Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Your favourite Star Wars character(s)?

Derpaholic

It's hard to say, because i'm not a Star Wars hyperfan, I only like those movies. I think, that I like almost every characters, but I very very like Han Solo and Darth Vader.

Thrawn had more natural intelligence than Palpatine (Palpatine's only advantage was his Force insight.).

Perhaps, but even so, Darth Sidious was still highly intelligent and sophisticated in his strategic approach.

He was a man of big pictures and grand visions.

The problem was that Sidious was also a narcissistic psychopath, which lead him to become careless, arrogant, and blind to his own mistakes and shortcomings

Perhaps, but even so, Darth Sidious was still highly intelligent and sophisticated in his strategic approach.

The problem was that Sidious was also a narcissistic psychopath, which lead him to become careless, arrogant, and blind to his own mistakes and shortcomings

The "psychopath" part made him a Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant.

Historically, Boba Fett has been my favorite.

1360175536_boba_fett_movie-oo2.jpg

The guy is a damned badass :D One of the best Bounty Hunters in the galaxy, escaped the Saarlac pit out of sheer will and some awesome armor, captured Han Solo, led the Mandalorians through the Yuuzhan Vong War...the guy kicks ass :D

What cements him for me is how he was actually a part of my childhood. My dad was a pretty big Boba Fett fan back in the day when he was a teen, and when the prequels were released, he always said I was like Boba and he was like Jango. He compared us to many things, saying things like "Cowboys from Hell" by Pantera was our theme song and whatnot, but that was the most memorable of the father-son comparisons to me :D 

Gotta give my favorite one to Boba, but coming in at #2 would be Han Solo :D

• Brohoof 3

img-2995536-1-1360175536_boba_fett_movie

The guy is a damned badass :D One of the best Bounty Hunters in the galaxy, escaped the Saarlac pit out of sheer will and some awesome armor, captured Han Solo, led the Mandalorians through the Yuuzhan Vong War...the guy kicks ass :D

What cements him for me is how he was actually a part of my childhood. My dad was a pretty big Boba Fett fan back in the day when he was a teen, and when the prequels were released, he always said I was like Boba and he was like Jango. He compared us to many things, saying things like "Cowboys from Hell" by Pantera was our theme song and whatnot, but that was the most memorable of the father-son comparisons to me :D 

Oh my, how could I have forgotten about him. Boba Fett is great character with interesting story and overall appearance. He is not my part of childhood as I was always "OMG JEDISSSS LIGHTSABERZZZZ" but when reading about characters, their whole story, attitude. It changed my view on him. To be honest I hope to see him in episode VII. He is a great character and needs more developement in movies. 

• Brohoof 1

R2-D2 steals the show every time!  I also really like Ahsoka, along with several other characters introduced in the Clone Wars series.  From the movies, Qui-Gon, Han, Chewie and Vader top my list for sure.

img-2995536-1-1360175536_boba_fett_movie

I like how he learned from his father's mistakes.

• Brohoof 1

Remember, kids, the Galactic Empire would never have been possible without him!

Bullshit. It would have happened, anyway.

Palpatine would have gotten his emergency powers one way or another. The Sith wielded such influence in the Galactic politics by that time.

Bullshit. It would have happened, anyway.

Palpatine would have gotten his emergency powers one way or another. The Sith wielded such influence in the Galactic politics by that time.

Yep.

It's just, of all people to give him said powers...

4.Stormtroopers/Clones

I love both of these soldiers because they surely suck, but they have awesome designs, and united, they're fearsome armies of warriors.

3.Darth Sidious

Most enjoyable character in the entire franchise. One of the most wise, and the most wicked for sure, he also was the most evil, since he has certain crimes against the entire GALAXY.

2.Yoda

A great mentor, he was a very good character, just like Darth Sidious, in both the Originals and the Prequels.

1.General Grievous/Darth Vader

A tie between the most bad-asses of the bad-asses.

Darth Vader tops this rank for obvious reasons.

Grievous on the other hand always sucked, in both the third movie and in the Clone Wars.

But in the Animated Series, he was the most awesome cyborg of all time.

4.Stormtroopers/Clones

I love both of these soldiers because they surely suck, but they have awesome designs, and united, they're fearsome armies of warriors.

3.Darth Sidious

Most enjoyable character in the entire franchise. One of the most wise, and the most wicked for sure, he also was the most evil, since he has certain crimes against the entire GALAXY.

2.Yoda

A great mentor, he was a very good character, just like Darth Sidious, in both the Originals and the Prequels.

1.General Grievous/Darth Vader

A tie between the most bad-asses of the bad-asses.

Darth Vader tops this rank for obvious reasons.

Grievous on the other hand always sucked, in both the third movie and in the Clone Wars.

But in the Animated Series, he was the most awesome cyborg of all time.

Why'd they turn Grievous into such a goofy mustache-twirler after the Clone Wars Animated Series?

• Brohoof 1

Why'd they turn Grievous into such a goofy mustache-twirler after the Clone Wars Animated Series?

I think they first introduced Grievous as a method of something the jedi would fear. And for a good reason. In his best days he killed +100 jedi.

That was until Mace Windu broke his lungs and Count Dooku stupidly never repaired him. At that point he became more coward, and his fighting skills were much worse, unlike when he was a fierce murderer that used intimidation and fear as a weapon.

YES!  This is my new fave topic y'all.

It's great to see so many people involved in the expanded universe, especially after Disney decided to make all of that non-canon officially :(

My favorite characters (so hard to choose!) are:

Qui-gonn Jin because of previously mentioned reasons, LIAM NEESON, and his blade color just so perfectly reflects his character.

QuiGonPortrait-SWE.jpg

Han Solo because HARRISON FORD and I would love to be like him in the SW universe, spice smuggling, blasters and whatnot.

Original%20Trilogy%20-%20Han%20Solo%2007

• Brohoof 1

Ahsoka Tano

Anakin Skywalker

Asajj Ventress

Barriss Offee

C-3PO

Cad Bane

Count Dooku

Grevious

Hondo Ohnaka

Lando Calrissian

Luke Skywalker

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Palpatine

Qui-Gon Jinn

R2-D2

Rex

Yoda

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

And yes, Mr. Sidious was all that.

So many characters to choose from, but I gotta say my top favorites are:

Darth Vader

Boba Fett

Luke Skywalker

Han Solo

Ahsoka Tano

Shaak Ti

Plo Koon

Qui-Gon Jinn

Asajj Ventress

Darth Maul