116 users have voted

1. 1. So, what is it?

• Closet Brony
    • Hipster Brony
    • Moderate
    • Artist Brony
    • Shipper
    • Other

I'm fairly new to the fandom and I guess moderate would describe me best.

I have started buying merch (Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Derpy Funko models, a top trumps pack and the official MLP guidebook) and fully intend to buy more in the future. I also read the IDW comics I bought the soundtrack to the first two seasons on iTunes.

Both of my parents are aware that I'm a brony and and I have been to a meetup with about 25 other bronies but I don't think I'll be confident enough to announce it on Facebook or wear a pony shirt in public any time soon.

You can't be all of those things. Make a single choice poll next time, it makes more sense. I'm a moderate. I don't make artwork or anything like that, I just consume pony media and i'm not closeted about it.

I'd say moderate leaning hipster, as I don't take the fandom too seriously (like, something bad happening in it wouldn't ruin my day) but I DO have a few shirts and a bunch of figurines on my office desk.

On the internet I am way too invested into this fandom-- I draw art, I talk on forums, I listen to discussions, read fanfics, ship everything, etc. I don't have any merchandise, but I'm alright with that.

In real life I'm a slightly-out-of-the-closet brony. I know that with me being a girl and all I won't get as many weird looks, but it's still a hard thing to admit. I have a very long-standing reputation as a very non-"girly" girl, so even my family members were hit out of left feild when they found out... I can only imagine how my friends would react! xP I plan on breaking it to them when school starts.

I was never a closet brony, having been introduced to the show by a friend and being eager to join in his conversation. I would consider myself a moderate/artist brony. I make it a goal to collect a good deal of merchandise, but I only have a few shirts and am not interested in collecting certain branches of merch. I occasionally write fan fiction and create fan art, but this is a rarer occurrence and I'm sure I can comfortably call myself an artist brony.

Moderate: Yeah, the show is my favorite. There are a few exceptions here and there in comparison to some others such as:

-Not having a million pony toys. Mostly due to money problems, uninterest, and the shelf is covered with Bionicles. I WOULD buy an accurate Derpy plush, but those cost good money.

-I am more of a neutral brony. Those ones that don't mind people disliking MLP as long as they keep it to themselves. Also, I have a hatred for the ones that post irrelevant stuff on a non-pony video.

Artist: I draw ponies and I would make a couple videos. Sadly, I have no scanner, so you can't see them. Also, I have no ideas to make pony vids. (Have you seen our Carl vids?) The only pony video I've made was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHWFCwUNdhw&list=UUnYeBqY-w4UXFTPUay1l_IA

Finally, the "other:" One of those bronies who keeps secrets related to MLP. Call me a mysterious brony. 

Stopping at 666 characters. What loals! :D

So, what kind of brony are you? Below is a reference for types

Closet Brony: Doesn't want anybody to know his/her obsession over ponies. Might tell a few friends, but doesn't want anyone else to know, especially his/her parents.

Hipster Brony: Buys all the merchandise, always has the shirts, and keeps up to date on anything pony coming out.

Moderate: Likes ponies, likes merchandise, but doesn't  completely go crazy over his/her ponies.

Artist brony: Draws characters of the show, makes music, and usually likes to buy prints

Shipper: No pony, this is no place for you.

Other: A brony that just doesn't fit any of the categories.

Artist brony. I'd also call myself a closet brony but my parents know and are ultimately fine with it. I still would prefer not to harp on my liking for the show much.

I mostly love watching the show, reading the IDW comics, getting some plush merch., and viewing pony videos on YouTube, esp. My Little Disney by DagaYemar.

I do like looking at shippings, as well.

However, I won't call myself an Artist Brony until I get this fanfic I've had in mind for a year now written and posted online.

Edited by WiiGuy2014

Option number Three. I like MLP a lot, but I don't need the material expression of this form of information to prove myself attached to MLP. I don't feel the need to have t-shirt screaming for me, that I like MLP. Other human beings, naturally realize I like the show, without me even talking about the subject. It's kind of funny.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
(edited)

Moderate.

I don't hide that I like ponies, but it's not all I talk about...I watch the show, that's about it, If I had more money I'd get more merchandise, and probably cosplay or go to bronycon, and get a drawing tablet and probably draw OC's (but draw other stuff too.) 

Edited by Screw Loose

• 6 years later...

I'd say a moderate Brony at the moment - would probably have said "Hipster Brony" in 2014/2015 but I'm not as crazy about it as I used to be (even if I'd still consider it my favorite show). G5 may revitalize that if it's good though.