Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sports The football (soccer) season is back!

AtomicStone

I don't live overly far from Brighton to be honest, although I wouldn't mind being a bit closer, I'm around a 20 min drive from the stadium.. It actually takes about the same time now as it was going to Withdean. ^^,

So do you still live in the Brighton area?

Ah that's not too bad, it takes me 15 minutes on the train to Falmer. 

I do indeed, born and bred here ;)

Ah that's not too bad, it takes me 15 minutes on the train to Falmer. 

I do indeed, born and bred here ;)

Awesome! ^^,

To be honest, I really need to try and get to know some Bronies that live more locally, I never get to talk about the show all that often unfortunately. Maybe we could arrange to meet sometime if you wanted. I am very shy around new people though but yeah XD

Awesome! ^^,

To be honest, I really need to try and get to know some Bronies that live more locally, I never get to talk about the show all that often unfortunately. Maybe we could arrange to meet sometime if you wanted. I am very shy around new people though but yeah XD

Same! Yer that sounds cool to me, I'm currently snowed under until the end of the month (uni studies) but after that would be good ;) 

I am going to the Patriots vs Dolphins game on 9/05. I am actually just hanging in Fortlotterdale though.

I am going to the Patriots vs Dolphins game on 9/05. I am actually just hanging in Fortlotterdale though.

Get in there Norwich! :D 3-0 against Watford isn't bad I don't think! Sorry to see Brighton lose again, hope things turn round for you guys.

All I gotta say about the Premier League... Lol Van Gaal :lol:

AND IT'S ARSENAL, ARSENAL FC!

WE'RE BY FAR THE GREATEST TEAM,

THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN!

Go Arsenal! We got the win over Crystal Palace by RAMBO, and that's all that matters! :squee: :squee: :yay: :yay: :yay:

By the way, one of my likes on Facebook (KSI) Posted this for Man Utd :lol:

10583902_713302088757277_750715845905132

Edited by Sterling Crimson
  • Brohoof 1

Get in there Norwich! :D 3-0 against Watford isn't bad I don't think! Sorry to see Brighton lose again, hope things turn round for you guys.

All I gotta say about the Premier League... Lol Van Gaal :lol:

Until we get More players in, I can't see it being such a good season for Brighton, were leaving it late, that's for sure.

Since the football season's back, I'd figure we'd get  everyone talking about the beautiful game called Football Manager.

Here's some things you can do with a humble MLS club called Toronto FC (Canada team):

• Sign the next Lionel Messi.
  • Sign a Montenegrin wonderkid from Russia.
  • Score 2 goals with a Ghanaian defender from corners and win 5-2 when we were considered the underdog.

But I digress. I am frustrated that Chelsea won yesterday. Hmph. >_>  >_>  >_>

AND IT'S ARSENAL, ARSENAL FC!

WE'RE BY FAR THE GREATEST TEAM,

THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN!

Go Arsenal! We got the win over Crystal Palace by RAMBO, and that's all that matters! :squee: :squee: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Yessssss, another Arsenal fan, whooooooo!  :lol:

Any Cleveland fans out there? 

Wrong football, sorry to disappoint :P

but I'm 216 all the way.

• Brohoof 1

Yessssss, another Arsenal fan, whooooooo!  :lol:

Wrong football, sorry to disappoint :P

but I'm 216 all the way.

Sorry, I'm an idiot. :P

But when it comes to non-American football I'm team Germany all the way! (I was born in Germany, so I grew up around it)

Oh Ipswich Town, we're coming for you!! Fantastic 3-1 win for Norwich tonight, 2 last minute goals :D :D :D What a game! Norwich up to 6th, let's hope we stay up there.

The seagulls are up and running with a great 3 points away to Leeds!

2-0 win with goals from Teixeira and LuaLua, onwards and upwards! :D

Good to see, I hope Andrew Crofts is doing well for you, great player for us.

I'm a few days late, but a solid 3 points to start the year for Liverpool. We finally managed to beat Southampton... probably because we bought the entire Southampton team. :lol:

Wait a minute...Aren't Liverpool owned by the same owners who own the Boston Red Sox...  ;)

• Brohoof 1

Wait a minute...Aren't Liverpool owned by the same owners who own the Boston Red Sox...  ;)

Indeed they are. However, I was already a Liverpool fan for a few years before FSG bought the club. :)

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 1

Hell yeah........looking forward to this years season, but hopefully the NE Patriots play better.

EDIT: Wait, is this Football as in Soccer or Football as in American Football?

