Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Elements of War

Warrior Dark Void

Sign-ups and discussion: http://mlpforums.com/topic/107493-elements-of-war/?p=2978839

All is well. Everything is running happily along in ponyville, not a bad thing in anypony's way. The sky is clear, and many a happy pony stares up at it, thanking Celestia for this wonderful day. Yet the same sky is the last thing seen for the true heroes. Those ponies who stand in formation against an ever growing army of strange, evil ponies and gryphons. The battlefront is torn, the very few things built were to help those soldiers, such as hospital tents or a mere safe place to rest. Up against the lush green grass is a protective barrier cast by the Princesses, and beyond that are pools of blood, screams of agony, and death. One of the largest settlements outside the barrier is being assaulted. This is where most of the warriors find themselves, trying to protect this small town while everyone is evacuated. There are few buildings there, none over a single story, most made out of mud and are just one room. Even as the few remaining ponies attempt to flee the village, more are found in hidden rooms underground, and no matter how many are found, more seem to be hidden. The war rages on against the small town, and time is running out.

My breaths come quick and heavy. I barely have the strength remaining to lift my head; all I can see are my bloodied hooves on top of a lifeless corpse. I hear the tinkle of metal as my swords fall from my magic's grasp.

'These battles are getting tougher. I can't keep this up for much longer...' The pained thought drifts through my battered mind as I drag myself back to the camp, a few fellow soldiers in tow. As we near the tents and a small magic barrier that had been built, several ponies race out past us to the raging battle. I trudge through the tall barrier and collapse. I hear footsteps approach me as I feel myself being lifted by magic. I let a small amount of relief wash over me as I am carried towards the hospital tent.

Edited by Warrior Dark Void
  • Brohoof 1

Vorrin had been in the everfree forest. He had been sent out to intercept any messeges being carried by opposition. Still, he could not but wonder why this war was even happening. It all started so fast... Griffons and ponies alike were attacking equestria... Surely the truce with the griffon empire wasn't broken! Kazas, his friend and leader in the order, would have none of it! Even still, all reasons were moot for now. The best course of action would be to fight it out now.

He waited, lodging on a tree, hiding in the brush so that no one could see him. He decided that, since use of hyldran's power puts great strain on his body, he would only use it as part of an escape plan.

Movement. He could see multiple figures , five in total. A griffon and four ponies. Great.... They'd caught on to his operations. With all the messages he'd intercepted, it should have been obvious that they'd send backup for a messenger. Not only that, but the griffon was the one carrying it. If vorrin messed this up, the griffon would fly off with the message.

It looked like they were tired and were starting to set up camp. Two of the ponies went off toward a pond to fetch water. The messenger, who vorrin kept his eye on, had gone to do his business behind a bush. The other two ponies were setting up camp. Vorrin would have to take out the griffon first. He climbed down the tree and immediately went to

Work. He decided upon the cheapest tactic in the book: throwing a stone in the opposite direction and sending the two

Ponies away, looking for a falsely perceived threat. He grabbed a nearby rock, chucked it near the camp, and watch the ponies go toward area where it landed, alarmed by a large thud. He ran quickly, taking out his dagger and cutting across the now empty camp into the foliage where the griffon disappeared. He eventually found him. The griffon's back was turned and he was still relieving himself. Vorrin silently raised his dagger, and in one motion, planted it in the back of the griffon's neck while covering his beak with his hoof to keep a noise being made. Vorrin whispered. " I'm sorry it had to end this way... Maybe we can have an honorable fight in the next life."

Vorrin lightly let the griffon's corpse lay on the ground. He searched the body for a scroll, and found it. Now for the escape.

He drew his chained sickle and sheathed the dagger. His eyes started to glow purple. His body started sinking into the ground, no, a shadow. His own. This was the power the gargoyle ruler's soul had granted him, the power to bend shadows to his will, and even become one. The shadow became formless, and started to shift through the shadows of the trees. Being in the forest was like being in his domain. Shadows everywhere. Infinite hiding potential. The shadow travled very quickly on the ground, going from tree shadow to tree shadow quickly, and heading back towards the barrier, with message in tow.

