Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where do Ponies get leather?

Carbon Maestro

Why ELSE do you think they farm Cows, chickens, pigs and other animals? Oh and I am pretty sure I have seen them eat meat before... hold on a sec.... aha

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111130183814/mlp/images/2/2e/Applejack_doesn't_know_what_to_eat_first_2_S01E22.png

What is Applejack about to nom right there?

Well for one, cows for milk, chickens for their egg's of course. But otherwise you do have a point, there is no use for the pig though

There are plenty of magical beasts and such in the Everfree Forest that are not sapient. It's not unreasonable to assume somepony might have killed a few and made leather from them. This explanation also works since they don't need to kill for food or sport, only in self-defense.

Oh, and as for why a farm run by herbivores would keep around pigs, that's simple: farms need manure.

• Brohoof 1

My OC wears leather armor, and I get asked on RP forums alot how my character got it since ponies are herbivorous and most likely don't kill cows. I would think that there's creatures in the Everfree forest that has skin or something that can be made into leather.

Edited by PoeticJustice

• 1 year later...

Did you know there are laboratories that can grow live tissue? My guess is that Braeburn's garments are made of cloned skin that was never a part of a live animal!

I may not even be leather. But (this was already said) they never say that they don't kill in Equestria. They only say they are vegetarians. And even if ponies don't make it, maybe they trade with others who do.

The cows in the show are replicated into the void and then are killed and the leather is made. Whenever a pony wants to use that leather, they'll reach into the void and grab the leather.