'll get over it somewhere down the road, but for now I'm happy to be a Brony, and excited for whatever's on the horizon.  :)

• Brohoof 2

This is my first forum, and its surprising to hear that people think they will leave them so soon... but then again I have been playing a text based game with forums and what not for 9 years now so maybe I just like to stay in one place lol.

But back to your question, I tend to go on fandom breaks, and my excitement wanes a bit, but when it is time for a new season or around the holidays ponys just fit right in. I even affiliate Fall with ponys, since fall is my favorite season. Spring and Summer are my least favorite seasons, and I avoid pony for the most part. But man, something about wrapping myself in a blanket on a cool fall morning, eating pumpkin pie with some coffee and watching the new episodes on Brony state is something I look forward to so much now.

Edited by Danimal
  • Brohoof 2

Sometimes I have moments where I ask myself "I've been on this site about rainbow colored ponies for over two years. What am I doing with my life?". Usually it ends with me finding something that reminds me "Oh yeah, because I still enjoy it.".

• Brohoof 1

I've only been a part of this fandom and the forums for a few months, so it's all relatively new and still fresh to me. Checking the forums is part of my daily routine now.

• Brohoof 2

I sometimes think I've been on the forums for too long. I've been here when we still had forum chat, and often Times I feel so old! I've made some close friendships here do it probably means I'm no leaving here anytime soon though!