Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv RIP Robin Williams

Moved to Elsewhere

Just...wow.... knowing Carlin and after he died I was like "I will never hear a new punch line or joke again that was so well delivered" then we have this....

He was funny he was awesome, and he really delivered like none other. *Places his hoofprint on a cross and places it in the ground* God Bless this man for his life, actions, and what he gave us.

There was a somber air around the studio today.  I think basically all of my coworkers found out about this through Facebook.

That big blue lug from one of my all-time favourite movies.  He'll be missed.

not to be the polar opposite here . But Im not at all fazed by this news

having lived through "shocking* news such as

Princess Diana
Michael Jackson
Steve Jobs
Sept 11th

just the top of my head for shell shocks if any one can even consider them to at all surprising.   For me which none of them seem surprising and nether dose this one.
Im waiting for the day when Will smith, Eminem, Bill gates, and a few others to expire if you wish to call it that.  

Im also waiting for the day when the world vs Russia Snaps and all hell brakes loose... that won't be at all surprising  ether

Defiantly would like Pinkie. There is a lot of art of the genie and Pinkie

img-2965822-1-___pinkie_pie_and_genie___

I agree. DagaYemar cast the right pony when he made this video on youtube

Pinkie as Genie

Rainbow as Aladdin

Also, do any of you also know that there's an Aladdin Musical Spectacular in California Adventure during the last decade to this very day where the Genie's lines are changed often to reflect current events? Well, one Genie performer usually would say his response to Aladdin making the promise to set him free as a "pinkie swear" with the finger and all. Not to ruin the moment, but would it have been funny if during one recent performance, Genie's stage performer instead of "pinkie finger swearing" responds with "Cross my heart and hope to fly/stick a cupcake in my eye"? :lol:

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

I remember the role he played in the movie "Jack". That movie was so emotional. Teared me up every time I saw it. That's his most memorable movie role for me. RIP

:(

I am actually very upset about this, Robin was a damn good man. Above the rest of many actors in my eyes.

He will be very missed. I honestly still can't believe he's really gone.

• Brohoof 1

His career seemed to be on the upswing too, another Mrs. Doubtfire and he was on a really good sitcom, "The Crazy Ones". It really is a tragedy when someone takes their own life. :(

• Brohoof 1

His career seemed to be on the upswing too, another Mrs. Doubtfire and he was on a really good sitcom, "The Crazy Ones". It really is a tragedy when someone takes their own life. :(

I called my Mom at the time when I heard there was going to be another Mrs. Doubtfire with him in it. 

I was happy in the past for him because after the One Hour Photo movie (some years ago), reports were he was doing considerably better with his so-called depression he was fighting. 

But a lot of great actors suffer depression. People might think depression's not a big deal, however it is. 

Again, farewell...

I was about too post a status about him,I known him from watching the movie "Hook" and he protrayed best as "Peter Pan" in the movie called "Hook" I was the one who kept watching "Hook".I also knew him from the show that is called "Mrs.Doubt fire" and on "Mork and Minday" show.

I was sad when I heard that he died,My dad told me.

I also was sad of the guy who was named "The crocodile hunter" or something called that,But I always loved watching him with the crodiles and other animals since I was a child.

I was too sad at hearing the "Oxy clean guy" die and his partner is now in the oxy clean commercials.

Edited by Felicia
  • Brohoof 1

Just found out about is myself. I didn't know much about his depression so I honestly did not see this coming.

He was a funny guy, it's a shame he is gone.

I also was sad of the guy who was named "The crocodile hunter" or something called that,But I always loved watching him with the crodiles and other animals since I was a child.

Thats Steve Irwin.... His death was sort of ironic really, years of working with deadly vicious animals and one of the most docile on earth just had to it him in exactly the wrong place...

• Brohoof 2

Just found out about is myself. I didn't know much about his depression so I honestly did not see this coming.

He was a funny guy, it's a shame he is gone.

Thats Steve Irwin.... His death was sort of ironic really, years of working with deadly vicious animals and one of the most docile on earth just had to it him in exactly the wrong place...

I forgot his name,Since it was so long because I haven't watched his shows.I knew that that's what my dad said as we'll I also did not knew Robin Williams was suffering from derepression ethier I agree he was funny guy.

Just finished watching Bicentennial Man for the first time since 2010 and now I've remembered why I used to watch this film all the time in the mid-00's years. The meaning of being human was touched upon throughout this film, and I love it, despite knowing it's sappy at times!

Also there's the fact that in the film, 

a little girl wanted to show her Crystal horse figure to the titular "Andrew" that is the "household appliance" of her family. He accidentally dropped it and it shattered to pieces. Of course, the little one was upset until "Andrew" craved an new horse figure out of driftwood all by himself.

I repeat: Something meant to be an household appliance did--to put it in his words--"nothing more than study the raw material for a time until one came to understand how best to crave it into a shape that would appeal to Little Miss's love of tiny mammals." Hmm... ;)

Many decades later, when stroke-stricken "Little Miss" was on her death bed in the hospital, she revealed to the android she--as a 7 year-old girl, gave the name Andrew to--kept the driftwood horse all these decades. :wub: 

• Brohoof 1

Just found out earlier today, and man, I can't believe it. The world has just grown a little dimmer.

Luckily, though, he can now provide advice for the life-design committee. I'm sure things will improve under his supervision.

img-526497-1-rainbow_dash_salute_by_atom

I heard about this, early yesterday evening on the radio when I was on the phone. I was so shocked about it , I almost dropped my phone thinking I had misheard. ...Hoping I had misheard. This man was a comic genius, and he was a big part of my childhood and adulthood. God, so many awesome movies I loved him in. He was one of the greats and will always be one of the greatest actors/comedians alive IMO.

This is one of the very few instances where the death of someone famous saddens me greatly, especially given the cause of it. He wasn't just someone famous, he was obviously someone that loved what he did. He played all of his roles excellently and with such heart.

RIP Robin. The acting you did created memories and laughter for me and for many others as well. For this, I thank you. I say this with tears rolling down my face.

• Brohoof 1