Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your thoughts on teens who are way too focused on their love lives?

Glaci

I think masses like these will always exist. I'm not going to precisely describe my opinion but I can say a bit about it. It's normal.

You might think it's weird, a waste of time and just straight out dumb but there are some people who just can't live without a lover. 

Your sister probably has had so many relationships that she can't distinguish an actual love between all these relationships. 

She's probably young and she will grow out of it soon. 

• Brohoof 1

love is an amazing feeling that i think everyone deserves to experience, even if they don't fully understand it

in my opinion, life is completely miserable without a significant other

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

As long it’s not harmful to them or other then I don’t care. But being overly obsess about it is a bit much. Kids need to learn to enjoy other parts of their youth lives before adulthood hits them like a bitch it is. 

• Brohoof 2

Yo dudes, my thoughts are like dude don't get in a relationship until you know what you want try to get to know yourself better and I personally try to stay abstain from sex until married or with the person I want to be with. So I never focused on it but rather find the right person for me if you are doing that is a good thing. Though I feel like a lot of people feel they have to do this and that right now you can wait my dudes.

• Brohoof 1

Too focused? Like they need to focus on something else?
Let teenagers be teenagers.

And about love.... Love cannot be prevented.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

This was 80% of the teens at my old high school. This was my ex-best friend.

Some people are just afraid of loneliness, and have to constantly be assured that they matter. Others just feel like they just need the "experience" and want to know what it feels like to date and experience what love feels like. 

I can't tell you HOW MANY TIMES I would be walking down the halls and pass teens making out against the lockers. 

Edited by Emerald Heart
  • Brohoof 2

16 minutes ago, Emerald Heart said:

I can't tell you HOW MANY TIMES I would be walking down the halls and pass teens making out against the lockers.

Well, at least they are not leaning against the lockers browsing their cellphones? >_>

(edited)
Just now, Super Splashee said:

Well, at least they are not leaning against the lockers browsing their cellphones? >_>

Many did that as well. Didn't bug me at all.

Edited by Emerald Heart
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Right now, I am more concerned with teenages or children being too close to me. They don't seem to care about COVID-19.

• Brohoof 2

I think that love is an important factor in anyone's life, even teenagers. I do think that it shouldn't be something that they should prioritise on, but it's a natural thing to experience and learn from. That being said, I had a friend who went through at least eight breakups in less than a year, so I can tell you that isn't a smooth idea to blindly rush into things.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Cash In said:

I think that love is an important factor in anyone's life, even teenagers. I do think that it shouldn't be something that they should prioritise on, but it's a natural thing to experience and learn from. That being said, I had a friend who went through at least eight breakups in less than a year, so I can tell you that isn't a smooth idea to blindly rush into things.

That's fair, but it can also be a big distraction from stuff like work, studies and other stuff. Some people get way too invested into their love lives that they forget that they have other things in their life too. 

2 minutes ago, Princess of Bolts 🔥 said:

That's fair, but it can also be a big distraction from stuff like work, studies and other stuff. Some people get way too invested into their love lives that they forget that they have other things in their life too. 

I agree. There needs to be a balance with those things, but I guess teenagers aren't very good at that. That's talking from experience.

• Brohoof 1

I find it annoying if it affects people around them like my ex friend was so heavily obsessed “girl night” became a night where he had to join, so not really a girls night anymore, he really had to come everywhere and even in the car they’d non stop call each other even w friends

• Brohoof 1

35 minutes ago, Cash In said:

I agree. There needs to be a balance with those things, but I guess teenagers aren't very good at that. That's talking from experience.

While I have never experienced love and stuff like that, I do agree as a teen that teens are terrible at finding balance between stuff.

Tbf tho parents aren;t that helpful at helping their child find balance. They all have their own expectations of what they want their child to do and stuff that usually clash with what the teen wants.