Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What software does The Living Tombstone use?

Funpony

This is for new remixers and their desire to be as awesome as The Living Tombstone. I have also wondered this and have emailed him about it. So I will post here as soon as I find you for myself.

• Brohoof 1

Does FL Studio have anything that helps you stick to a particular beat?

I ask because, a while ago, I tried to make an entirely a capella song with Audacity with multiple tracks, and I quickly found that Audacity wasn't the best tool for that---probably not what it was designed for.

I ask because, a while ago, I tried to make an entirely a capella song with Audacity with multiple tracks, and I quickly found that Audacity wasn't the best tool for that---probably not what it was designed for.

Audacity is like riding a tricycle made from scrap because you can't afford a real car, and attempting to do something epic with it isn't within its capabilities.

If you look at "Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" when he is featured in one shot, he is shown using FL Studio.

Don't forget Massive. That and FL go hand in hand with his music.

Yes it does, it has a patten arranger where you can arrange drums and stuff easy peasy and can set everything to one tempo.

Edited by Scootaloodle

Audacity is like riding a tricycle made from scrap because you can't afford a real car, and attempting to do something epic with it isn't within its capabilities.

I know.  I proved as much.  :pout:

Yes it does, it has a patten arranger where you can arrange drums and stuff easy peasy and can set everything to one tempo.

Cool.  Thanks for letting me know!  Someday I might try it, but not for my current project; I already replaced the music video with a different idea.

Don't forget Massive. That and FL go hand in hand with his music.

Darn that just means more money out of my pocket! FL itself is $100 with the app at $20!

(edited)

If this is a serious project, it is money well spent.

I am 12 I don't have this kind of money. Or time really I have school in the mornings Spanish after that then dinner then I just want to sit and watch Netflix! Edited by Funpony

I am 12 I don't have this kind of money. Or time really I have school in the mornings Spanish after that then dinner then I just want to sit and watch Netflix!

Lol, I guess so. Anyways, if you have the money, it is a good investment.

Since I created this topic I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this! You have helped me and others, so continue to give good Remix Software advise here!

• Brohoof 1

Well, you could always crack it

I have to say,though, fl studio is a difficult program to use. First you have to know how to use it, which can take a few months, depending on how often you practice

And when you finally know the things to make a song, your first 5 songs will sound awfull. (That is if you don't have any music experience, like I had when I started working with it)

All with all, it takes a lot of time

• Brohoof 1

Well, you could always crack it

I have to say,though, fl studio is a difficult program to use. First you have to know how to use it, which can take a few months, depending on how often you practice

And when you finally know the things to make a song, your first 5 songs will sound awfull. (That is if you don't have any music experience, like I had when I started working with it)

All with all, it takes a lot of time

This. You wont be a pro in 5 minutes just because you use professional software.

• Brohoof 3

• 1 year later...

Yeah, agreed. It's best for quick audio manipulations - changing sample pitch/length, ducking swear words, etc. But I would not recommend it as a DAW. I've heard good things about Reaper but haven't used it myself. I'm a Presonus Studio One guy myself.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, agreed. It's best for quick audio manipulations - changing sample pitch/length, ducking swear words, etc. But I would not recommend it as a DAW. I've heard good things about Reaper but haven't used it myself. I'm a Presonus Studio One guy myself.

FL is a better DAW then Reaper. Reaper's best ability is its vey stripped down, not very resource heavy (great for older computers), and free to try from the get go (it's nagware).  As people have stated Audacity is not a true DAW but is something good for recording a vocal wav and an audio file manipulation (used it to extract the audio from a mkw episode the other day and cut up the dialogue for use in a song w/o background music). 

FL studio is more difficult but has a lot more power and has a ton of synths, effects, samples, and vsts that come with it. As said it's been easily cracked. I use FL10 which is the most common version but they are on the updated FL12 at this point. Your DAW is your music engine so while it laps Reaper others DAWS will be similar to what you can do. Other DAWS may have a more logical flow. 

If you wanna make music prepare for a lot of frustration and loads of learning. You should give yourself a few years and not treat it as something you want to do for just a summer fling.  :grin2:

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 1