Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc An Unexpected Trip to the Human World Reboot (OOC)(On Hiatus)

Hypn0ticD

Name (First and last): Mike Sanders

Height (Feet and inches): 6'3"

Weight: 190lb

Eye color: green

Hair color: Dark brown, almost black

Backstory: he lives a quiet life. Mostly focussin on his hard studies, that go quite well by the way. Beyond studying he likes to play guitar, play video games and he likes to build things. Though he doesn't give himself much free time, it mostly goes to studying. (Should i add more?

Where do they live?: (Fuck. I really don't know man.)

I think you would get a lot out of looking at the post by Niosnios one page back. He posted a lot of questions that if you answered even a few of them for your character you'd be much better off.

Also locations are easy, here are just a few that you could choose:

Houston, Texas.

Little Rock, Arkansas

Miami, Florida

Denton, Texas

New Orleans, Louisiana

Anchorage, Alaska

If he's studying Architecture you could look up colleges and choose a college for him to go to. Then you also have a location for him

• Brohoof 1

I think you would get a lot out of looking at the post by Niosnios one page back. He posted a lot of questions that if you answered even a few of them for your character you'd be much better off.

Also locations are easy, here are just a few that you could choose:

Houston, Texas.

Little Rock, Arkansas

Miami, Florida

Denton, Texas

New Orleans, Louisiana

Anchorage, Alaska

If he's studying Architecture you could look up colleges and choose a college for him to go to. Then you also have a location for him

Thanks, does the city have to have a university in real life?

Thanks, does the city have to have a university in real life?

I'm not sure how realistic this is supposed to be, that's something for HypnoticD to answer. I'd rather be safe than sorry and go for a city with a university.

I'm not sure how realistic this is supposed to be, that's something for HypnoticD to answer. I'd rather be safe than sorry and go for a city with a university.

They said it'd go all over the world, then i'm going with Nijmegen, Netherlands. It's the only city i'm 100% sure that has a university.

@@Gloomfury, What Miss Reaper said. XD I have a similar situation with my OC Diego; he has a black mane, so apart from the red eyes, he's going to look fairly normal. But he's not going to react very well into turning human, which will be the giveaway. XD

@@Hypn0ticD, Could you post the list of who finds who in the first post? I keep forgetting... :blink:

(edited)

@@RainbowDashie,

The town doesn't need an actual university, as he could always travel for school. Just place a city down.

To answer an earlier question, romance is allowed, but is not a requirement. It's also not required for love to be reciprocated. In other words, Mike can fall in love if you want him to, but whomever he falls for need not return the feelings if the RPer doesn't want them to!

@, @@Pripyat Pony, @, @@00Pony, @, @, @@SilverHeart, @@Gloomfury, @@Windbreaker, @@SilverHeart, @@GeneralDirection, @@Firehearted, @Miss Reaper,

Recap post for Pripyat, and everyone else!

Queen Chrysalis will be found by Stephen Hagemann

Princess Cadence will be found by The Jaeger Family

Terra Lionmane will be found by Catherine Bellamy

Corsica will be found by Akatsu Zakaev

Shamrock will be found by Clare Blake

Avarice will be found by Amber "Amy" Mira Church**

Aegis Dare will be found by Shawn Hagemann!

Princess Luna will be found by Colette Irving**

Diego will be found by Dennis Papagiannis

Mirror Image will be found by Aidan York Walker

Fluttershy will be found by Alex Jones

Applejack be found by Bowen Aquila Connery… what are the odds??

Rainbow Dash will be found by Chloe MacMaolán

** Avarice and Luna are going to come in later! (Don't pull a DBZ and take forever, guys!)

Atlas Lightfeather, Cicada, and Princess Twilight will still need human partners!

Again, not too happy with my results, but here is the revision:

…Taking in the moment with relish, Avarice cackles madly as what had just transpired stuck the elder princesses, before doing the unthinkable -- she sets about opening small "tears" all about, whinnying in glee as Equestrains were sucked through!

This brings the princesses out of their shock, attacking vile dragon pony in hopes of sealing her once more!

The Mane6 join in on the attack, managing to corner Avarice before she fires a magic blast at them, separating them, before opening another tear beneath their hooves. Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy are sucked into the tear, disappearing into the unknown…

Avarice once again lets loose whinny of triumph before disappearing into the chaos. She had went too far!

The royal guard join the Princesses and the remaining former Element Bearers in pursuit of Avarice, only to be ambushed by the Dragon Pony.

The posse is separated again, and this time Princess Cadence is caught in another tear before Avarice once again takes her leave…

Now, to go about placing it without breaking my internet again…

@, @@00Pony,

I will need a city that your characters live in or near. This will relevant to the first post!

