Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever feel like you've been here too long?

Revy ~ Two Hands

Half Life + Twilight Sparkle = I approve

Thank you :) I was thinking of an assassin twilight, but ended up deciding this was better. This depicting two of my interests in one dp

• Brohoof 1

In the forums? Maybe a little. In the fandom? Generally, yes.

I had this thrill of discovery and curiosity about every new episode and fan work i watched as i went on with the series. It almost feels nostalgic now.

I'm not quitting the fandom - it's a great fandom, with great people that make great works. I just want to feel that first time experience again.

• Brohoof 2

In the forums? Maybe a little. In the fandom? Generally, yes.

I had this thrill of discovery and curiosity about every new episode and fan work i watched as i went on with the series. It almost feels nostalgic now.

I'm not quitting the fandom - it's a great fandom, with great people that make great works. I just want to feel that first time experience again.

It's true we all go through the thrill of discovery and then the community who feels something we haven't felt ourselves before. A lot happens past that though it gets complicated especially when it starts to become part of your identity.

• Brohoof 2

Occasionally, because nothing happens sometimes, but there is the occasional rush hour.

Oh boy you should see /mlp/ if you want something to happen.

Okay actually not, but there is a lot of drama at even the most minor development truth be told it's kept my engagement in the fandom in the off season.

I spend a lot of my time on the forums it gets very boring at times and at other times becomes very fun my Xbox Live friends don't like me on the forums cause I spend more time here then there

I haven't been a fan for 2 years yet, and my "forumversary" is tomorrow :P. I like it here, so I wouldn't mind staying here for much longer :). Besides, why would I leave when I have my special somepony here :squee:, plus several more friends :)?

• Brohoof 2

I've probably been here the longest out of anyone posting in this thread thus far. (Lunaris'll probably post sometime after me just to spite me. :P ) If you guys think you've been here too long, then I've been here WAY too long. (Since December 2011.)

While I don't feel like I've been in the fandom too long, I do feel like I've sort of overstayed my welcome on these forums. A year and a half is a long time.

Pretty much kind of how I feel. Although I've more overstayed my welcome because of various events that I can't really elaborate on. But I'm still here! I really have nowhere else to go that keeps my interest. Don't care about the fandom or the show much anymore. Just here for the community, because this is the only place where people kind of sorta pay attention to me. 

But yeah, I've definitely been here too damn long. Wish I could find a better place, but I've given up on that after joining so many other forums and not getting any sort of feeling of caring or community from them.

• Brohoof 1

Eh, even though i've been here almost 2 years on the forums, and been a brony a little longer than that(Well watched the show a little longer than that, if that would be included as being a brony.) I still don't feel i've been here to long necessarily.

Sure, I've had times where I have felt it, and heck, I've even taken a big long break of a couple months a little while ago, because I was just kinda burned out on a bunch of stuff. Not that i disliked the forums or MLP, i just needed a break, to rethink things.

And after that, I feel i've refreshed myself quite a bit, and I find I don't think i've stayed to long really anymore.

While it's kinda crazy to think about sometimes, I really love this place, and I don't have intentions of truly leaving anytime soon.

Honestly, even if I stop caring for MLP, or the fandom really, i'd still be here I think, heck even if I hated MLP i might still be here, just because the community is so great! 

I've been to a few other forums, Not like a large slew of them or anything, but a couple, but none have kept my interest this long for sure. This is by far the best forums i've been to, as it's the one i've become the most involved in, and the one where I've met the kindest people, and the greatest community.

It just feels, so home like here to me.

• 3 years later...

Well I can say now that I ised to invest too much emotionally and physically here. But overall I think my recent absences have kinda evened it out at least I hope so.

In the end no matter what I say i will probably be here as long as it is possible for me. I really enjoy this site even when sometimes I don't seem yo realize it.

• Brohoof 1

I've been here a little over two years and I have no immediate plans to leave. It fulfills a purpose and until something else comes along to fill that gap I'll just stick around. I still love the show and I like to hear what other fans are saying about it. Besides, the long and short of it is that it's fun here. And I like fun. :proud: 

• Brohoof 2