Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sports The football (soccer) season is back!

AtomicStone

Top of the league! At Portman Road! Top of the league! At Portman Road! :D :D Norwich 1 - 0 Ipswich. Should have been more :lol:

Fantastic result for your boys in the East Anglian derby today! I can see you going straight back up this season.

Good win for the super Seagulls today too, coming from 1 down to beat Bolton 2-1 at the AMEX.. Things gradually coming together now after a poor start!

Just checked some of the prices for tickets to Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and some others.. Any more interested in a Brony football meetup in London at any stage? ^^

I hope it's the prices for the category C games!  :P Those A game prices are crazy  :blink:  well I'm hopefully going to be seeing Arsenal in October so I'd be quite happy to go see a different team if this happens...but if it was going to see another Arsenal game I wouldn't complain  :lol:

Well...

I think we should've/could've won. The second Everton goal was offsides and led from a foul on BFG.

At least we get the point.

GIROUD YOU CAN HAVE MY CHILDREN

Yeah, that 2nd goal was way offside, really bad call by the linesman. Thought the team looked pretty poor for the most part, think Wenger was right when he said season has actually come too early for them. I'm thinking they won't get into proper form until about October...which is worrying when you see the next few games coming up  :o  But being able to come back from 2-0 down is still an improvement on last season. Beat Besiktas Wed then buy a centre half, defensive mid and a striker before the deadline and the team's sorted.

Top of the league! At Portman Road! Top of the league! At Portman Road! :D :D Norwich 1 - 0 Ipswich. Should have been more :lol:

Well done the Canaries!

Less said of Celtic from the weekend the better. Manager made 10 changes, which fair enough he's more focused on europe. But, we were doing ok through the first half with the team he put out, then at half time he makes 2 changes to bring on a couple of the regulars and we managed to actually get worse! I didn't understand his logic at bringing on Johansen (a centre mid) to play left back  :wacko:  Days gone by Celtic genuinely could've put out a reserve team to win the league games, but we have nothing beyond our first 11 now...and the majority of that first 11 aren't any good either. But the league'll take care of itself, Tuesday night against Maribor is the game that defines the season. 1-1 from the first leg I think they might actually go through, but it'll be tight. Maybe 1-0, but then again that would rely on them keeping a clean sheet which they are incapable of doing.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Great result for City last night, but Liverpool were poor.. The sooner Ballotelli gets playing for them the better!

Brighton are also playing in the Capital One cup against Swindon away tonight.. Hoping for a win.. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Flutterbro1422

I live in Canada, too, so I won't be joining you guys for a match, unfortunately.

However, Tottenham has two wins in two games and Inverness beat Celtic for the first time in who knows how long, so I'm pretty happy so far.

• Brohoof 1

Inverness beat Celtic for the first time in who knows how long, so I'm pretty happy so far.

For about the first time in like...2 seasons? Not been that long. Just checked and yuuuup :mellow: , they beat us November 2013 at Parkhead no less.

For about the first time in like...2 seasons? Not been that long. Just checked and yuuuup :mellow: , they beat us November 2013 at Parkhead no less.

Really? That little. I thought it had been a lot longer than that.

Well, looks like Arsenal's gonna need a new striker. Can't catch a break from those injuries  :maud:

If only we had Bendtne...*gets shot*

Edited by Jaref

Well, looks like Arsenal's gonna need a new striker. Can't catch a break from those injuries  :maud:

If only we had Bendtne...*gets shot*

No! We need Arsha... *gets shot*

Ok, in all seriousness, it would be really cool to get another proven striker... Any suggestions?

Ok, in all seriousness, it would be really cool to get another proven striker... Any suggestions?

Cavani or Falcao? A man can dream, right?  :(

If nothing else, it's a chance for Campbell and Sanogo to step up

Edited by Jaref
  • Brohoof 2

Martinez, Porto striker.. Would be really suited to the premier league I think. I'd love to see him playing over here!

So good to see united getting their asses kicked again tonight, from a League one team no less!! XD 4-0 to MK dons!!

The seagulls went marching on to the next round with a 4-2 win against Swindon away.. We made it difficult but we got there in the end.

• Brohoof 1

Excited about the season, my main team, FC Barcelona should have an excellent chance to win La Liga and potentially the UEFA Champions League, can't wait til all three of Messi, Suarez, & Neymar are on the field, not sure there will be a more dangerous group of forwards this year.

Edited by Dunky
  • Brohoof 1

Cavani or Falcao? A man can dream, right?  :(

If nothing else, it's a chance for Campbell and Sanogo to step up

I've   heard Cavani, Falcao, Remy and Welbeck all in rumors. Any one of them would be great for me at this point.

