Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think of the "best pony" debate?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

It's fine as long as no one takes it seriously/too far or start attacking others since it's all subjective

Edited by Megas75

i think it is rather pointless because there is no real best pony it is all opinion but some people do take it way to far and then it turns into a huge flame war and no one likes those but really i think the debates are sorta kinda pointless because there is no like super real answer to that it is all just opinon.

Honestly, I find this specific debate to be quite annoying.

There is no such thing as "best pony". No matter how much you dispute and how good your argument is, "best pony" is subjective. It will always be subjective.

There is no right or wrong answer.

Everyone likes different things and I don't understand why some people get so defensive about who is the most incomparable, nonpareil, unbeatable, and all around supreme.

It's fine to take the show and its characters seriously, but sometimes people need to remember that it IS just a show after all.

I think it's all in good fun. That's all. I always say Discord is best pony, despite the fact that he isn't a pony at all.  :umad:

Ah yes, but realistically, they're all best pony, the way I see it. Every single character is unique and great and hold some kind of special meaning to each individual, so I can't really argue with logic such as that.

Though... King Sombra. Uff.. 

• Brohoof 1

Oh I love it when a fan if another Pony goes into why they respond to that character. It gives me insight into the fan since it can be so personal. On more than one occasion I have even had my opinion changed by reading a well composed post that shows me an approach to the character that I hadn't realized.

:D

• Brohoof 1

In most cases it is not meant literally, "best pony" tends to mean in nearly all contexts as just another one of saying favorite pony. There are some times where things can get out hand but most of the time it is people in a calm and civil manner describing why their favorite pony is their favorite pony. A lot of people have very personal reasons why their "best pony" is they favorite pony and I am one of them, I have made it no secret that I love Applejack but despite my personal preferences I can see why others can like certain other ponies as much as I like Applejack.

• Brohoof 2

Well, people are free to think whatever they want. Most people will prefer certain characters over others and that is perfectly normal. I certainly have favourites.

Now, starting from here, people are going to express their arguments and that is just fine.

But, to be fair, there is nothing to "debate" really.

This "Best Pony" debate is subjective. Ones "best pony" will vary from person to person. :maud: 

However,their is no debate that Pinkie Pie is best pony at being Pinkie Pie because she is Pinkie Pie and only Pinkie Pie can be best Pinkie Pie because Pinkie Pie is best Pinkie.   :maud:

• Brohoof 1