Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sports The football (soccer) season is back!

AtomicStone

Reasonable transfer wrap ups for my teams. Welbeck is a good signing, I did say before that his finishing is the only thing that lets him down, but hopefully with a run of games as a main striker he should come on leaps and bounds in that department. I think his link up play and movement will really help improve our attacking. Not to mention his work ethic. With him and Alexis Arsenal can really set about pressing teams higher up the pitch. No CB or DM is a huge disappointment though. Southampton got Alderwield on loan, why couldn't Arsene? Hell, I thought he could've even put a bid in for Virgil Van Dijk, he'd have done as some sort of cover. Oh, he's still with Celitc, why when he clearly didn't want to be there I don't know. Scepovic done another u-turn and decided he did indeed want to play for Celtic so that was done, but the deal for Gudietti from Man City hasn't gone through on time for him to be registered for the Europa League and Celtic need to apply to FIFA to get the deal sorted. I'd be very pleased to get him, always had bags of potential, just injuries have really held him back. Maybe he could turn out half as good as that last Swedish lad we had up front. But much like Arsenal we've failed to address the problems in the defence.

So, international football now... >_> I'll be back in two weeks

• Brohoof 1

Raritas' late report of the England vs Norway game:

Is it too late to pull out of the Euro's?  :wacko:

I am no longer a sports fan...I see it as silly as High School sports, where the school takes away funding from meaningful subjects that better students acedemically and socially (like band and art) and put it towards sports, which does little for a students' future and only a small fraction become professionals.

Why is my taxes going to new stadiums in Minnesota, when I live paycheck to paycheck, have no interest in sports, and could care less about the Twin Cities and it tourism industry when I don't even live there. That is something I dispise about sports. It's just like schools cutting funding for band, States direct funding towards tourism and entertainment when most people who are actually paying for that to be so can't even afford, let alone desire, to take part in that part of our economy (unless you work in that industry).

Other than the financial BS sports creates, I was a big Packer fan back in the day (I am originally from WI)....If anyone asks, yes, I still am a Packer fan....Ask me about the latest score and I might know who won, but nothing more (if that). It's the only sports team I'll say anything about because I am proud to be from WI....

• 2 weeks later...

Football is back! Norwich take on Cardiff, our fellow relegation rivals. It'll be a close game, both teams eager to get the points. Norwich have so far done the best out of the 3 relegated sides, so Cardiff will be up for it. They are at home, so that's going to go against us.

I'm hoping for a point at least, Grabban hopefully adding to his increasingly impressive goal tally. I hope some of the our deadline day signings get a chance, although I guess we don't want to mess with the fluidity of the current team too much. 

OTBC :D

Thankfully Bayern came away with a win vs. Stuttgart. Lovely to see goals from Gotze and King Franck Ribery!

Still not convinced by the entire display though. I hope to see Robben back, along out other players. If they and Lewnadowski can get back in form I think we'd be set!

• Brohoof 1

Football is back! Norwich take on Cardiff, our fellow relegation rivals. It'll be a close game, both teams eager to get the points. Norwich have so far done the best out of the 3 relegated sides, so Cardiff will be up for it. They are at home, so that's going to go against us.

I'm hoping for a point at least, Grabban hopefully adding to his increasingly impressive goal tally. I hope some of the our deadline day signings get a chance, although I guess we don't want to mess with the fluidity of the current team too much.

OTBC :D

I'm in Cardiff for the weekend so saw the fans making their way to and from the ground this afternoon. Great result for Norwich today!

More than I can say for our boys unfortunately.. Disappointing result loosing to Brentford away...

• Brohoof 1

I'm in Cardiff for the weekend so saw the fans making their way to and from the ground this afternoon. Great result for Norwich today!

More than I can say for our boys unfortunately.. Disappointing result loosing to Brentford away...

Wow... That was a game of a hundred emotions :lol: At half-time I was so disappointed. 2-0 down, our worst 45 minutes of the season. Then somehow we come back and score 4! :D:D Our best 45 minutes after our worst 45 minutes, talk about a game of two halfs haha, 2nd in the League, Get in!!

Yeah, unlucky for Brighton, been difficult for you so far. I hope Hyppia can turn it around for you guys soon. I reckon you will be around the promotion by the end, the Championship is a crazy crazy league :)

Edited by Raritas

Was surprised to see Brighton beat, hope you guys kick on and get into the playoffs. Hyppia was quite good at Leverkusen...until they just kinda collapsed. I didn't follow the Championship transfers much this season but have you been able to replace Ulloa (he's doing a lot better in the Premiership than I thought he might) with anyone decent?

Wow... That was a game of a hundred emotions :lol: At half-time I was so disappointed. 2-0 down, our worst 45 minutes of the season. Then somehow we come back and score 4! :D :D Our best 45 minutes after our worst 45 minutes, talk about a game of two halfs haha, 2nd in the League, Get in!!

Yeah, unlucky for Brighton, been difficult for you so far. I hope Hyppia can turn it around for you guys soon. I reckon you will be around the promotion by the end, the Championship is a crazy crazy league :)

Crazy result for Norwich. When I seen they were 2 down I thought Cardiff had it in the bag and was a bit shocked as I thought the game would've been a draw beforehand. But well done for the turnaround.

