Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which fandom is considered worse, Bronies or Furrys?

Twilight Mist

I better talk about the misconceptions about furries.

• 1.Furries like to Yiff

Reality check: yiff is a cry a arctic fox just as clopping is a sound of hoof steps. Back to the topic not all furries are like that, they prefer clean art more than mature art, in fact 80% of furaffinity member prefer G/PG rated art. I ready mention people draw furry for fun. 

• 2.Furries like to wear Fursuit and yiff out in them.

​Reality check: Not many furries wear fursuit, because they're expensive and hard to made. Some don't even like to wear suit.  We all know about the CSI furries episode, in real life those people would have gotten heat stroke because it is hot in those suit and why would they want to ruin a suit that they had spent a long tie making. 

• Brohoof 4

I think in order to adequately answer this question I would have to first:

1. Somehow know what non-members of these two fandoms generally think of them.

2. Care what non-members of these two fandoms generally think of them.

As I find myself unable to do either of those things, I will simply say that some people that don't like or "get" something will always always seek to demean or vilify it (or its fans).  Hence I "choose" apathy; those people are not worth thinking about at length.  Practically anything I like or do has its own special group of haters.

And the "shield" comment just made me imagine an anthro fox hiding behind a colorful pony.  I feel neutral towards this visual lol.

• Brohoof 3

I better talk about the misconceptions about furries.   1.Furries like to Yiff Reality check: yiff is a cry a arctic fox just as clopping is a sound of hoof steps. Back to the topic not all furries are like that, they prefer clean art more than mature art, in fact 80% of furaffinity member prefer G/PG rated art. I ready mention people draw furry for fun.  2.Furries like to wear Fursuit and yiff out in them. ​Reality check: Not many furries wear fursuit, because they're expensive and hard to made. Some don't even like to wear suit.  We all know about the CSI furries episode, in real life those people would have gotten heat stroke because it is hot in those suit and why would they want to ruin a suit that they had spent a long tie making. 

THANK YOU! Also, fursuits are very warm, and they are insanely expensive. I am having one made, and it is costing me 1000 dollars. That is a lower-end suit, compared to what is out there. Yeah, I'm sure some people get yiffy in them, but most people I know would not want to ruin such a large investment.

I'm a furry and a brony. ;n; I don't know which people see as "worse." I mean, all fandoms have their dark sides, unfortunately that's all people see in both fandoms, it seems.  I have stopped caring what people think. People who mind don't matter.

Edited by Inkscape
  • Brohoof 1

Which one is "considered" worst? Well, I've seen much more brony hate online than furry hate, so I'd say MLP fandom is considered worse from a "popularity" point of view. Personally I don't see fandoms as being better or worse than each other since all that would do is make people angry and cause hate, which really doesn't serve any purpose at all. :)

• Brohoof 1

Both fandoms are made fun of and disliked by a large amount of the populace of the internet, but by far, the furries are much worse, in terms of their fandom demographic, conventions, 'fur-suits', excessive sexual actions towards one another, and of course, their very explicit artwork, and those weird diaper pictures on deviantART. *shudder*.

But after all, turn down fur what?

• Brohoof 1

Both fandoms are made fun of and disliked by a large amount of the populace of the internet, but by far, the furries are much worse, in terms of their fandom demographic, conventions, 'fur-suits', excessive sexual actions towards one another, and of course, their very explicit artwork, and those weird diaper pictures on deviantART. *shudder*.

Are you being satirical or are you being serious about collectively lumping together the entire fanbase in that "description" that sounds like something quoted straight from FOX? I honestly can't tell.

Are you being satirical or are you being serious about collectively lumping together the entire fanbase in that "description" that sounds like something quoted straight from FOX? I honestly can't tell.

Turn down fur what, amigo?

Both fandoms receive harsh scrutiny. I believe the furry fandom is more in line to hide and take on more hate, even today. I noticed that the ones on my Facebook say a lot of hurtful things about bronies, they said statements like: 'we hate your fandom because it's childish [or] you're just a little faggot that likes ponies.' I know they're saying that because it's easy to hurt what you don't understand. We too hurt a lot ya know. Like you'll notice a myriad of insults on YouTube, for example. 

