Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else both a furry and a brony?

Inkscape

Been into ponies my entire life, got into furry fandom a bit during college. Furry/pony designs get spliced together quite frequently in my art.

My fursona Mana Lai Ayerus- (drawings by me)

lai_ayerus__revisited_by_mana_maiden-d5g

mana___twilight__valentine__by_lightning

lai_ayerus__transformation_by_lightnings

Some custom pony figures of her I've done~

styling_sized_mana_lai_ayerus_by_lightni

sparkle_and_g4_lai_ayerus__my_fursona__b

Mana FiM-style with my loves' ponysonas~

15686_797435846974063_77332072912634272_

• Brohoof 2

Okay this thread has gone completely off topic.  I'm hiding some of the more off topic posts, but let me remind everybody what the actual topic of discussion is here.

This thread is to find people who are both a furry and a brony.  It is not to discuss what's wrong with the furry fandom, to debate being a furry, to discuss whether MLP falls into the realm of furries, or to try and convert people into liking furry art.  It's to find like minded individuals.  Please try and remember that and keep your posts on topic and appropriate.

If this thread cannot remain on topic it will end up being locked.  If there's an aspect about being a furry you wish to discuss or debate, you are more than welcome to find another thread on that subject or start one if one doesn't exist.  But this thread is not the place for it.

• Brohoof 2

I guess you could consider me a "furry", in the sense that I never have really been a part of the whole community, but I do really appreciate and enjoy a lot of the art that comes out of it.

Perhaps (not) coincidentally, my favorites have always been ponies/horses.  :grin: 

I've had to hide more posts.  Just another reminder that this thread is not to discuss clop or debate furries, it's to find people who are both a furry and a brony.  Please see my last post in this thread for more details.

If this thread continues to go off topic, it will end up being locked.

• Brohoof 1

I came into the brony fandom first, but found the furry fandom soon after and have been on and off about it ever since.

I used to be one of those guys who didn't like the furry fandom, but most of the people there are fairly nice and I'm pretty fond of it I must say!

I came into the brony fandom first, but found the furry fandom soon after and have been on and off about it ever since.

I used to be one of those guys who didn't like the furry fandom, but most of the people there are fairly nice and I'm pretty fond of it I must say!

Ironically, it was the complete opposite for me.

I came into the Furry fandom first and only recently have become fond of the Brony fandom

• Brohoof 1

I'm actually still in the fence of even calling myself a furry. So, I can't say for sure that I'm both.

I've always associated "Furries" are people who have a sexual attraction to beings with animal-like traits.

Like there are Bronys and there are "cloppers" there can be a distinct line between the two then in other cases the overlap quite completely.

Or am I completely misunderstanding the question here?

I've always associated "Furries" are people who have a sexual attraction to beings with animal-like traits.

Like there are Bronys and there are "cloppers" there can be a distinct line between the two then in other cases the overlap quite completely.

I dunno, I think it's just an overall interest in anthropomorphic animals. I don't think every furry necessarily has a sexual attraction to anthros, at least as far as I can tell.

Well, I'm pretty sure you can't be a Clopper without being a Brony, but you can be a Brony without being a Clopper.

I'm pretty sure Furrydom calls their equivalent "Yiffers", and you can be a furry without "yiffing". I should kno- Er...Nevermind!

I'm both a furry as well as a brony. But I'm a brony first.  I've made a lot of friends in the furry fandom, as well as the brony fandom. Hell,some of my furry friends are bronies. Being a furry is what actually got me into FiM, and eventually turned me into a brony. Since the furry fandom is everywhere, I caught wind of Friendship Is Magic in late 2010, when it was still new and relatively unknown. This was also back when I was as active in the Furry fandom/community as I am the brony one now.I may have gravitated towards being a brony more, but I still consider myself a furry.

Yep I'm a furry I kinda wanna save up and buy a fursuit but their so much money  :(

Some things I love most about the furry fandom is all the great art they make. Also when people are in the suits it's just so amazing making all the kids and adults smile and laugh!

Edited by Owlgal
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I wasn't very interested in the furry fandom. I've had a few furry friends and I sometimes drew their anamorphic animal characters for them, but that was it really.

• Brohoof 1

The furry fandom is the oldest fandom I have been a part of longer than a decade, my Deviant Art page is composed of mainly furry artwork, now half of that is pony art, but I like being a furry as much as being a brony. Although, I don't have a fursuit, I still consider myself a furry, and like pony art, I am learning how to draw furries, plus I do understand the misconception of furry fans being fursuiters, it is just like cosplay in anime or comic conversions, or historians dressing up in military or period apparel. After all, we are bronies, but many of us do not cosplay nor dress up in a pony fursuit, just as long as you have a hobby revolving around these fandoms, and happen to like ponies or furries, you can be participator or spectator, you don't have to fall for the popular stereotype of costumes, being for eccentric or nerds, if you want to dress up, that is up to you, but if you just want to see for yourself, go right ahead, I am an furry and an brony, and these two fandoms will remain in my fancy for years to come.  

I disagree with the claim that "if you like mlp, you are a furry".

Mlp could be humans and I'd like it just as much. As a matter of fact, I did enjoy equestria girls 1 and rainbow rocks. It wasn't as good as the show, but not because they were human. I like the human designs as much as the pony designs. They're both drawn well, I think.

Them being talking ponies has nothing to do with my taking interest in the show.

I am not interested in anthropomorphic animals.

I don't mind them, but it's not what draws me to the show which I think is what distinguishes me from a furry, who I believe is partly interested in the anthropomorphic animal aspect. It's not the only attracting appeal, but if its one that strongly draws you in, then that's when I think you are a furry.

Like I said, they could be human and I'd like the show the same. Not saying a furry wouldnt like the show if they were human, but also like I said, one of the many appeals a furry may find in mlp is that they are anthropomorphic animals.

Edited by pollo20x6
  • Brohoof 2

Well, inportant or not, I honestly classify myself as a brony and a furry, just as well as I am a brony and furry.  I mean, I could see why people seem to be insensitive jerks tacos about us bronies, and furries, due to "reasons."  But, I am proud to be a brony and a furry both.  Arguably though, I was a brony before I was a furry, because I became a furry through brony anthro art and various things like that, but after I embraced the furry community and the furry things, I actually felt very welcome, and just as well, I feel very welcome now!

I've been a furry in some way or another for as far back as I can remeber. Always havign a dog or cat around since birth, watching movies like homward bound ,shows like beast wars and having parents who share an interest in werecreatures pretty much set me up to be a furry. My brother getting the sonic games inspired me to look up fan art and the sonic sites I went to had plenty of talented furry artists and helped me branch out from there.

I'd definitley say being a furry has helped me becoem a brony. The ponies are indeed anthropomorphised characters and their design aesthetic was appealing to me as a furry and helped draw me in and compel me to investigate this phenominon back in 2012.

Theres the ongoing argument on whether or not bronies are furries, and to which I say that both sides are wrong. It's more like that Broneis & Furries are branches on the same tree, and that is an interest in anthropomorphised charatcers, whether thats being a furry, a brony, liking disney & loony toons, liking werecreatures or having an interest in anthro myths & legends from ancient history & folklore.

We'renot so different, and it is rather easy for us to be the same. Whether it's ponies or furries, we all have soemthing in common to bring us together.

post-18785-0-98237000-1419492706.pngpost-18785-0-41004800-1419492757_thumb.jpg