Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Is it weird that I like Game music more then most music genres?

Fantasma Phantasm

@, I have Halo 4, but didn't really pay attention to the music.I couldn't hear it anyway.

If your saying that due to the stule of the spundtrack, i totally agree. Strangely the music was too "nostalgic" and was more of a Movie type of soundtrack, not a gaming soundtrack. Hope Marty goes to 343 and does Halo 5.

• Brohoof 1

Final fantasy x has a way of combining music at the battle of the aeons. You see yuna bring each aeon out and then you have to destroy them one after the other to get at yu yevon and the music just sends you there with the emotion and gives you the feeling of sadness as you end your allies lives. The best battle in the game.

YES, YES, FREAKING YES!

I LOVE that track to pieces! Easily one of my favourites themes in gaming of all time! :yay:

• Brohoof 1

(*EDIT* Can't figure out how to embed YouTube videos here... nothing's working)

1) Click the share button on the vid

2) Copy the URL from the share section

3) Paste the link 

If it goes well, it should come out right

I did that, and it didn't work.  Also, the editor here doesn't allow me to paste, I have to type it in manually.  But even if I type in the link exactly, all it does is post a link, not embed the video.

Well, enjoyment is all linked to emotions. So if you have a stronger emotional attachment to music from video games then you are going to enjoy it more than standard music. Which isn't bad at all, personally after doing a rather nostalgic Silent Hill 2 run I've been listening to the soundtracks from the entire series. It is very well made music, and certainly has an emotional impact with me.

I only hope Kojima can make his new Silent Hills just as great as his metal gear series.

This song is from Earthbound/Mother. It is great. Just listen to them trumpets!

This song is from Earthbound/Mother. It is great. Just listen to them trumpets!

But Super Smash Bros Brawl used it for the map "Onett". That is why the video said "Onett Theme". Enjoy!

Edited by AppleMight

Ok, I'm going to try posting video links again:

*EDIT*  Success!  By the way, the above song from Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 is a remix of the theme song for the Game Boy game, Gargoyle's Quest (the game Firebrand is from):

Edited by Time Shield

Of course not, music is music. Whatever makes you happy and makes you feel the groove is good for ya. :)

I personally feel the same way about game music though. My mp3 player has 3000+ songs on it and only like 250 are non-game music. Due to the nature of game music and how it's associated with the tone the game is trying to make it has the ability to make you feel something specific without a single word.

It can make you feel determined and courageous

Or happy...

Or cold and somber

Or just plain silly.

• Brohoof 1

I'm just going to start by saying that I would probably 'hoof every single post in this thread, but I just don't want to read through 9 pages atm.  Hoofs for everypony!

That said, @@Fantasma Phantasm: weird?  WEIRD?  Are you kidding?  Game soundtracks are easily some of the best music ever made, man!  I like a great variety of music, but about 80% of my entire library is game soundtracks.  Final Fantasy, Halo, Zelda, God of War, Skyrim...these are undeniably masterpieces.  I'm also a fan of the more classic, "gamey" stuff, too.  I love listening to to 16-bit and even 8-bit classics. 

I've known a few older folks who don't know what game music is like today.  They're kinda prejudiced of it.  They're from older generations when game music was all 8-bit NES, and they seem to think that's what it still is.  When I meet someone like that, I always say, "Oh, I get it.  Game music isn't for you.  You'd probably prefer something more like this."  And then I play this for them:

And they go, "YES!  Exactly!"  Then I watch their face when I tell them, "This is from a game."  :lol:

• Brohoof 2