Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

KokuraiNoSenshi
Go to solution Solved by Sir Fluffernutter,

So I am having an... Odd issue within the MLPForums as of this moment. My friend made me a lovely little transition avatar, but I cannot see to use it. Whenever I try & use it, it says that it is above 150kb (the max for an avatar). I would be inclined to just believe it & move on but... Well... My friend was able to use it. Tried refreshing the page to see if that would help, restarted client... Nadda. I use Google chrome, & I have tried saving the image onto my computer & then putting it on my avatar as well as using the link he gave me for the upload on tiny. Here is the image & link;

2dgjb85.gif

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2dgjb85.jpg

I know it works for him because I saw it on his profile after he put it up. Any help would be appreciated, & I will respond with an answer on whether it worked or not as soon as possible. For the record I do use Google Chrome, if that makes any difference

Well, I downloaded the same file that you've posted into your post. It says that the gif is in fact 186kbs in size, would you friend happen to be a staff member, or donator? 

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, upon inspecting the link you gave, and trying to use the "save" function within the forum board (which only re-directs to the tinypic image), and downloading the image, the size of the file is 186KB and is also a .jpeg instead of a .gif. Perhaps your friend sent you the wrong file?

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, upon inspecting the link you gave, and trying to use the "save" function within the forum board (which only re-directs to the tinypic image), and downloading the image, the size of the file is 186KB and is also a .jpeg instead of a .gif. Perhaps your friend sent you the wrong file?

I will ask him & give you an answer once he responds

It's because the file size is roughly 180KB, which is too large

I used this website to cut the file size down, it should work.

attachicon.gifflutterluna avatar.gif

Hope I helped :)

5 notifications later lol... Yes, this has greatly helped me. Thank you Fluffer, & everyone else, for helping me with this. Hopefully this is a one time mistake, & anymore I get from him will work fine. Once again, thank you all very much, & have a lovely day ^^

• Brohoof 2