Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sports The football (soccer) season is back!

AtomicStone

I'm kind of curious to see if Leicester can hold on and surprise the heck out of everyone and win. But the Tottenham supporter in me hopes Leicester loses a few games between now and mid-May.

I like that Leicester is doing well, but I can't support them when the spurs are so close.

Meanwhile at the bottom of the table, it isn't looking good for Newcastle. Looks like I'll have to start following champions league.

What do you guys think will happen at the Euros 2016 that start in 2 months?

I will take a not very popular opinion and say that Belgian looks like the team to beat. They seem to have good players on every possible position. Courtois, Vertonghen, Dembele, De Bruyne, Hazard, Benteke, Batshuayi (watch out guys, he looks promising,) etc. And they had a bit of bad luck at the World Cup, getting out to Argentina. I can really see them as European champs.

Other teams i can see, are of course France. You should never underestimate the power of home advantage. With guys like Pogba, Martial and the young but talented Coman.

Germany are also always a threat. They might have looked bad against England, but they ran over Italy after that. They have Neuer, Hummels, Gündogan (who will become the new Schweinsteiger in my opinion) Müller and Toni Kroos. They always perform in big matches.

Surprisingly, nobody seems to have Spain on their card. I think they can make a big comeback at these Euros, even after the dissapointing world cup. They still have veterans like Iniesta and Ramos in their team and David De Gea is shaping up to be one of the worlds best goalkeepers. Be on the watch for them.

Teams i am also interested in, are Wales and Iceland. Wales live mostly from Gareth Bale and also Aaron Ramsey. While Iceland don't have necessarily the big name players, but have very strong team work.

I like that Leicester is doing well, but I can't support them when the spurs are so close.

Meanwhile at the bottom of the table, it isn't looking good for Newcastle. Looks like I'll have to start following champions league.

I think you might mean The championship? It's not all bad really. A very exciting league and in all likelihood, you will be coming straight back up next season.. More than I can say for Aston villa.

What do you guys think will happen at the Euros 2016 that start in 2 months?

I will take a not very popular opinion and say that Belgian looks like the team to beat. They seem to have good players on every possible position. Courtois, Vertonghen, Dembele, De Bruyne, Hazard, Benteke, Batshuayi (watch out guys, he looks promising,) etc. And they had a bit of bad luck at the World Cup, getting out to Argentina. I can really see them as European champs.

Other teams i can see, are of course France. You should never underestimate the power of home advantage. With guys like Pogba, Martial and the young but talented Coman.

Germany are also always a threat. They might have looked bad against England, but they ran over Italy after that. They have Neuer, Hummels, Gündogan (who will become the new Schweinsteiger in my opinion) Müller and Toni Kroos. They always perform in big matches.

Surprisingly, nobody seems to have Spain on their card. I think they can make a big comeback at these Euros, even after the dissapointing world cup. They still have veterans like Iniesta and Ramos in their team and David De Gea is shaping up to be one of the worlds best goalkeepers. Be on the watch for them.

Teams i am also interested in, are Wales and Iceland. Wales live mostly from Gareth Bale and also Aaron Ramsey. While Iceland don't have necessarily the big name players, but have very strong team work.

I think France will be big contenders this year. Being hosts of the competition more often than not gives the squad a big boost..mane with the players you just mentioned, along with Lacazette, Benzema, Matuidi. A lot of talent on show there, no doubt about it!

I get the feeling that an underdog will do very well in this competition though, I'm not sure who but I have a hunch.. Watch this space XD

• Brohoof 1

I think you might mean The championship? It's not all bad really. A very exciting league and in all likelihood, you will be coming straight back up next season.. More than I can say for Aston villa.

Yea, Championship. Lol, more proof I don't follow that league. Actually, I think that a season or two in a lower division will do Newcastle some good in the long run. They have a huge stadium and therefore more revenue than most championship teams, so they probably won't stay down for long, but I think it will give them a chance to get their sh** together without the pressure of the Premiere League. 