• Brohoof 2

Bushido Blade marched up through the lines of ths army right in the thick of battle. She drew her bow in silence and downed two griffons with two arrows. ( Being blind, her other senses are enhanced. Being a ninja, they are further enhanced). She drew her four katanas and advanced futher striking down any foe in her path. However she was dismarmed by a stallion with swordbreaker who managed to catch all four blades at once. Being blind, she couldn't fibd her swords and had to fight him unarmed as they were too close together for her bow to be effective.

Edited by Dusk Shade
  • Brohoof 1

My eyes flutter open. The first thing I see is a nurse standing over me. I look at her silently, a question burning in my eyes. She sees it, laughs, and nods. I smile and spring out of the bed, my swords close behind me, each blade pressed up against my sides. I gallop out of the hospital tent and out into the field, surrounded by fellow warriors.

"Let our blades shine bright!" I shout, getting cheers in return as we storm out into the battle.

The thrill of battle. I spin and twirl, my swords flashing around me, felling several gryphons as I kick up a katana towards a pony frantically searching.

'Maybe they have trouble seeing' the thought passes quickly through my mind as the pony catches the blade and begins to swing at a nearby gryphon. I holler loudly and throw one of my blades forward, catching an enemy.

"It's all fun and games until you get hit" I mutter to myself as another gryphon hits the floor.

"Ah. But this is my domain!" I shout as I leap up, over an attack from behind. I land on the attempted assassin and plunge both blades downward. I step down off of the corpse and look around.

"I think we got most of em' for today!" The shout echoes through the area, followed by loud cheers.

"Warrior number... 57 will stand guard for the first hour." I groan and sit. This was gonna be one long hour.

• Brohoof 1

Bushido Blade sheathed the katana she had been. She found and sheathed her other blades as well before reclaiming the arrows she had fired. She placed her boww's string around her neck and let her bow hang. She walked to the pony who had retrieved her weapon. "I thank you for your assistance", she said bowing her head before walking back to the battle.

Edited by Dusk Shade
  • Brohoof 2

Eventually, vorrin neared the barrier as he exited the forest. The formless shadow had stopped before the edge of the Forest, and vorrin slowly rematerialized from the formless shadow. While he could keep that form even in direct sunlight, he preferred not to. It put too much strain on his body. Besides, he was nearly at the edge of town, near the barrier. He could see that it still stood, and there were numerous bodies outside of the barrier. Mostly hostiles, but some were friends. It was a shame that this was happening. But in the end, vorrin would do what he did best; protect his country any way he could.

He made it to the barrier, only to see a pony stading guard. It seemed as though he were somewhat lonely. He was equipped with two swords and looked somewhat important. Vorrin approached the pony, pulling down the hood of his cloak and pulling down the mask that covered his face.

@dark warrior void

" hey friend... I see you're standing guard here alone.... When I deliver this messege, would you like me to sit with you?"

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

"Thank you. It would be nice to have some company." I say with a smile. "There's only about fifteen minutes or so on my shift anyways."

The pony nods before racing off to deliver the message. As I hear his hoof steps fade, I rest my two blades in front of my in an X. One pale green, the other midnight black. They shine in the setting sun, reflecting their colors against my matted chest. Various patches pulled at my fur, some sweat, some blood, not all of which was my own.

"Man I must stink..." I mutter to myself quietly.

Suddenly the sound of horns fills the air as the sun finally ducks under the horizon, and a wonderous full moon slides into position.

'Thank you Luna for your wonderful night.' I close my yes and listen to the rising sound of crickets around me.

"The moon seems especially beautiful tonight." I hear Vorrin's voice from next to me. I open my eyes and look to my left, where my friend has seated himself. "Luna must be thanking you for your work today." I chuckle.

"Maybe..."

Edited by Warrior Dark Void
  • Brohoof 1