Edited by Hypn0ticD

Equestrian Application

Name: Twilight Sparkle

Species: Alicorn

Approximate Age: Late 'teens to early 20's

Height: 3'11" / 5'9"

Weight: 109 lbs / 132 lbs

Eye color: Violet

Mane color: Indigo with pink and purple highlights

Description of pony form: Twilight is an alicorn with a gentle lavender coat and indigo hair that is cut in a simple, straight style complete with even bangs across her forehead. Her violet eyes are sharp, intelligent, and yet always hold a certain warmth for her friends. Ever since ascending into alicornhood, she has grown somewhat; not a drastic change, but she does stand a few inches taller than most regular ponies now, and her horn has become longer as well.

Occupation: Princess of Friendship / Key of Magic / Former(?) Librarian

Other distinctive features (if any): She has a horn and wings. That's not distinctive enough?

Backstory: From the time she was a young filly, it was obvious that Twilight Sparkle had a great potential for magical power. After witnessing Celestia raising the sun at the Summer Sun Celebration, she was inspired to start studying magic herself, reading book after book. It wasn't long before her parents enrolled her into Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns.

The entrance exam was to hatch a dragon egg. But Twilight, stressed under the scrutiny of the judges, couldn't focus her magic at first. Then the Sonic Rain-boom happened, and somehow it jump-starts her magic, which she immediately used to successfully hatch the egg (which had Spike inside, of course). However, her potent magic quickly got out of her control, unleashing chaos inside the room. Celestia, noticing what was happening after a giant dragon (Spike hit by a wild ray of magic) burst through the ceiling, she went in and approached the filly; after a gentle touch on the shoulder, Twilight was brought down from the out-of-control burst of magic.

Celestia had never seen such raw power in such a young unicorn. She offered to take Twilight as a personal student and Twilight, along with the encouragement of her parents, joyfully accepted. And so, Twilight Sparkle became Celestia's protégé, learning to control her incredible magical power.

She grew up surrounded by books; she lived to study and practice magic. She wanted to learn all that she possibly could! But one day, she was tasked by Celestia to go to Ponyville and do something that hadn't really crossed the studious unicorn's mind: make some friends. Twilight, of course, obeyed the wishes of her mentor and went to Ponyville, though she was reluctant to have to befriend the ponies there when she could have been studying some more.

At first, the ponies of Ponyville nearly drove her insane, claiming that all the ponies in this town were crazy! But throughout the ordeal with the prophecy of Nightmare Moon's return, which did come to pass, she realized that she was growing close to these five other ponies... and eventually realized that they were her friends. That moment of realization ignited the spark within, and the Elements of Harmony came to the call of friendship to defeat Nightmare Moon.

From that point on, Twilight has had an amazing journey with her friends by her side. With each adventure, the six ponies only grew even closer together. Twilight continued to learn everything there was to know about the wonderful magic of friendship, until one fateful spell brought on an incredible moment. The moment that it was realized she had come to truly understand friendship on the deepest levels. It was that moment, when Celestia herself appeared before her student and told her that the time had come. When all was said and done, Twilight was left with a new pair of wings at her sides. She had ascended, worthy of the the title: Princess Twilight Sparkle.

Her journey didn't end there, of course. She still has much to learn as she settles herself in this role. She has already learned a fair amount since becoming a princess, and as always, she still craves to learn about everything she can. The young princess seems to have adjusted to her role at least somewhat, and feels more comfortable handling royal duties as she shares her wisdom with her subjects and friends, calmer and more level headed than she's ever been - though sometimes, she still does tend to overreact just a little.

Whatever comes her way, she knows she can get through it, as long as she has her fantastic friends!

Description of human form: Twilight as a human will, of course, have the same indigo hair complete with pink and purple streaks, which will likely stand out among the average human populace, not to mention that her violet eyes will be considered unusual. ('Are you wearing contacts?' 'Excuse me?') She will be fairly tall, again taller than most of her friends, thanks to her 'alicorn height' translating over. She will also be relatively slender and thin. Her complexion will be a medium to light olive tone.

Cutie Mark: A pink six-pointed star, circled by five smaller white stars.

------

I feel like it's a stretch making her so tall... But I've seen her in the show, and she is indeed taller than her friends, and I thought it should be the same when they're humans. >w<

Also may have overdone the backstory, but I'm kind of proud of it, heh.

• Brohoof 2

That was quite a read...

However, violet/purple eyes do exist, they're just very rare

Why, thank you! ^-^

And yes, I am aware that there is such a thing - but like you said yourself, it's a rare thing; so most people will still see it as unusual at the least, heh.

• Brohoof 1

Why, thank you! ^-^

And yes, I am aware that there is such a thing - but like you said yourself, it's a rare thing; so most people will still see it as unusual at the least, heh.

I actually kinda hope that, if i'm in, i get to find Twilight. It would fit in with Mike studying and stuff.

@@Hypn0ticD

I will need a city that your characters live in or near.

The Jaeger's will live in the same place Logan did in the original: Manheim, PA.

