Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sports The football (soccer) season is back!

AtomicStone

This right here is how clubs should be run! Throwing money around mindlessly will always come back to bite clubs in this country, as well as charging ridiculous amounts of money to fans for tickets and merch... This sums up the state of English football and also why our national team has been so poor for a while now.. If we plan to get close to your level, then we will need to start to change our approach.. And soon.

Oh god, the three lions. Honestly, i think they will never hear the wake up call. Remember the 4-1 from 2010? That should've already been the wake up call for England to change something. Granted, it had a controversial scene, but you know what i mean. Did something happen? NO. 2014 was even worse then 2010.

After we lost to England in Munich 2001, after that infamous 5-1 defeat, that was the time for us to wake up. We started to focus on our youth program and slowly started to sack the players that where over 30. Our long term plan was a success. 3rd place at the WC in 2006 and 2010, 2nd place at the EC in 2008 and we won it all in 2014.

You have to make an english league for english players. Lets look at the big clubs like ManU, Chelsea and Arsenal. How many of them have english players in the starting lineup? I think there are more germans in the starting lineup of Arsenal then english once.

img-3428375-1-Per-Mertesacker-and-Mesut-

You know what's ironic? They both played for Bremen in the past.

Edited by Hypnosparkle
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, the amount of English players in the Premier League right now is appalling. It's actually embarrassing how some England fans think we're on par with the top countries, when realistically we only just qualified for the World Cup, and look how that went. With people like Gerrard and Lampard retiring, I'm worried for the team, not that I'm a great fan of the team in the first place :P

That's true, Flutter. The Championship is such a crazy league. 2 defeats and you're down 10 places potentially. I'm not sure whether I could go back to a struggling Premier League team every year lol

Edited by Raritas
  • Brohoof 2

In all of the English top 4 clubs, I could only name you a handful..

Wilshere, Welbeck, Ox-chamberlain, Shaw, Rooney, Baines, Cahill, Milner, Lampard, Gerrard. And who out of that list would you call a world class player?

I could more name so many german players that are world class rank, I rate a fair few of your players that can't even get in the first team at the moment too, Draxler being one of them!

• Brohoof 1

In all of the English top 4 clubs, I could only name you a handful..

Wilshere, Welbeck, Ox-chamberlain, Shaw, Rooney, Baines, Cahill, Milner, Lampard, Gerrard. And who out of that list would you call a world class player?

I could more name so many german players that are world class rank, I rate a fair few of your players that can't even get in the first team at the moment too, Draxler being one of them!

I don't want to sound arrogant, but Draxlar not being able to play for the first team, shows how much talent our Team has. Julian Draxlar on a very good day, dances with the ball like a brazilian.

Lampard and Gerrard are already out of the England team, Milner is a substitue for Man City, meaning he can't get any practice and Rooney can't do anything, without his Manu guys.

Oh, the amount of English players in the Premier League right now is appalling. It's actually embarrassing how some England fans think we're on par with the top countries, when realistically we only just qualified for the World Cup, and look how that went. With people like Gerrard and Lampard retiring, I'm worried for the team, not that I'm a great fan of the team in the first place :P

Honestly? If i was from England, i wouldn't be one myself probably. They won't win anything, coming France 2016.

• Brohoof 1

As much as I love my football club, who I have been supporting my entire life, sadly they are now taking the customer approach with us fans nowadays along with many other clubs and frankly it angers me. If English football wants to take a step forward within the next ten years, then a good place to start would be with the fans!

That is insane skill! Draxler is one of my favourite players in the Bundesliga, along with Reus!

• Brohoof 1

It seriously angers me how they treat you. You need good communications with your fans, if you want your stadiums to be filled. I remember after a game against Hamburg in 2011. Werder got rekt at that game, you couldn't say it any other way. The team went home to Bremen with their bus and they where greeted by the fans, because they where very upset with the bad game Werder had and even the previous games, which where also bad. You know what happend? Our coach back then Thomas Schaaf and our captain Torsten Frings got out of the bus, climbed on the bus and they where listening to the fans complaints.

This is what alot of clubs should do.

Edited by Hypnosparkle
  • Brohoof 1

Maybe a few clubs in England should follow an example set by a club like Barcelona, run by the fans... And begin to actually reward the fans for their loyalty, rather than squeezing every penny they can out of us. Unfortunately though that is what it has come to over here, football has become corrupt!

