Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Is it weird that I like Game music more then most music genres?

Fantasma Phantasm

I'm just wondering what you guys think. I mean I enjoy SOME music, like Sting and Frou Frou\Imogen heap. But thats really it. I like all kinds of soundtracks in games especially the orchestra or the really fun songs! (Puzzle Plank galaxy.) That's my thing. I just can't stand most music\songs nowadays.  Now enjoy some Spagonia Night Stage! 

Edited by Fantasma Phantasm
  • Brohoof 11

Its not weird everyone has different tastes, in my case i like video game music but i prefer Anime music a lot as well specially heroic style or epic style music like these 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PHbR3xf6Vs sometimes the intros dont match the the ambience of the show so yeah we all have stuff we prefer which is a good thing if you ask me  ;)

• Brohoof 1

I find myself listening to more game music at times than not. Completely normal! xD

I recommend checking out Turtles in Time's and The Hyperstone Heist's soundtracks. They're amazing. :)

You should listen to this one too~ My favorite soundtrack and track from MarioKart period.

it reminds of deep water

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy
  • Brohoof 1

Not weird at all! Soundtrack scores are one of my absolute favourite varieties of music, video game soundtracks included.

I actually intend to use old 8-bit video game soundtracks as a platform teach melody and harmony writing at some point as a music teacher. Those old tunes were so cleverly written, given the limitations in the technology at that time.

Not to mention, modern video game scores have just as much value as many film soundtracks in their themes and the intensity of the emotions they evoke:

• Brohoof 3

@@(MARVEL) Blue Blood, I know quite a few good GBA songs!

This is a good one!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5n-s2JKCq4 I really like it for the finality of it!

OMG my favorite game!!! :( (nostalgia) Yes, every songs from Rescue Team and Explorers are simply fantastic.

I guess you dislike the mainstream music, since these are the products that you hear everywhere, while they bury the great stuff out of reach. When I was young, I didn't listen to any pop songs like everyone else, I would set my PMD Blue Rescue Team inside of the Great Canyon and listen to this for hours. But I finally managed to find my music style, prog rock. This style is more complex than any other styles, and video game music is quite semblable sometimes to that style because it shares emotion more easily.

If you are interested, I could send you a few songs, maybe that's why you seem to dislike non-video game music.

But for now, enjoy the Great Canyon ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I don't think it's all that weird. Lately, I've been listening to a lot of video game music more so than regular music.

Some songs like these stand out because they either motivate me or cause me to close my eyes and imagine something.

Edited by Gernia
  • Brohoof 3

Why would it be weird? The composers take a lot of time and effort to write their music; just like composers from any other sort of soundtrack type of music.

I mean, listen to this.

I wouldn't you love the hell out of this piece? Just this piece alone evokes so many emotions.

No, it is not weird. Enjoy the game music; my friend. ^^

@, I've tried to listen to modern day music. And a lot of it doesn't impress me. especially rap!

Modern music tries to make the most money out of their products, so they aim for what the majority of the population like: repetitive riffs and they follow a formula to make the songs. What I listen is something that completly breaks those rules, trying to make good and different music. Since video-game music doesn't follow this pop-formula, since they don't sell this music but try to share emotions through a soundtrack for better gaming experience, I thought that maybe you'd like my style. It's not modern music, the best comes from the late 60's up to middle 70's, when some artists got bored of pop music and decided to try something else.

I guess you enjoy Pink Floyd a bit... well, this group is one of the hidden entrances to this strange style called prog rock. If you wish to give it a try, I can send you the best to see what's your favorite style. :P It's up to you though. (Most of them are songs you heard long ago and some of them you never heard...)

• Brohoof 1