Amy... I still have no clue where Amy would live. Same with Aidan.... Umm.. I'm going to say Aidan doesn't really 'live' anywhere, he moves around a lot. So he does have a small house in the Los Angeles, California area, but he's practically never there and instead tends to live in hotel rooms. However, for the sake of convenience, I will say that he is on his way back to L.A. at the start of the RP. I would have him start overseas somewhere, like Europe, but I really have no idea how anything works over there, as I've never been.

I'm also going to say that Amber lives in... Gaaaaah let's just say she lives in New York, somewhere around the Manhattan area. I can't think of anywhere else.

Bowen should be fairly self explanatory. He lives in Colorado Springs, Colorado, home to the United States Air Force Academy, which he's only about a thirty minute drive from. 

@Miss Reaper,

Overdoing a backstory is better than half-assing it! And yes, Twilight is taller than the average Pony; I'm actually glad you caught that!

Twilight is SOOO approved!

I don't want to seem nagging or anything, but is my character approved? If not, what should i improve?

I don't want to seem nagging or anything, but is my character approved? If not, what should i improve?

Well like I said earlier (well I inferred it) I have no say whatsoever in this, but I would recommend answering the questions Niosnios posted one page back. With that your backstory will expand from one paragraph to something slightly more in depth. I think if you take the time to do that you'll have a greater shot of being accepted.

Let me share my honest opinion here. The last time this role play went on, it lasted a year or so. You need to be prepared to have this go on that long. Quality posts are something I personally believe to be required. If you can't give a medium length quality background, I don't believe you will be able to give a detailed post either. I didn't really try on my backstory, mostly because I know Hypn0tic trusts me to make quality posts.

Remember folks - just an opinion.

• Brohoof 5

@@RainbowDashie,

SilverHeart and PWD hit the nail on the head! I don't need your app to be EQE level, but I wanna see something about your character! Several lines about him isn't enough!

It seems like you're having a hard time now, and you may be in over your head when I the actual RP up…

@,@@Pripyat Pony, @, @@00Pony, @, @, l@@SilverHeart, @@Gloomfury, @@Windbreaker, @@SilverHeart, @@GeneralDirection, @@Firehearted, @Miss Reaper,

Alright, I REALLY wanna see Twilight in action, and I don't wanna leave Atlas or Cicada hanging, so I'm gonna give in to Shadow's suggestion, and have three Finders pull double duty! I'll draw names when I get home!

• Brohoof 1

@,

Aww~! But we have an officer who finds a cowpony and her princess,

A princess who finds two soldiers,

And a major nerdy horror hound who finds an adventuerer and eventually another princess!

What could possibly go wrong??

But yeah, I don't see anything wrong with changing Akatsu's height!

Le backstory:

Mike's mostly lived an easy life. His parents would do most things for him, so he didn't really know much of the social life untill he started studying, which he does on his own. He never really liked sports, but did always find away to express himself, be that drawing, making music, you name it. He now is living in an apartment in Nijmegen, Netherlands, close to the university he studies his architecture.

As a child he didn't have much friends, and the ones he did have moved away or just stopped talking to him, which left him lonely most of his early teens.

When he was eighteen, Mike started getting tattoos on his arms and back. For him this was a new way to express himself. Skulls for anger, devils for hate, but also nice things, like flowers for happy things that happened to him.

He doesn't have much contact with his parents anymore. After they divorced they stopped talking to eachother, and later to Mike aswell. Luckily Mike was already living on his own when this happened.

Currently Mike has completed one year of his studies, recently having started on his second year. The first year wasn't easy and he had to work hard to finish it, but he did. Year number two will be a lot harder...

I hope this is better, but it's really all i can do.

Edited by RainbowDashie

(edited)

@,@@Pripyat Pony, @, @@00Pony, @, @, @@SilverHeart, @@Gloomfury, @@Windbreaker, @@SilverHeart, @@GeneralDirection, @@Firehearted, @Miss Reaper,

Real sorry for the wait, everyone! with fingers crossed, I hope to have the RP thread up by tonight after work, if not tomorrow night.

I'm basically gonna summarize the OP, post it, start off as AJ, then work on a post as my human characters. I hope to have that all done by the weekend.

In the meantime, here's the ocal time for your characters at the start of the RP:

New Bedford, Massachusetts - 12:03 am Saturday

Racine, Wisconsin - 11:03 pm Friday

Portland, Oregon - 9:03 pm Friday

Patras, Greece - 7:03 am Saturday

Paris, France - 6:03 am Saturday

Manheim, Pennsylvania - 12:03 am Saturday

Austin, Texas - 11:03 pm Friday

Los Angeles, California - 9:03 pm Friday

Colorado Springs, Colorado - 10:03pm Friday

Enniskerry, Ireland - 5:03 am Saturday

Manhattan, New York - 12:03 am Saturday

Edited by Hypn0ticD