I feel bad for Aston Villa right now. They are a good club, but maybe, like I think will happen with Newcastle, some time in a lower division would do them good.

My brother has a mate who's an Aston Villa fan; he's practically gone into mourning right now. O_o On the other hand, my mate who's a Chelsea fan has gone very quiet as of late... it's looking as tho Chelsea won't even make Europa. What a come down.

Edited by Pripyat Pony
  • Brohoof 2

TMW you like watching football ( Soccer to us Murican's) and you still noob it up. I caught world cup fever and really need to get into watching more, hell of a sport 

I'm Canadian. I was there, once, too. Sometimes I still think I'm a noob because there's just so much of it in the rest of the world to follow.

I agree that it may actually be a blessing in disguise. The championship always has been a very tough and competitive league to get out of. So you're right in thinking it will set the club straight. You'll be back, I have no doubts.

• Brohoof 1

Wow, what a game that I witnessed last night..

As usual I went to watch Brighton play at home, this time against Fulham. A win would keep up the pressure on the other top teams of the championship and would send us up to second and we responded in the best way possible! 5-0 to Brighton was a massive message of intent!

The final 4 matches of this season are going to be incredibly intense, but we can do this.

post-19633-0-00175800-1460800727_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, what an end to the championship, this is going to be! A three horse race between Burnley, Middlesbrough and Brighton. With Brighton going to Middlesbrough on the final day.. what am amazing season for us though, no matter what happens now, the players have done our club proud.

post-19633-0-02535800-1461587581_thumb.png

LEICESTER DID IT. The most incredible underdog story I'll ever witness.

Though as a Liverpool fan it's kind of humiliating they won the Premier League before us ( ._.)

• Brohoof 1

LEICESTER DID IT. The most incredible underdog story I'll ever witness.

Though as a Liverpool fan it's kind of humiliating they won the Premier League before us ( ._.)

Congrats to Leicester from another Liverpool fan.

What they've done is amazing and it's nice to see someone other than one of the big clubs with all the money win it.

In my opinion, the best sporting achievement to ever happen. Truly inspiring, What a story!

definitely something to savour as we may never see another moment like this in our lifetime.

CONGRATULATIONS LEICESTER CITY FC!

• Brohoof 3

In my opinion, the best sporting achievement to ever happen. Truly inspiring, What a story!

definitely something to savour as we may never see another moment like this in our lifetime.

CONGRATULATIONS LEICESTER CITY FC!

I've got very mixed feelings about Leicester. I like that the underdog team won. I like Leicester, but I am a pretty big Tottenham supporter so I am kind of angry at Leicester right now. Overall, very exciting season. I also think Jamie Vardy is an overrated dick, but that is for unrelated reasons (sorry if you like him).

Now, since the race for the top position is mostly over, focus will turn to the bottom of the table where the race to stay out of relegation is so close. Newcastle is my team, so I am very nervous. 

Leicester have been such a breath of fresh air this season, so nice to see another team doing well and mixing up the top 6. Not gunna lie though, I think Tottenham are in an extremely strong position to win it next year, they have to be the favourites.

...As for my team Norwich, hello Championship football :(

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Leicester have been such a breath of fresh air this season, so nice to see another team doing well and mixing up the top 6. Not gunna lie though, I think Tottenham are in an extremely strong position to win it next year, they have to be the favourites.

...As for my team Norwich, hello Championship football :(

The race at the bottom isn't over, but as a Newcastle fan, I'm pretty worried too.

Edited by El Duderino
  • Brohoof 1

The race at the bottom isn't over, but as a Newcastle fan, I'm pretty worried too.

Yeah, it's gunna go right down to the wire, I just can't see both you and Sunderland going down. We've just been so bad this season, we kinda deserve to go down :lol: It'd be crazy to see a team the size of Newcastle down there... 

