Banner by ~ Zero

Movies/TV Did anyone see Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods?

SaburoDaimando

I just saw this movie recently in theaters with my brother.  And all I can say is...completely hilarious.  The movie had some blasts from the pasts(Especially the return of a classic Dragon Ball antagonist), a comical antagonist, and even funny moments that gave me a good chuckle(Ex: Vegeta's Bingo Dance).

And yes, I will do a review on it later this week on my Youtube channel.

Anyone else saw DBZ: Battle of Gods?

• Brohoof 2

Is it the same as the japanese version? If so i din't care much for BoG,and SSJG was very underwhelming to me but atleast it was a funny movie in some cases and the fight scenes were pretty decent.  :maud:

Hopefully the next movie will be better.  :maud:

Actually, I wanted to see the movie just for the humor itself.

Actually, I wanted to see the movie just for the humor itself.

Well in that case im sure you were satisfied as it was quite a humorous DBZ movie,especially what they did to poor Vegeta and that silly dance,tho i chalked that up to character development as the old Vegeta would have never done something so...well selfless i should say,especially because of his pride.   :maud:  

• Brohoof 2

Badges

Well in that case im sure you were satisfied as it was quite a humorous DBZ movie,especially what they did to poor Vegeta and that silly dance,tho i chalked that up to character development as the old Vegeta would have never done something so...well selfless i should say,especially because of his pride. :maud:

Congraturation, you are now officialy 20% smarter thqn bingo-dance-hating DBZ fans. Sorry, did I say twenty percent? Try over nine thooousaaand percent.

• Brohoof 2

Congraturation, you are now officialy 20% smarter thqn bingo-dance-hating DBZ fans. Sorry, did I say twenty percent? Try over nine thooousaaand percent.

Oh, thank you for reminding me of the famous scene in the movie that got the crowd laughing up a storm.

• Brohoof 4

I quite enjoyed it. Good humor, plot was okay, visuals were great, and Lord Bills is easily one of my favorite antagonists (though I liked his Japanese VA better.) 

Lots of people were upset with Goku's god form, but look at Bills. He is also a god, and doesn't have some 80's hairband, overly extravagant appearance. They made it simple for a reason. The gods are meant to be average looking, but they wield incredible power. 

• Brohoof 2

/rolls around on the ground and whines like a child/

I want to seeee itt...

I WANT TO SEEEE IT!  MMMMAAAMMAAA!

/stops/

I want to see, ima a dbz fan if anything and Vegeta is my

fav cannon of DBZ but the clip of his singing had me laugh

so hard I had beer come out my nose painfully but I was

still laughing...

• Brohoof 1

While I didn't find time to see it during the limited showing here, I did see the Japanese version last year through...means.

I'll just copy and paste my thoughts that I posted on a different forum:

Meh.
There's a small few things I like about it. Some cool fight stuff, some nice cheesey classic Dragon Ball-ness. But it's significantly heavier on the comedy than the action side and I'm among the people who favour the action element of the franchise more; I have very little love for Toriyama's sense of humour.

Plus, while the animation is objectively produced better than the series ever was, I just hate the modernized art style. Every little nuance that made the style charming to begin with, in my opinion, has been streamlined away.
And there are a few brief moments of actually rather bad animation that I think would go by unnoticed to most, but I couldn't help but wince a little at.

In the end, I'll still definitely be grabbing a blu-ray copy when I can.

@SaburoDaimando  That's my first time seeing that part dubbed.  I have to hand it to Chris Sabat; his performance there is actually really funny.
  • Brohoof 1

The best DBZ movie in years, with an actual conflict that Goku has to pass through that means SOMETHING. Every DB Villain had a meaning, even the DBGT villains, with the exception of the movie ones. 

So, yeah finally Goku fought someone important, he first fought the Devil himself, then the most powerful of his race, then the most powerful being in the Universe, then perfection, then pure evil, and finally, a GOD.

I loved this movie, up there with the Bardock one, as one of the bests.

I saw it with a bunch of friends in the theater and we had a blast! I was dumb and cool and funny and everything I like about DBZ.

Don't worry.  The crowd was laughing up a storm with those moments, not to mention the return of Pilaf, Shu and Mai.  Also...BINGO!

The bingo thing had literally the entire audience clapping and applauding, it was great.