Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sports The football (soccer) season is back!

AtomicStone

At least Real Madrid doesn't look too bad this year under Atletico, having won against Atletico and Sevilla in both uefa and super cup. CR7 was a boss this season, top scorer. Hope Real boss next season.

Honestly, I was rooting for Atletico for the last few matches. They deserve it.

(Am I the only RM fan here?)

Well... Sion kinda deserved that one then, didn't exactly try to hide it haha :lol:

Yup, I for one was a little mad when it all came out about Sunderland, mainly because I support Norwich and we got relegated :P

Hope Uefa and Fifa get a little bit more consistent with their punishments, some of their decisions are just confusing.

Felt a bit bad seeing Norwich get relegated, quite liked them, well moreso under Lambert than Hughton. Was disappointed to see Hooper not do that great with you last season and it doesn't look like he's getting much of a look in so far this year. How'd you fancy your chances getting up under Adams?

At least Real Madrid doesn't look too bad this year under Atletico, having won against Atletico and Sevilla in both uefa and super cup. CR7 was a boss this season, top scorer. Hope Real boss next season.

Honestly, I was rooting for Atletico for the last few matches. They deserve it.

(Am I the only RM fan here?)

I agree Real look better already this year than last, it takes time to get all those superstars to play and gel together. I like Ancelotti, but not keen on Real themselves, or CR7 for that matter. I preferred Barca but post-Pep they've become a bit unlikeable. Atletico were who I cheered on last year and I'd love for them to do it again this year, but I think they've lost a bit of their team, suffering from their own success, and Real do look better this year.

Felt a bit bad seeing Norwich get relegated, quite liked them, well moreso under Lambert than Hughton. Was disappointed to see Hooper not do that great with you last season and it doesn't look like he's getting much of a look in so far this year. How'd you fancy your chances getting up under Adams?

To be honest, it was coming a long time before it happened. Hughton played dire football, and the board wouldn't listen to the fans and make a change in time. Felt sorry for Hooper as well last season, he suffered under Hughtons negative tactics. The reason he hasn't played so far this season is due to injury, or so I'm led to believe. I'm sure he'll rip the Championship apart once he's fully fit :D

As for Adams, I'm quite optimistic, the quality of the football against Watford and Blackburn Saturday and yesterday was fantastic, and for once we are scoring goals! :lol: Haven't felt this excited for a long while haha. Look out Ipswich on saturday, we're coming for you!

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, it was coming a long time before it happened. Hughton played dire football, and the board wouldn't listen to the fans and make a change in time. Felt sorry for Hooper as well last season, he suffered under Hughtons negative tactics. The reason he hasn't played so far this season is due to injury, or so I'm led to believe. I'm sure he'll rip the Championship apart once he's fully fit :D

As for Adams, I'm quite optimistic, the quality of the football against Watford and Blackburn Saturday and yesterday was fantastic, and for once we are scoring goals! :lol: Haven't felt this excited for a long while haha. Look out Ipswich on saturday, we're coming for you!

Ahh, didn't realise that he was injured  :derp: . Yeah, he should do great back in the Championship, I was never his biggest fan at Celtic, but when he's on form he's a really good player.

That's your big derby game isn't it? Here's hoping you do well, I'll maybe even stick Norwich on my coupon...but that'd probably be the kiss of death for them since I've got no luck!  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Ahh, didn't realise that he was injured  :derp: . Yeah, he should do great back in the Championship, I was never his biggest fan at Celtic, but when he's on form he's a really good player.

That's your big derby game isn't it? Here's hoping you do well, I'll maybe even stick Norwich on my coupon...but that'd probably be the kiss of death for them since I've got no luck!  :lol:

Yeah, he played really well at times last season, scored like 3 goals in 3 games at one point, but he was injured a lot last season as well.

Yep, the East Anglian derby, the biggest derby in the country! Haha just kidding. It's pretty hostile though, last time we faced Ipswich we won 5 - 1 :lol: So yeah, don't worry, I'm preparing myself if the unthinkable happens, but I'm hoping for the best :D

Thanks for the add btw :)

Edited by Raritas

I really hope the Missouri Tigers go all out like they did last year!

I love how people expect it to be American Football when they walk in here. Wrong one, sorry :) 

• Brohoof 1

Dang lol I thought this was related to any type of football like the NCAA and NFL. :P

Nope sorry :lol: There are a few American Football threads around on the forums, don't worry haha This is one of the only popular Football or "Soccer" threads I've seen. 

I hate football. Stupid guys in shorts kicking a ball back and forth. What kind of sports doesn't allow your hands anyway? Sports are dumb. 

mlfw929_small.jpg

If you say so, opinions are opinions  :fiery:

(edited)

So I was thinking..

How would you guys feel about arranging to meet and all go to see a match together at some point this season! I'm down for arranging the tickets and don't mind what team we go and see, let me know if anypony is interested. ^^

Edited by Flutterbro1422
  • Brohoof 1

So I was thinking..

How would you guys feel about arranging to meet and all go to see a match together at some point this season! I'm down for arranging the tickets and don't mind what team we go and see, let me know if anypony is interested. ^^

It's a good idea, don't think I'd be able to though as I'm at Norwich every other week with family to see the games, and I'm hoping to get to some away games. So it would difficult for me  -_-

• Brohoof 1

it technically is football, just not American. Oh well.

Except that it's not.  I know a lot of people in England who say that it's actually called associated football (which is where "soccer" comes from), but the fans call it football.

Edited by Washougal_Otaku

Except that it's not.  I know a lot of people in England who say that it's actually called soccer, but the fans call it football.

but most of the world calls it football. American football is only really played in the US and Canada, maaaybe some in Mexico and Japan (and fore the last two association football is more famous and don't even have proper leagues, only college ones), anyways, and there might be a few outside those countries who call it soccer, but it's official name is association football.

Association football - English FA formed 1863.

American football - NFL formed 1920.

Even Wikipedia shows the difference.

Soooooo it is football. Just not the American one.

Edited by bleusrap
  • Brohoof 1

It's a good idea, don't think I'd be able to though as I'm at Norwich every other week with family to see the games, and I'm hoping to get to some away games. So it would difficult for me  -_-

No problem dude, Im going to make the Norwich vs Brighton game this season, so maybe we could meet then if you wanted! XD

So I was thinking..

That sounds like an awesome idea  :D  count me in

• Brohoof 1

No problem dude, Im going to make the Norwich vs Brighton game this season, so maybe we could meet then if you wanted! XD

Maybe lol, I have to travel a fair distance to get to Norwich, and me and my dad have routine we usually keep to :lol: So not sure what's gunna happen :P I can tell you places around Norwich if you want though, to help out or something :P

Edited by Raritas
  • Brohoof 1

That sounds like an awesome idea  :D  count me in

Great! Maybe if we get enough interest, we could create a group chat on Skype to make it easier to get in contact or something..

Perhaps a London club would be good to start off, to be honest I don't mind too much! :)

Maybe lol, I have to travel a fair distance to get to Norwich, and me and my dad have routine we usually keep to :lol: So not sure what's gunna happen :P I can tell you places around Norwich if you want though, to help out or something :P

That would be handy, never been up there before! ^^

Top of the league! At Portman Road! Top of the league! At Portman Road! :D :D Norwich 1 - 0 Ipswich. Should have been more :lol:

• Brohoof 2