Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else both a furry and a brony?

Inkscape

9 hours ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Ewwww!

filler text

While it is kinda easy to be a Brony, it has been proven that it is okay to be one.

Furry on the other hand. I can barely stand looking at safe art. Just one little step deeper (not even Google's image search filter can protect you), and it gets so repulsive to me as an artist, that I have to deny everything furry. It is just that much worse.

I like cute things. I can accept animals. But just saying the word furry, and I am running!

• Brohoof 2

• 10 months later...
(edited)

I think i'm starting to feel better around bronies/pony fans overall. I feel like it's easier to know what to expect like it's just one show ya know (well several related ones) and it's kinda self contained. I feel like I can relax and be myself and not let the whole thing be consuming (for some people it is but in their choice).

Even though I don't feel I know as many ppl personally as i do furs just feels more sane lol even if that's just this forum.  Still like some furry art and still participate in furry stuff in the aspects I still appreciate. But in that fandom ppl bring in so many different things and it's weird and confusing.

Whereas in the brony fandom it's easier to distance yourself from things considering there is a focus. The lines in the furry fandom are way more blurred. After a while you think is just drawing any cartoon animals "furry".  And idk my idea of having fun isn't like fursuiting and parading around.

I'm sure they are cool and in a sense I wouldn't mind one maybe for dancing but they are expensive and honestly feel too consuming. Plus id get too hot and ill anyway aha. I just wanna be me and appreciate things. 

Also excited for g5 haha.  Still there are things to gain from both and still much i like and a bit of crossover too. Overall I just like animals though and expressing them with human characteristics whatever fandom or non-fandom or subculture that is.

Edited by flurry
  • Brohoof 1

If furries are people into animals going around in costumes, talking and living their lives like any other intelligent upright being, heck yes I’m a furry! There’s nothing I love more than animal characters in cartoons. So much variety and they’re so much fun. If only there were talking animals in this human world!

So I guess it’s official, I’m a furry and a Pegasister.

Moments ago, Sithbiscuit said:

If furries are people into animals going around in costumes, talking and living their lives like any other intelligent upright being, heck yes I’m a furry! There’s nothing I love more than animal characters in cartoons. So much variety and they’re so much fun. If only there were talking animals in this human world!

So I guess it’s official, I’m a furry and a Pegasister.

Me too, Dreamy. ^^

• 2 months later...

If a furry is simply someone who likes anthropomorphic animals then I'm technically a furry by definition.:ButtercupLaugh: I do feel more comfortable in the brony community to be honest.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
On 2020-06-08 at 8:52 AM, Tom Gallagher said:

I am a full on brony but not a furry. I do support the ones who are but I'm not, as far as I'm concerned. People in school used to say, 'If you're a brony, that makes you a furry as well!' I couldn't come up with anything witty to say back so I just kind of thought, 'You probably don't know what either of them mean!' :mlp_smug:

Yes, that makes me upset too. My sisters said I was becoming a furry just because I like My Little Pony. :dry:

No. There is only so much I can take against the angular face of this hard reality, for its love is a fixed angle of 90 degrees where all the cicles come to break. So, one has to be very careful with how much roundness you add to the square, if you wish to keep the wheel running, for a cuadrate wheel can become an immovable prison.

i used to be a furry, but then i got uncomfortable with the stigma around being one, so i just kinda stopped. also i just kinda lost interest. i love furries though, most of them are super nice! :mlp_icwudt:

but i still want a fursuit. maybe one of my ponysona or something 

Edited by brony_bonk

I find myself often surrounding myself with people from both fandoms but I don't think that I fully identify as either anymore as I'm not terribly invested in the cultures like i used to be. I was always much more of a brony than a furry though :)

I am definitely 1000% brony, but I will also admit and I hope this doesn't cause me hate with any other bronies around the forum, but yes, I have had an unhealthy fixation with anthropomorphic animals since I was literally 3-4 years old? I love everything from Sonic, to Animal Crossing, pretty much every platform game involving an animal mascot lol, it was part of my psyche from a very young age, and I grew up watching cartoons with animal stars, I think from every franchise from Star Fox to Pokemon, lol looooove Zootopia, I just want to find that picture "You might be a furry if you like any of these things" and I loved every single one lol... I don't have a "fursona" and I don't necessarily "prefer anthropomorphic animal identities" to   actual ppl, but I can admit I have an attraction for anthro animals and an obsession with almost anything involving them, as the protagonists, or just a curiosity or interest for anything involving them...

Edited by KingCorvus

I am neither furry nor brony. I find those two words to be for a lack of better words, not in good taste. The furry community has a lot of stigma I do not want to be associated with.

• Brohoof 2

I suppose you can say I am both. Don't like using the term "brony" for myself because I am female, but it is the easiest short-hand to refer to an adult fan of MLP, so I've acquiesed to it.

Though I don't really participate in the furry fandom itself because it is somewhat discomfiting to me. I don't mind sexual expression or anything, I just feel like in that fandom, people are a bit too public about their fetishes, and that's not something I like discussing with random strangers. 

Really, I only consider myself a furry in that I heavily prefer non-human creatures to humans and have a fursona I've been working on since I was a wee child. [Still working on finalizing it and am going to draw it as an Abyssinian/MLP anthro cat as my official MLPsona. My current pony avatar is just a pony disguise she has with a magical gem.]

That's one of the things that got my attention about MLP - it is a world entirely without humans, constructed according to ponies with careful attention to how they might actually express themselves and interact as quadrupeds and equines. I do prefer more anthropomorphic creatures though, which is why I was thrilled when the 2017 movie revealed the existence of bipedal cats, birds, and other species. The reason I prefer them is because they combine the advantages of being human [hands, bipedalism] with what I perceive to be the beauty and majesty of animals. And also, as a human myself, I do find it easier to connect to something that is shaped like me.

I was both formerly. I started as a furry and became a brony later. Nowadays I consider myself neither a Furry nor a Brony. I watch G5 and like fanarts of both fandoms, but I am not active in any of these two fandoms anymore (like going to conventions or meetups for example ... to be honest, MLP forums is the only contact I have to other mlp fans, and here also more in the off topic area).

• 5 months later...