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, it's gunna go right down to the wire, I just can't see both you and Sunderland going down. We've just been so bad this season, we kinda deserve to go down :lol: It'd be crazy to see a team the size of Newcastle down there... 

It's happened to Newcastle before, they just have a large enough revenue just from the stadium alone that they never stay down for too long. Honestly, as long as Sunderland goes down, I'll be okay.

• Brohoof 1

It's happened to Newcastle before, they just have a large enough revenue just from the stadium alone that they never stay down for too long. Honestly, as long as Sunderland goes down, I'll be okay.

You just know if Newcastle or Sunderland go down they'll throw as much money as they can at the club to walk away with it. I'd say good luck staying up but if you stay up we go down :lol:

imo the championship is a better league anyway, even after this crazy prem season

The regular season ends soon, but the Euros are just barely a month away. Who do you think is probably the most overrated team going into this tournament?

If you asked me a few years back, i would've probably said england. But they have some very good guys coming up now. I don't think it will be enough for a title, but they probably do the quarterfinal, maybe semifinal.

But for me, Portugal is given way too much credit. The team is relying too heavy on Christiano Ronaldo, who in my eyes is not worth as much, if he dosen't play with his guys from Real Madrid. Portugal has a problem with getting proper goal scorers for years now, since Luis Figo Retired. Guys like Helder Postiga, Hugo Almeida and Eder, are average to above average strikers. Guys like Nani, are also getting weaker as time goes by and some sort of class is missing in the team.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

The regular season ends soon, but the Euros are just barely a month away. Who do you think is probably the most overrated team going into this tournament?

If you asked me a few years back, i would've probably said england. But they have some very good guys coming up now. I don't think it will be enough for a title, but they probably do the quarterfinal, maybe semifinal.

But for me, Portugal is given way too much credit. The team is relying too heavy on Christiano Ronaldo, who in my eyes is not worth as much, if he dosen't play with his guys from Real Madrid. Portugal has a problem with getting proper goal scorers for years now, since Luis Figo Retired. Guys like Helder Postiga, Hugo Almeida and Eder, are average to above average strikers. Guys like Nani, are also getting weaker as time goes by and some sort of class is missing in the team.

Got to agree with this. How Portugal are still regarded as a top team is beyond me to be honest and while Ronaldo is probably the worlds best player at this point, in a tournament like the euros, relying on one player is never going to end well.

As far as England go, I would say that I'm quietly optimistic! As long as we take full advantage of Vardy, Kane and Drinkwaters recent form we should be great going forward.. But my concern is defensively, our back four is definitely not something that I have complete faith in.. But we will see, should be a very interesting couple of weeks, that's for sure!!

As far as England go, I would say that I'm quietly optimistic! As long as we take full advantage of Vardy, Kane and Drinkwaters recent form we should be great going forward.. But my concern is defensively, our back four is definitely not something that I have complete faith in.. But we will see, should be a very interesting couple of weeks, that's for sure!!

The thing with England always is, when it really matters against big teams, they have the tendency to choke alot, be it because of too much pressure, be it because of bad luck, or be it just because they just don't play well.

I am very cautious, when it comes to england.

The thing with England always is, when it really matters against big teams, they have the tendency to choke alot, be it because of too much pressure, be it because of bad luck, or be it just because they just don't play well.

I am very cautious, when it comes to england.

I would agree, but England has some pretty damn good players this year (Harry Kane is a wizard). I think it would all depend on the management. In the past, England has had some (in my opinion) sub-par managers in the past.

• 3 weeks later...

England managed to pull off a last minute winner today against Wales, still not convinced we will go on to win the Euros but looks as though we will make it through the group stage this time.

(edited)

USA are down 1-0 to Argentina about 30 minutes in to the Copa America semifinal. Obviously this is a daunting matchup against the world's top ranked team and Guzan looked pretty rattled on the opening goal. I miss Tim Howard

UPDATE: Messi doing Messi things. rip usa

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 2