Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Personal superstitions.

GammaDove

What personal superstitions do you have?

For example, I put my thumbs in my pocket every time I pass a cemetery to protect myself from any bad luck, surprisingly haven't crashed while driving yet.

I think white pants are bad luck.

I mean you really don't know how often people sit down on a chair only to get up and realize they sat in red paint.

Happens all the time. Damn pants are a sin.

I think it's terrible ergonomics to lift things by putting them on your shoulder, unless it weighs less than 15 pounds (6.5kg).

Also, always do a 360 spot check before moving if you're reversing in a car, or else you'll get struck by a meteor.

Edited by Blue

I have a small jade heart my grandmother gave to me, and now i take the heart in my pocket to every exam, test or quiz. I left it at home once and i flunked the test, but if i bring it i pass with flying colors.

• 8 years later...

I like doing tarots card on myself every once a month. It’s amazing how accurate they are sometimes.

I avoid walking on seams in the sidewalk, I count tiles on floor and patterns on tablecloths, and I avoid saying certain things to certain people because I don’t want to jinx anything. A lot of this is radical OCD rather than superstition, but I guess the lattermost is somewhat superstitious.