In past couple seasons I might've said drawing at home to Man City was a good result for Arsenal, but considering how they came back from a goal down and looked really quite good at times the draw was a bit of a disappointment in the end. Wellbeck was so unlucky not to score, fantastic clever little dink finish that was maybe just too clever. Great goals from Wilshere and Alexis, team looks to have so much more options going forward...it's the problems at the back that still exist. I'm just glad Wenger made sure to buy another defender and defensive mid...oh, wait :okiedokielokie:  Arsenal just shouldn't give corners away, just let teams get their crosses in as much as they want, might be less likely to concede that way  :lol:

Celtic won, so we're winning the league easy again...until the next poor result comes along.

• 2 weeks later...

After a crazy weekend of results...Man Utd  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Poor exit from Arsenal in league cup last night and they got absolutely hammered off Dortmund in Champions League last week. Think it might be back to a trophyless season again  :okiedokielokie: . Liverpool game last night went to a penalty shootout...with 30 penalties taken between the two teams  :o  :blink: I love it when keepers have to take penalties.

Really surprising Celtic result in Europa League, drawing 2-2 away to Salzburg...then they drew at home to Motherwell at the weekend. If they go out to Hearts in the cup tonight pressure is really going to be on this team.

Oh, and I'm not getting to go see Arsenal against Hull next month like I'd hoped, was waiting to see my friend this week to see if he'd definitely get the time off for it and the tickets have already sold out  :(

Nice to see Bayern back in form after a listless draw vs. Hamburg over the weekend. Paderborn were surprise table-toppers in the Bundesliga, but they couldn't contain that monster that is FC Bayern! I love it when Gotze scores, and great to see Lewa finally on the scoresheet again.

Get well Ribery! We miss you!

Ahh dunno if i ever posted on this or not, and boy am i freaking glad to be back~.

Can i ask am i the only real madrid fan that somewhat dislikes the whole "galacticos" thing?, After players like Ozil and Di Maria were shifted for "stars", it's making real madrid feel soulless, more so a brand than a football team.

i don't want James's and beckhams and all that. i liked more so your sneijders and Di Maria's and Makelele's.

Edited by EllieTheFuzzy

Ahh dunno if i ever posted on this or not, and boy am i freaking glad to be back~.

Can i ask am i the only real madrid fan that somewhat dislikes the whole "galacticos" thing?, After players like Ozil and Di Maria were shifted for "stars", it's making real madrid feel soulless, more so a brand than a football team.

I

I doubt you're the only one who feels this. Really, I'm a Bayern fan personally, but I seen similar comments to yours from other Real fans. It still amazes me we got Alonso from you guys.

I doubt you're the only one who feels this. Really, I'm a Bayern fan personally, but I seen similar comments to yours from other Real fans. It still amazes me we got Alonso from you guys.

You also got robben off of us guys when we chucked him. he was freaking amazing in 08-09 i remember. good luck to alonso, he was my favorite along with Marcelo

Marcelo is adorable <3

Edited by EllieTheFuzzy

You also got Robben off of us guys when we chucked him. He was freaking amazing in 08-09 i remember. Good luck to alonso, he was my favorite along with Marcelo

Marcelo is adorable <3.

To be fair you have an amazing midfielder in Toni Kroos; a product of the Bayern academy. I'm sure he'll become a key part of your club in the future.

Still, Alonso. Awesome.

To be fair you have an amazing midfielder in Toni Kroos; a product of the Bayern academy. I'm sure he'll become a key part of your club in the future.

Still, Alonso. Awesome.

I remember was it 08-09? or 09-10 Kroos was loaned to Leverkusen and was their best player there, was pretty sure leverkusen wanted to keep him permanently but Bayern said no.

(MY BRAIN is having a freaking horrible time of late, saying some really dumb stuff i am o-e forgive me if i do)

Edited by EllieTheFuzzy

Oh... my... Luna. I watched that game between Leicester and Man United, funniest thing I ever saw! :P Well, apart from MK Dons but I think I've said enough about that already. XD Flipping hell, what team loses a lead of 3 - 1 to lose 5 - 3? Man United, that's who!

Oh yeah, and a mate sent me this joke.

What do Manchester United and Richard the Third have in common?

They both got buried in Leicester.

:P

• Brohoof 2

i don't want James's and beckhams and all that. i liked more so your sneijders and Di Maria's and Makelele's.

You're not the only one. I'm not even a Real fan and I'm sad to see them ditch their best players in exchange for the big poster names. Still got Ramos and Casillas though, two true Real Madrid guys I absolutely love  :squee:

• Brohoof 1

I remember was it 08-09? or 09-10 Kroos was loaned to Leverkusen and was their best player there, was pretty sure leverkusen wanted to keep him permanently but Bayern said no.

(MY BRAIN is having a freaking horrible time of late, saying some really dumb stuff i am o-e forgive me if i do)

Unfortunately I wasn't a Bayern fan at the time, so I can't recall, but I do think you are correct. He was a standout player for the Leverkusen squad, and showed that he had potential.

And of course, thank you for Robben. Robben + Ribery = SO MUCH LOVE!!!

304071_heroa.jpg

Oh no, Norwich are losing form! 1-1 draw against Birmingham on the weekend and then a 1-0 loss to Shrewsbury last night :( 

Blackpool this weekend, I bet we will be their first win :lol: