Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"THE BULLYING EXPERIMENT!" video

CosmicHooves

So when I was browsing around YouTube I found this video called "THE BULLYING EXPERIMENT!".

Basically it was test to see how people would react to real life bullying in public.

You think the "Stand Up To Bullying" programs are working?

Then watch this video and you'll realize how many people pussy out in these situations.

post-25645-0-03427500-1408059860_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I recall seeing that video and being taken aback by the lack of reasonable and cognitive intervention by others to help those who are clearly being subjected to physical distress by another.  :maud:

While im aware one must be cautious to not throw ones self into a possibly harmful situation,i found most of the peoples actions pertaining to the situation in the video quite despicable in all honesty.  :maud:

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills

Honestly this video shows how the stand up to bullying movement is not working we are told to stop bullying and yet we are told elsewhere that staying neutral when there is conflict is a helpful thing to us. But I think that this video will spread awareness but no one will do anything to try and stop it. Today's youth thinks that you can solve a conflict by sharing a video on Facebook, to solve a conflict you must act not sit idly while it happens.

Note: this comment is only how I perceive the world if you think differently or have knowledge that says otherwise present them in a respectful manner.

TBH I Probably wouldnt have done anything and been the pussy in the situation

Then again i would have probably been the one bullied

I Dunno I feel... scared in this situation, like "Holy shit somones being bullied what should i do!" or like the'll come for me next 

I would just be so suprised by seeing it that i wouldnt really know what to do

Anyways this video is really Fluffing stupid and just a perfect example of how pussy we are today

Sorry for being such a pussy

Edited by Eliash147

I think that what first guy who stood up against the "bullying," the one who recorded it, was probably the best example of what to do in that situation if you are too scared to actually do something about it personally. By recording it, that guy stood up for the victim while keeping himself in a safer position, since if the bully turned on him he could have escaped.

Stopping a bully does NOT require you to jump in & attack the aggressor. All it takes is words & a little thinking

• Brohoof 4

Alright a little thinking yeah maybe

Words fuck no

The bully will just turn on you depending on the type

Then you run, simple. This is a campus we are talking about, it isn't like you couldn't have run to the nearest teacher's office or other area where someone could have helped you

Are you f***ing serious?!? Did that one guy just record the bullying? Why didn't he at least try to step in? *sign* -_-

Maybe he was scared? Did you see how the majority of people just walked by or hell even stared without doing anything? Considering that, I think what the guy did was very brave, plus he stood his ground when the "bully" turned on him

I think part of the problem is due to something called the bi-stander effect. Basically, the more people there are around, the less likely somebody is to step in and help. For every other person there, the feeling of responsibility to help goes down as each person believes that somebody else will deal with it. I remember this one time, a dude was having a panic attack in the hallway. A bunch of people, myself included, sort of stood around until somebody who knew what they were doing came. Its a weird sort of feeling, like you want to help but cant. Notice how, when it was just one bystander in the video, people were more likely to help. Anyway, the point is that the reason people don't help isn't always because their bad people.

I think if you want to get people to be more helpful, you have to teach them that if they don't help, nobody else will. That shifts the responsibility directly on them and makes it more likely for them to step up.

• Brohoof 2

Actaually Ive seen worse Wait no, Ive BEEN through worse 

Like reporting it to higher authority and them Doing JACK SHIT

This is why my elementary school sucked 
And shit like this

• Brohoof 1

Maybe he was scared? Did you see how the majority of people just walked by or hell even stared without doing anything? Considering that, I think what the guy did was very brave, plus he stood his ground when the "bully" turned on him

Well, yeah, but... How would you feel if you were being bullied and someone just pulled out their phone to record it? I'd be pretty ticked. And, knowing the internet, they would probably mock you. (Considering the video does get uploaded)

Edited by Moonlight Magician

Well, yeah, but... How would you feel if you were being bullied and someone just pulled out their phone to record it? I'd be pretty ticked. And, knowing the internet, they would probably mock you

I think you're misunderstanding what he was doing. He was taking the video so he could turn it in to the school officials and probably the police if he had to. You know, video evidence?

• Brohoof 4

Well, yeah, but... How would you feel if you were being bullied and someone just pulled out their phone to record it? I'd be pretty ticked. And, knowing the internet, they would probably mock you

Thank god kids didnt have phones at my school or i would brake someones something

I would probably use that as evidence to get the guy convicted on criminal charges of assault & battery, of course. Besides, I would be more upset as I saw people walking by with not even a glance, or even WORSE, looking & doing nothing. At least then I would have some evidence to use, plus the man stood up for himself & the victim when he was turned upon, thereby standing up against the bully. Like I said, if you are too scared to do something get someone else or get evidence to use against him. It may not be flying in on a battle cruiser from Star Wars with a clone battalion behind it, but it sure as hell is better than having my face pounded in while people walked by

• Brohoof 2

I think you're misunderstanding what he was doing. He was taking the video so he could turn it in to the school officials and probably the police if he had to. You know, video evidence?

Unless you have morality or sympathy (Which most people nowdays dont)  I would imagine someone probably posting that on facebook or something 

Still i see what you mean by that and if the footage was used properly yeah it would work and be nice

• Brohoof 1

I think part of the problem is due to something called the bi-stander effect. Basically, the more people there are around, the less likely somebody is to step in and help. For every other person there, the feeling of responsibility to help goes down as each person believes that somebody else will deal with it. I remember this one time, a dude was having a panic attack in the hallway. A bunch of people, myself included, sort of stood around until somebody who knew what they were doing came. Its a weird sort of feeling, like you want to help but cant. Notice how, when it was just one bystander in the video, people were more likely to help. Anyway, the point is that the reason people don't help isn't always because their bad people.

I think if you want to get people to be more helpful, you have to teach them that if they don't help, nobody else will. That shifts the responsibility directly on them and makes it more likely for them to step up.

Ding ... ding.

Banul you get the problem in this video and I salute you. The question that people should be asking is how to overcome the lessened feeling of responsibility. All it takes is one person and then others key in. Maybe the video will bring awareness to this so the one person will stand up.

• Brohoof 3