Too ponies said, there's bad apples all around, per fandom and what they say sometimes hurts individuals -- but they are only hurting themselves in the long run.

I like furries still, and I'll love the brony fandom, forever.    

^ EDIT: House rules!  :wub:

Edited by Stormfury

I think every fandom is gonna have its hits and misses. Quirks and pluses, negatives and positives. I don't like to slap fandoms down though and say 'oh ya that's waaaaaaaaay worse' then the other fandoms. I could say though that I'm just not into them because I'm not interested in their core foundations.

For instance furries, I dont join that fandom because I choose pony first. Furries are like animal huminoids and I'm just not down with it, cause it's simply not my thing. I either (in my own imagination) go as full long animal or not at all lol. In this case I love my ponysona.

• Brohoof 2

I think every fandom is gonna have its hits and misses. Quirks and pluses, negatives and positives. I don't like to slap fandoms down though and say 'oh ya that's waaaaaaaaay worse' then the other fandoms. I could say though that I'm just not into them because I'm not interested in their core foundations.

For instance furries, I dont join that fandom because I choose pony first. Furries are like animal huminoids and I'm just not down with it, cause it's simply not my thing. I either (in my own imagination) go as full long animal or not at all lol. In this case I love my ponysona.

Actually many people in the fandom have "feral" style characters that look like they do in the wild, they just take on certain human behaviors. It's not just made up of just bipedal characters. There are even Xenomorphs running around the fandom.  :blink:

• Brohoof 2

Well, I won't say that any one fandom is bad, worse, or more annoying than another, but I do have some complaints:

1. While I do agree that the quality of Sonic games isn't up to snuff, the amount of whining from the old school bunch seems to me to be somewhat...excessive.

The worst part is that many of the fan-haters are like that to, meaning you get it from both barrels. 

I am not a fury but I don't have a problem with them, and there are certain aspects of the brony fandom that annoy me but overall I like it.

i think they r like both bad on the same level because they both do weird stuff like marrying cartoon characters

A few other fandoms do that too, most notably ALOT of anime based fandoms so it isn't just a brony or a fury thing.

2. In the case of furries, there seems to be a small sect of them that treats being furry as something more than fandom or hobby. Something like being a furry is a life-choice akin to being gay or getting a job.

There are bronies that do that too, them and the white knights are the two groups in the brony fandom that test my patience the most.

There are diaper clop pics too (I don't know which one has more of them but still), just to let your know I don't really get the whole diaper thing but it is really none of my business anyway. And I have a few rather interesting fetishes as well so I feel like it is not my place to judge them, it really isn't anyone actually because it is their business.

• Brohoof 1

I would sound like a broken record and likely get dogpiled if I said furries at this point. Though if it is one thing I would point out, is what is with the constant comparison between the two?

I can say and compare the worst of the two fandoms, but I won't because it would fall under excessive vulgarity.

I know right? Some things are just too NSFW to even mention.

Expect a PM, I am curious to hear what you have to say.

Furries, they might be a smaller fandom but they are looked at as the public as people who dress up in fur suits and perform sexual acts, which is obviously not what the furry fandom is about. Although bronies are looked at the same way sometimes, but on a smaller scale.

I for one have respect for Furries because us bronies and them have a lot in common when it comes to the public view on us. What it all boils down to is what ignorant people think when they don't understand something.

• Brohoof 1

Depends on who you're talking to. To "normal" people that even know about this part of the internet (meaning memes, reddit, 4chan, YT, etc) associate bronies with furries if they ever hear about them. To them its just a popular subgenre. Therefore they don't consider bronies specifically worse. Just creepier when FOX news goes into 'detail' about the things they do (something they found on Encyclopedia Dramatica page)

I don't consider either worse personally, I think there just needs to be some point where we say "no.". If you're familiar with C&H you'll know what a  'trigender' pyro fox is. And to that, I say: No.

As for furries' opinions on bronies, they don't seem to respect us any less than themselves. In fact I'd say a lot of furry artists draw ponies because they consider them "fur" (or whatever you call it). I think we should treat them with equal respect as 'bronies'. There's weirdness in every fandom, we should embrace the good.

• Brohoof 1