I would just like to add that Arsenal on-loan at MK Dons striker Benik Afobe scored in their 4-0 defeat of Manchester United..

Glory glory Man United  :P

• Brohoof 3

Maybe you have the wrong sport. Football is pretty much a non contact sport, and the most in-sport violence is Swarez biting someone on the arm, or someone getting headbutted. xD

Just my opinion.

ik this is late but Football (soccer) has contact, maybe not as much as rugby but when people say "football is a non contact sport" i want to... nvm but when i played football there was never a game were i wasn't injured (and no im not that kid that cries and limps off the field) i played thought every game 100% of it. 

Then obviously you haven't been planning it properly. :P.

This is a quote of the rules. It is a direct free kick if one:

Kicks or attempts to kick an opponent

Trips or attempts to trip an opponent

Jumps at an opponent

Charges an opponent

Strikes or attempts to strike an opponent

Pushes an opponent

Tackles an opponent

Or commits any the following offences:

Holds an opponent

Spits at an opponent

Handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

That doesn't look like a contact sport to me.

Then obviously you haven't been planning it properly. :P.

This is a quote of the rules. It is a direct free kick if one:

Kicks or attempts to kick an opponent

Trips or attempts to trip an opponent

Jumps at an opponent

Charges an opponent

Strikes or attempts to strike an opponent

Pushes an opponent

Tackles an opponent

Or commits any the following offences:

Holds an opponent

Spits at an opponent

Handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

That doesn't look like a contact sport to me.

There's a difference.

Basketball, baseball and "soccer" are considered contact sports because they do allow contact, but it's not allowed to go above shoving.

American football, rugby, and hockey are considered collision sports because hard hits are allowed and encouraged.

Soccer has so much contact it's unbelievable. Just ask Djibril Cisse and Aaron Ramsey.

WARNING: MIGHT MAKE YOU QUEASY.

post-24612-0-36005300-1409093269_thumb.jpg

Gotta educate some folks. 

At least Real Madrid doesn't look too bad this year under Atletico, having won against Atletico and Sevilla in both uefa and super cup. CR7 was a boss this season, top scorer. Hope Real boss next season.

Honestly, I was rooting for Atletico for the last few matches. They deserve it.

(Am I the only RM fan here?)

I'm an Atletico fan first and foremost, but in the seasons where a trophy was going to be decided between Barca and Real, I would support Real. (Casillas is my favourite player of all time )

You guys need to see this...

What a volley by Rohan Ince to give us the lead last night!!!

That was an awesome goal :D 

Edited by Guest

What a lucky first touch.

There was no first touch... he hit it first time.

I'm an Atletico fan first and foremost, but in the seasons where a trophy was going to be decided between Barca and Real, I would support Real. (Casillas is my favourite player of all time )

That was an awesome goal :D

One of the best goals I've seen live, as soon as it left his foot i knew it was in! :D

That's what I meant to say, I guess you took it as trapping the ball?

Yeah, I guess you could say it was lucky, but wouldn't you agree that any volley struck in football has a lot of luck in it? ^^,

Yeah, I guess you could say it was lucky, but wouldn't you agree that any volley struck in football has a lot of luck in it? ^^,

Can't argue with that. Gotta admit, Rohan's volley was beautiful  :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Martinez, Porto striker.. Would be really suited to the premier league I think. I'd love to see him playing over here!

So good to see united getting their asses kicked again tonight, from a League one team no less!! XD 4-0 to MK dons!!

The seagulls went marching on to the next round with a 4-2 win against Swindon away.. We made it difficult but we got there in the end.

Martinez would be good I think, he's just a pure goalscorer which is really what Arsenal need. Don't see it happening though, as that's Porto qualified for the CL group stages now.

I've   heard Cavani, Falcao, Remy and Welbeck all in rumors. Any one of them would be great for me at this point.

I would just like to add that Arsenal on-loan at MK Dons striker Benik Afobe scored in their 4-0 defeat of Manchester United..

Glory glory Man United  :P

I'd like Cavani and I'm sure he wouldn't mind a move either as he's not had the best of times in France, but with PSG having lost Zlatan to injury for a bit I don't see them selling. Falcao would also be great and more viable, but that all depends on if Real want him or not yet. If Liverpool feel Remy was too dodgy to sign with his knee then there's no reason Arsenal should be going anywhere near him, he'd just end up being best pals with Diaby. Wellbeck has lots of potential, but terrible at finishing, which is not what we need right now. If Giroud was still fit I'd be happy to sign Wellbeck and give him the time and games he needs to kick on, but with Giroud out the team needs a proven goalscorer now.

Adding my love to seeing Man U get hoofed last night  :lol:

Oh and something about Celtic failing once again and the team being a bunch of absolute mares  :okiedokielokie:  :angry:  >_>