Liverpool is facing Chelsea now.

Good luck to the reds. You'll never walk alone. :)

After the game: Hooray, game ends in a freaking draw.

• Brohoof 1

Chelsea was dominating in the first half and in the second half Liverpool was. If it wasn't for Courtois, Liverpool would have won.

It's Chelsea's title to lose this season. Man City have a lot of injuries right now, and I can't see another winner. I guess it'll break the Manchester club dominance of the last few years :P

• Brohoof 1

Courtois is a beast. I think he will be Neuers future rival, when it comes to be the worlds best goalkeeper.

They have an insane good defence. I know that alot of people don't like the style that Mourinho is playing (and quiet frankly, i don't like his personality very much) but it works. Chelsea looks very dominating this season and unless some kind of miracle happens, it's going to stay that way.

• Brohoof 1

Thought it was funny though, I heard there was talk of installing "artificial" crowd noise at Stamford Bridge to improve the atmosphere for Chelsea fans... They might be winning the league but seriously, I laughed so when I heard that :lol:

Even Mourinho complained about the poor atmosphere. Sometimes his arrogance is great :P

Edited by Raritas
  • Brohoof 1

Thought it was funny though, I heard there was talk of installing "artificial" crowd noise at Stamford Bridge to improve the atmosphere for Chelsea fans... They might be winning the league but seriously, I laughed so when I heard that :lol:

Even Mourinho complained about the poor atmosphere. Sometimes his arrogance is great :P

Mourinho is the sort of manager that makes the premier league so much more interesting with his rants week in week out.. I'm glad that he's back at Chelsea to be honest, he's hilarious.. But is a class manager!

• Brohoof 1

Mourinho is the sort of manager that makes the premier league so much more interesting with his rants week in week out.. I'm glad that he's back at Chelsea to be honest, he's hilarious.. But is a class manager!

Like i said, i don't really like his personality. But he knows his stuff and even won the Champions League with Porto. Something that i would have never expected.

Have a Van Basten picture.

futbolcu12.jpg

Admittedly, I didn't follow the FIFA awards ceremony, but nice to see Neuer & Robben on the TOTY.

#FCBAYERN

Tonight Brighton play Ipswich town, who are flying high in 2nd at the moment. Not expecting too much from this one but if there's anything I love about the championship, it's that anything can happen... And this is the sort of fixture that maybe, if we pull out a brilliant performance, could pull something out of it! Come on you seagulls!!

I am very excited to see, what Sheffield United can overcome the odds against Tottenham Hotspur. They defeated Southhampton in quarter finals, so why shouldn't they do it again and go to Wembley then?

I hope they do it, but i fear that their luck runs out against Tottenham.

I am very excited to see, what Sheffield United can overcome the odds against Tottenham Hotspur. They defeated Southhampton in quarter finals, so why shouldn't they do it again and go to Wembley then?

I hope they do it, but i fear that their luck runs out against Tottenham.

I'm HOPING it will, being a Spurs fan.

Regarding the match against Chelsea... my Luna, that was like science fiction! Never in a million years did I think that Spurs could beat Chelsea! I was in a pub, wearing my lavender Spurs away shirt, surrounded by smug Chelsea fans, all of who were standing there, jaws dropping, when the match ended. :P

• Brohoof 1

I'm HOPING it will, being a Spurs fan.

Oh, a Spurs fan.

Here, have a Klinsmann Picture. ;)

15983-zoom.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Ah yes, the guy who simultaneously saved our arses and introduced diving to the Premier League. :P

You have to give Klinsmann some respect. In 1996, he lead a german team that was just above average, to the european title. He wasn't just a diver.

Tonight Brighton play Ipswich town, who are flying high in 2nd at the moment. Not expecting too much from this one but if there's anything I love about the championship, it's that anything can happen... And this is the sort of fixture that maybe, if we pull out a brilliant performance, could pull something out of it! Come on you seagulls!!

Please, please beat Ipswich tonight. If they win they'll go top. I don't think I could bare that!  :o I'm trusting Hughton will do us a favour xD I'm rooting for the Seagulls tonight  :squee:

@ COME ON HUGHTON! Great first half, let's hope your lads keep it up :D

Edited by Raritas
  • Brohoof 1