Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Brony-dad

Jabrony

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony: Fluttershy

How did you find MLP Forums?: Google

How you became a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: I have a daughter who recently got into MLP and we watched it together, ended up liking it as much as her.

Hello, I'm pretty new to this MLP stuff but I like it. I'm a single father who shares custody of my daughter with the ex-wife. My daughter who is now in 2nd grade recently got into MLP earlier this summer. I started watching it with her and quickly found out I enjoy it as much as she does. Usually it's the other way around and I get her to enjoy stuff I like such as Doctor Who & Naruto. For the last year my daughter spends every other week with me and it's been tough not being with her all the time since the split so it gives me something else to enjoy with her. The ex thinks it's "weird" that I enjoy MLP but doesn't mind, we both offer things to our child the other can't so it balances out.

I was a little shy to talk about MLP but after watching the brony documentary I've learned bronies come from different walks of life and have been a lot more comfortable with liking it now. I really like that its a simple, easy to watch entertaining show that sends a positive message.

Other things about me: I'm 30 & an Army veteran, work as a school district AV tech spec, TV buff (Community, The Office, 30 Rock, Doctor Who, GoT, TWD, Parks & Rec, Arrow, Trailer Park Boys, etc.), pro wrestling fan, music fan of ska, punk, pop-punk, hardcore... basically bands you'd find on Warped Tour which I've attended almost every year since '99. I'm herbal friendly and own a medical card. I'm also sports a fan of Arizona Cardinals, Phoenix Suns, Diamondbacks, Coyotes & U of A Wildcat basketball/football. Most of all my favorite & most important thing in life is my daughter, hands down.

I look forward to talking about pony stuff with all of you.

• Brohoof 3

Hello and welcome! Great to hear that parents are getting into this whole thing by being involved in their children. This community is fairly friendly, with a very wide and diverse crowd, I'm sure you'll find other people with similar interests soon.

I was also in the military, as a MP and did a tour in the sandbox. As for liking warped tour, we have several other members who go to it anually and I'm sure you will be able to talk to them soon.

I hope you enjoy your time here and brohoof /) feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to help out.

• Brohoof 1

Sorry things didn't work out with your ex, but it's really most admirable that you're dedicating to being there for your daughter no matter what! You're living half the dream I wish to accomplish some day! A warm welcome to the herd, good friend. B)

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 2

@Jabrony, First things first ... welcome to the forums!

Now .. as a 37 year old father who shares an obsession with these colorful pastel ponies with his two daughters as well (a bit other than yours-- they are in their early teens) let me just say it's awesome you found this place. I'm proof positive that there is no age limit to the fandom and liking the show. It's great you still have that sort of relationship with her -- but you didn't need me to tell you that. :D

Wear this with pride (actually that doesn't make sense for you to wear it ... but you get the point)

205483_popup.jpg

I also have to say you have great taste in entertainment. Feel free to add me as a friend. Hope to see you around

fluttershy_hug_by_c_h_loboguerrero_c-d4y

• Brohoof 1

Welcome to MLPForums!

I'm Wander and look forward to seeing your posts.

I hope you enjoy your stay here and if you need anything just ask.

Feel free to add me as a friend. Brohoof! /)