Well, my teams are Celtic and Arsenal. And it's been a "good" start for both despite with Celtic getting humped winning fantastically in the Champions League qualifiers. They're playing again tonight and I have a reasonable feeling we'll need to rely on UEFA win again. The league is a no brainer so my excitement for domestic football is totally on Arsenal. Finally won a trophy again last year and already won one this year, decent getting a draw in Turkey last night. I'm quite confident the Arse will manage at least 1 other trophy this year, personally I'm hoping for the quadruple! And I think I'm going to get down to finally see an Arsenal game this season (aiming for home at Hull 18th October) so that should be fun.

• Brohoof 1

Hell yeah........looking forward to this years season, but hopefully the NE Patriots play better.

EDIT: Wait, is this Football as in Soccer or Football as in American Football?

Football as in Soccer for you. I know there's a lot of American Football threads on the forum :)

Well, my teams are Celtic and Arsenal. And it's been a "good" start for both despite with Celtic getting humped winning fantastically in the Champions League qualifiers. They're playing again tonight and I have a reasonable feeling we'll need to rely on UEFA win again. The league is a no brainer so my excitement for domestic football is totally on Arsenal. Finally won a trophy again last year and already won one this year, decent getting a draw in Turkey last night. I'm quite confident the Arse will manage at least 1 other trophy this year, personally I'm hoping for the quadruple! And I think I'm going to get down to finally see an Arsenal game this season (aiming for home at Hull 18th October) so that should be fun.

The Quadruple is a bit of optimistic to be honest XD Especially how strong Chelsea and Man City look this season. But Celtic are rather lucky to still be in the Champions League. Felt sorry for Legia Warsaw for getting kicked out like they did.

• Brohoof 1

The Quadruple is a bit of optimistic to be honest XD Especially how strong Chelsea and Man City look this season. But Celtic are rather lucky to still be in the Champions League. Felt sorry for Legia Warsaw for getting kicked out like they did.

I'm living in a bit of fantasy world with that one I must admit  :lol: but if they do manage to magically do it I'll be rolling in the cash  B)

Yeah, Celtic are incredibly fortunate, only team who have twice in the last few years got knocked out of Europe but still went through because of technicalities. The team is just dreadful and deserved to go out. I honestly thought Legia would've got a fine at the most, but the rules ended up saying otherwise. Anyone calling that the tie be replayed though was absolutely insane  :derp: there's not one team in the world who would've turned their backs on the chance to go through regardless of how it happened. This might all be irrelevant anyway if they got totally hoofed by Maribor tonight.

I'm living in a bit of fantasy world with that one I must admit  :lol: but if they do manage to magically do it I'll be rolling in the cash  B)

Yeah, Celtic are incredibly fortunate, only team who have twice in the last few years got knocked out of Europe but still went through because of technicalities. The team is just dreadful and deserved to go out. I honestly thought Legia would've got a fine at the most, but the rules ended up saying otherwise. Anyone calling that the tie be replayed though was absolutely insane  :derp: there's not one team in the world who would've turned their backs on the chance to go through regardless of how it happened. This might all be irrelevant anyway if they got totally hoofed by Maribor tonight.

Wow Celtic have done that twice?! Can't remember the first time haha, it would be funny if somehow they manage to get into group stages and beat Barcelona again. But yeah, Legia didn't deserve the punishment, the player only played like 3 minutes! I remember Sunderland did the same thing last season, and they were hardly punished :lol:

Wow Celtic have done that twice?! Can't remember the first time haha, it would be funny if somehow they manage to get into group stages and beat Barcelona again. But yeah, Legia didn't deserve the punishment, the player only played like 3 minutes! I remember Sunderland did the same thing last season, and they were hardly punished :lol:

Yeah, happened in Europa League qualifiers against Sion in 2011. It was a bit different though, as Sion had been told by Uefa that they weren't allowed to sign any players, they promptly went out and signed a bunch and played 5 of them against Celtic. I remember the Sunderland thing, it had happened early in the season but was kept quiet until just about all the other teams had been relegated and when they found out they all kicked up a fuss  :lol:

Yeah, happened in Europa League qualifiers against Sion in 2011. It was a bit different though, as Sion had been told by Uefa that they weren't allowed to sign any players, they promptly went out and signed a bunch and played 5 of them against Celtic. I remember the Sunderland thing, it had happened early in the season but was kept quiet until just about all the other teams had been relegated and when they found out they all kicked up a fuss  :lol:

Well... Sion kinda deserved that one then, didn't exactly try to hide it haha :lol: 

Yup, I for one was a little mad when it all came out about Sunderland, mainly because I support Norwich and we got relegated :P

Hope Uefa and Fifa get a little bit more consistent with their punishments, some of their decisions are just confusing.