Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Calling Ashley to the information desk... Ashley to the information desk.

Creamy Arty

Hey hey, it's me again with another announcement from the Q&A team! ^^

@Ashley, for those of you who don't know her, has been part of our design team for ages now and is a pleasure to know. As part of her ongoing conquest of MLP Forums and all things Poniverse, she has decided to get her hooves on the Site Questions & Tech support board next. She's already exhibited the requisite ability and interest to us and is a reasonable and sweet individual that we've no doubt will be able to fulfill this role as superbly as anyone. We've needed an extra set of hands over there anyway, so she came to us at a very opportune time.

Welcome aboard, Ashley! :squee:

• Brohoof 30

Ashley is, quite simply, an amazing person. I hope that no one allows the fact that she is "only" 13 lead them to underestimate her. She is more mature, articulate, capable, and intelligent than many older teenagers and adults I have encountered over the years.

I've talked (and still talk) to her a lot on a personal level simply because I love doing so, but I've also observed her overall behavior. She greatly exceeds expectations in regard to the kinds of moral character we look for in staff members. She is kind, reasonable, understanding, and overall a very helpful and good-hearted individual. 

Additionally, I've spent many hours with her going over the various duties of Q&A staff members, and she performed admirably in all respects. She learned the fundamentals at an impressively rapid rate, even some of the trickier details such as the use of the support ticket system on the staff's end. In fact, she's learning everything far quicker than I did. There are certain concepts and procedures she's understanding right off the bat that I didn't end up figuring out until I became an admin. 

This is also nostalgic for me. Q&A staff was the first staff position I had here. I was invited to it over a year ago, back in July 2013. I have since moved on to other duties, but I still try to assist with Q&A staff work from time to time. Having the opportunity to seek out and train new Q&A staff has been a real honor. Moreover, being able to train someone who is so pleasant and simply a joy to be around has been a really fun change of pace from the sort of things I usually deal with. 

Ashley has already worked a lot behind the scenes, and I'm eager to see what she can do now that she's officially staff. I really think she's going to be one of the best Q&A staff members ever, certainly better than I was.

So watch out, guys. Your questions are going to get answered.

• Brohoof 15

I feel like she changed a lot, because all I remember of her before the ban was her insulting me. I definitely should have talked to her more often back then to realize the truth :P

Anywho

How exactly does that work? Can't anyone answer questions there? Why are there staff members chosen for it?

(On my phone, please excuse any grammatical errors)

Congratulations Ashley <3

I've only really known Ashley for a couple weeks now, but I can already tell she's going to be an absolutely fantastic addition to the Q&A staff. She's super mature and really seems passionate about wanting to help people... definitely an excellent addition to the team, and definitely someone I'm thrilled to get to work with.

• Brohoof 4

Congratulations, waifu. :proud:

Although I can't write paragraphs like SCS up there, in the short time I've know you, I've grown to really really like you. You're truly an extraordinary person. And I know without a doubt that you will do fantastically as Q&A Staff.

• Brohoof 5

How exactly does that work? Can't anyone answer questions there? Why are there staff members chosen for it?

Anyone can indeed answer questions there. However, to ensure high quality support in that section we assign dedicated staff to it to deal with its overall management.

For example, Q&A staff members can approve or disapprove posts, allowing them to ensure that only accurate and helpful responses get through. They can also identify the best answer to a question and subsequently mark it as such for everyone's convenience. 

They also help deal with support tickets that do not require input from the administration.

• Brohoof 4

Darn that means I'm going to have to work even harder to answer questions before anyone else... :P.

I'm kidding I'm kidding. It's nice to see another staff member. I don't really know Ashley as I've only seen her a few times recently, but I have a good feeling about her. And the others who know her seem trusting In her, which reassures my belief that she will do well!

I guess I'll get to know about how she is as a staff, and maybe just get to know her in general.

Good luck Ashley!

• Brohoof 4

Ashley is an awesome person. I know she'll do well as a member of the staff.  I've only known her for a week, but from just that 1 week, I can already tell she's really mature for her age. Which is always a plus. She's easy to get along with,. she's just an all around great person. Not to mention she's Canadian. We need more Canadian staffers. ;)

Good luck on your new role, eh. :squee:

• Brohoof 4

Good job Ashley! I don't know her, but I have heard that she's an all around amazing person.

• Brohoof 2

Not to mention she's Canadian. We need more Canadian staffers.

Canada, eh?! 

But yeah, there aren't very many staff members from Canada.

Good job Ashley! I don't know her, but I have heard that she's an all around amazing person.

It's true.

• Brohoof 4

I haven't directly interacted with Ashley (at least that I'm aware of) ... but I have seen her posts and have been thoroughly impressed! Also, I second the thought that age means little when you conduct yourself like she does.

Congrats Ashley! :yay:

• Brohoof 4

Congrats Ashley on the new position!  It's a pleasure working with you along with the rest of the PR Team, and I'm sure you'll do great in your new job as well!!!  :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

Congratulations Ashley! 

I can't say I know you as well as I would like to, or that I've had many or any conversations with you. But I can say that together -along with Simon- we sure did give the players of the Forums Hardest Game a run for their money! From what I've heard above, especially from SCS is that you are a great, friendly person, and from what I've seen this holds true. I also must admit that the disclosure of your age did in fact surprise me, I would not have guessed it easily. You compose yourself very maturely, and in a manner of which surpasses your age considerably.  

Already in the time you've had to handle the Q&A, I've seen you that you are managing it superbly, and the MLP Forums Q&A is without a doubt in safe hands. I really hope to get to know you better, and once again leave those Forum Hardest Game players in the dust in the near future.

Good luck with your new role, and best wishes for the future. :)

• Brohoof 2

Ashley is, quite simply, an amazing person. I hope that no one allows the fact that she is "only" 13 lead them to underestimate her. She is more mature, articulate, capable, and intelligent than many older teenagers and adults I have encountered over the years.

I've talked (and still talk) to her a lot on a personal level simply because I love doing so, but I've also observed her overall behavior. She greatly exceeds expectations in regard to the kinds of moral character we look for in staff members. She is kind, reasonable, understanding, and overall a very helpful and good-hearted individual. 

Additionally, I've spent many hours with her going over the various duties of Q&A staff members, and she performed admirably in all respects. She learned the fundamentals at an impressively rapid rate, even some of the trickier details such as the use of the support ticket system on the staff's end. In fact, she's learning everything far quicker than I did. There are certain concepts and procedures she's understanding right off the bat that I didn't end up figuring out until I became an admin. 

This is also nostalgic for me. Q&A staff was the first staff position I had here. I was invited to it over a year ago, back in July 2013. I have since moved on to other duties, but I still try to assist with Q&A staff work from time to time. Having the opportunity to seek out and train new Q&A staff has been a real honor. Moreover, being able to train someone who is so pleasant and simply a joy to be around has been a really fun change of pace from the sort of things I usually deal with. 

Ashley has already worked a lot behind the scenes, and I'm eager to see what she can do now that she's officially staff. I really think she's going to be one of the best Q&A staff members ever, certainly better than I was.

So watch out, guys. Your questions are going to get answered.

I totally ship you <3 Ahh I need ship name ideas! O_O