Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your favorite season 4 episode?

Lunar Glow

The finale was amazing, people seem to be giving it some negative flak but I think its one of the best 2 part episodes yet. The music was really well done and there was even a 3D rotating shot lol

Well let's see...Pinkie Pride? Maud Pie? Rarity takes Manehatten? Pinkie Apple Pie? Testing, Testing, 1 2 3? Equestria Games? Flight to the Finish? For whom the Sweetie Belle toils? Filli Vanilli? Bats!? Twilight's Kingdom?

Too many to choose from. This season was just full of episodes I absolutely loved. I can't possibly pick a singular favorite.

I know many of you may disagree, but I find particular interest in "Filli Vanilli" and "Rainbow Falls".  These are pretty well disliked episodes by much of the community. I really don't know what to say about it, I just find the most entertainment in watching those ;)

• Brohoof 1

For me, that would easily be "Rarity Takes Manehatten."

For me, this had the best combination of voice work, story, character development, & comedy that the season had, and it is easily in my top-5 favorite episodes.

Plus, Coco Pommel is a BIG plus as well.

coco_pommel_happy_by_jeatz_axl-d727lcw.p

For me, I couldn't chose which one is great. I mean, even the episodes that drew a lot of flak are as equally great as the highly praised episodes of the season IMO.

That also applies to the entire show in general. I just watch if just to enjoy it, not to get a favorite episode. Also, if I had a favorite episode, I may get tired on rewatching it all over again... :lol:

Easily the two parter finale. Not only best MLP episode in the Season; best MLP episodes ever.

There are some that were close though: 

- Flight to the Finish

Rarity Takes Manehattan

- Rainbow Falls 

- Pinkie Apple Pie

Okay, gonna stop listing now. I realized that pretty much the whole Season was great.   :please: 

"Testing Testing 1, 2, 3" stood out to me because everypony got a chance to shine and in centered around Rainbow Dash, the best of the mane 6 imo (for now). The classroom scenes with Twilight and Dash were hilarious.

Second favourite is "For Whom the Sweetie Bell Tolls" because LUNA.

Edited by Mister_SGG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Another season finished, another review from me! On the whole, I would say season 4 was an improvement over the previous one. While I have liked all seasons, I consider it the second best after season 1.

As for my favorite episodes, I will give mentions to "Castle Mane-ia", "Flight to the Finish", "Somepony to Watch Over Me", "Maud Pie" and "Testing Testing 1, 2, 3". I might be forgetting some great ones and there were moments I really loved in several other episodes (Spike's Cloudsdale anthem in "Equestria Games" for one :D). This was the first season since the first one where I can say I liked all the episodes, the last two each had one weak episode for me.

But to save the best for last, "Twilight's Kingdom" was simply amazing. As always, part 1 just had the set-up for the awesomeness to come. But part 2... I don't think I can put it into words. The word "epic" is quite overused these days, but this episode absolutely deserves to be called that. I have called "A Dog and Pony Show" my favorite episode before. Has it now been beaten? I think I might call it a draw: the two episodes are very different but represent different sides of the show perfectly. But back to "Twilight's Kingdom": if someone had told me just a few months ago that a show called "My Little Pony" would contain something this awesome, I wouldn't have believed them at all. But here we are. My love for MLP is growing all the time and I feel sorry for the people that never see it.

All in all, a brilliant season of a brilliant show!

• Brohoof 2

There were so many good episodes in season 4 but I especially liked Filli Vanilli and Rarity Takes Manehattan.

Heh... I just saw this pop up on my feed, and my first instinctive answer to the question was "Caste Mane-ia"... then I realized I'd already posted in this thread in 2014, and  saw that 2014 me also answered "Castle Mane-ia"! At least I'm consistent!

Rarity Takes Manehatten gets a solid second place, though... just because of pole meme.

https://derpicdn.net/img/2014/1/4/515143/thumb.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 2014-08-09 at 7:33 PM, Lunar Glow said:

It was hard but.. "Rarity takes Manehatten"!

Know why?:

-A Rarity episode! Cuz' season 3 did a great job with THAT.

-Good music.

-Nice plot.

-Good lesson.

-A magical experience.

rarity___yay_by_quanno3-d53k0k5.png

Looks like this is an old thread that has been bumped, but I will still move it to the appropriate board.

Used to say "Twilight's Kingdom," but I need to be in the right mood for that one. "For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils" is probably the season 4 episode I like the most, but "Rarity Takes Manehattan" is the one which makes me happiest. 

• Brohoof 2